NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #810 on: <01-11-15/0152:44> »
@Mal, where is Mr. Nately's biomonitor?  Doc still not been able to find it, do you have it?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #811 on: <01-11-15/0155:11> »
As for the roof hatch, it depends on what your goal is. Ace would certainly have no trouble hopping up to do a pull-up, although how he'd support himself while shooting remains to be seen. He could stand on the roof but that creates additional risks.

Sam could probably use the Firing Around a Corner trick with his Ares Alpha and his smartlink+goggles combo. I would think he's tall enough to stick his arm out the hatch.

@rednblack, you can roll Computer+Intuition for Matrix Perception to look for marks.

The commlinks from the hunters are off, yes.

IP2
Agent: 16 - Matrix Perception: 7 hits (edit: 1 hit over limit but I'm too tired to retcon)
Navigator defense: 3 hits + 0 hits (dice I forgot) = 3 hits

Agent will learn and report that the current Navigator configuration is Attack 3, Sleaze 6, Data Processing 4, Firewall 5

The Navigator is going on Full Defense.

Doc: 15 - Brute Force for 2 Marks: 6 hits (edit: 1 hit over limit but I'm too tired to retcon)
Navigator defense: 4 hits, this guy doesn't really want to live

Doc gets his two marks. Two net hits means you cause a free point of Matrix damage.

Navigator soak 1 DV: 3 hits, damage soaked

Navigator: 11 - 10 interrupt = 1: Erase Mark: 3 hits, limit 3

@Zweiblumen, roll to protect one of your marks.

Katsina will go on Full Matrix Defense.

IC post coming. I already have Doc's next round. People can chime in as they wish.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #812 on: <01-11-15/0201:16> »
As for the roof hatch, it depends on what your goal is. Ace would certainly have no trouble hopping up to do a pull-up, although how he'd support himself while shooting remains to be seen. He could stand on the roof but that creates additional risks.

If it is Ace, he'll go prone on the top of the RV.

@rednblack, you can roll Computer+Intuition for Matrix Perception to look for marks.

The commlinks from the hunters are off, yes.

Oh, he'll just reboot then. No sense in risking a roll when he can't really do anything to begin with. After reboot is complete Ace will go full matrix defense.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #813 on: <01-11-15/0204:09> »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #814 on: <01-11-15/0204:53> »
Also, is Send Message a free action or a simple action?

8-bit

« Reply #815 on: <01-11-15/0207:49> »
Hunters comms should be off.  AFAIK no one is being protected by Doc except for Ohanzee and maybe Ace's.  I can't remember.  I'm pretty sure Chino and Sam cut me off after the stunt I pulled and Kat never gave me access.

Aye, Chino probably never gave access back. He was pretty messed up last night (mentally) and forgot to do it today.

Chino would also reboot his commlink when he hears about Matrix threats; although he wants that back on ASAP so that he can pull up the ARO map again.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #816 on: <01-11-15/0216:16> »
Turning off wireless is a Free Action, but it is up to the GM how many of those you get per IP (usually one, and I don't see why this would be an exception).

You get one (1) Free Action per IP but I GM that you may convert Simple Actions into Free Actions. Thus you can have up to three (3) Free Actions if you cash in your Complex Action for two (2).

Turning off wireless functionality is free if you're the owner. (If you're not the owner, turning off something else's wireless could be an attack.) I'm going to rule that turning it off manually is a Simple Action.

You don't know if Mr. Nately has a biomonitor. If he does, you don't know where it is. You can roll Perception.

Send Message is a Free Action if it is short (for example, a short sentence). This is using the Speak/Text/Transmit Phrase combat action from p. 164. If you're using DNI (datajack or trodes) and spend a Simple you can send up to a short paragraph. This is from the Send Message matrix action on p. 242.

Defending Mark (Will 5 + FW 6 = 11): 11d6t5 3

I think you can add your VR bonus to defense. I've been playing it that way. If this is wrong, someone let me know, but I figure defending against a "matrix action" is a much of action as the initiating action itself.

Either way, mark defended.

Still working on that IC post.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #817 on: <01-11-15/0254:38> »

Send Message is a Free Action if it is short (for example, a short sentence). This is using the Speak/Text/Transmit Phrase combat action from p. 164. If you're using DNI (datajack or trodes) and spend a Simple you can send up to a short paragraph. This is from the Send Message matrix action on p. 242.

Glad I asked!  My version says Simple Action instead of Free Action.  That changes my tactics somewhat.  I'll use my free action to tell the agent to protect the 'deck.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #818 on: <01-11-15/0318:22> »
Minuteman initiative for CT2: 25

Off to bed.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #819 on: <01-11-15/0348:13> »
Doc's Initiative 4d6+10: 4d6+10 18 He'll spend edge to jump to the front of the initiative order.
Agent's Initiative 11+4d6: 4d6+11 30 Damn wish I'd gotten a roll like that for Doc!

Actions already sent to Tec.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #820 on: <01-11-15/0407:43> »
Minutemen, I fuckin' knew it. Not sure how Ace could have exploited it, but I knew the Natelys were some "X"reich motherfuckers.  OOC, I'm worried that we stirred up some shit with some secret society types, but Ace won't be able to put that together unless he hears something about what the opposing icon looks like.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #821 on: <01-11-15/0431:09> »
Perception (Looking for wireless devices on Mr. Nately) [Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Specifically Looking 3 - Wounds 3]: 7d6t5 3

Not sure if specifically looking applies if I broaden my search to any wireless device. If not, then I'll limit my search to just the biomonitor.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #822 on: <01-11-15/1931:08> »
Doc has one-shotted the enemy decker. I will let him write it up ICly.

Ohanzee, after a careful search of Mr. Nately, does not find a biomonitor. Either he does not have one or it is part of his headware suite that Ohanzee can see on the astral.

I'd like a round of posts from everyone of what the PCs are doing in anticipation of running into trouble. Also, your general location in the RV. Chino is driving although he does not need to be; he could program Katsina's route into GridGuide easily enough. The passenger seat is currently empty. In the RV, their are multiple places to sit or stand, including the kitchen/dining area, the bathroom, and the bedroom. These posts can be IC or OOC, but IC earns you participation credit!

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #823 on: <01-11-15/1939:29> »
Sam will go where Ohanzee tells him, but he'd prefer the passenger seat, where he has the most range of vision/fire.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #824 on: <01-11-15/1942:31> »
I think you can add your VR bonus to defense. I've been playing it that way. If this is wrong, someone let me know, but I figure defending against a "matrix action" is a much of action as the initiating action itself.

Either way, mark defended.

Still working on that IC post.

I never really thought about it, but if you include the VR bonus, do you include noise/distance "bonuses" as well?

IC post about cybercombat and location in the RV and a few other things coming up.