NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #750 on: <01-07-15/1340:56> »
Spoof Command Mrs. Nately's Biomonitor all clear Hacking(6) + Intuition(4) + Qualia(1) + VR(2) - Wounds(1)=12: 12d6t5 3

I'll get the IC up shortly.  I think that should work for the Spoof, if not, I'll whack it again :P
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #751 on: <01-07-15/1352:43> »
Now that I review the Repairing Drones section on p. 270, it appears that drones don't come back from overflow:

Drones have two damage tracks, Physical and Matrix.
Fill up either one and it’s bye-bye birdie as the drone is
either irreparably destroyed and joins the spare parts
collections, or it gets bricked and it’s time to completely
rewire its guts. But up until that final box is filled, damage
done to a drone can be repaired.

No need to subtract a die from the second Edit File roll. Since it's a resisted test - and not extended - you don't have to subtract a die for a second try. (Like in combat, you don't subtract dice the second and third time you try to shoot someone.)

This is a tougher test since you're now working against the host.

Resist edit #1: 4 hits, didn't work
Resist edit #2: 2 hits, edit succeeds

Biomonitor resist spoof: 0 hits, spoof successful

Overwatch Score is now 34.

I have a meeting in two hours I need to be ready for. I'll be back on afterward.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #752 on: <01-07-15/1438:45> »
I'll have something up before the end of the day.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #753 on: <01-07-15/1922:07> »
@Tec: What's the nearest hospital?  I'm just going to use that to make life easier.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #754 on: <01-07-15/1925:50> »
Aspen Valley Hospital. It is more like an upscale clinic than a full hospital, but it would be appropriate in a non-emergency situation like this.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #755 on: <01-07-15/2017:16> »
Thanks!  IC on it's way.

And thanks Mal for Ohanzee's wordsmithing there :)

8-bit

« Reply #756 on: <01-07-15/2231:24> »
I'm reviewing IC to get something up. You've already seen my post in the Vampire Hunters thread (I cannot pronounce or spell that new PbP's name to save my life). Sorry for the delay.

8-bit

« Reply #757 on: <01-08-15/0252:32> »
Since I noticed that no one Assensed the old folks, I'm going to do that really quickly. I'll just do one roll, tell me if you need two. I also forget if we are using the whole "Specifically Looking" bonus for Assensing rolls.

Assensing the Old Couple: 5d6t5 3 [1, 6, 5, 6, 3]

Specifically Looking Bonus, if applicable: 3d6t5 2 [4, 5, 6]

Well, that's going to get me a lot more information than I expected. I just kind of wanted to make sure they were mundane, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

ETA: Well, Ohanzee did do an Astral Perception, but I don't know if that's really Assensing, per se.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #758 on: <01-08-15/0329:15> »
Yes, Ohanzee checked to see if they were awakened before Ace and he were let into the house, but no one has peeped them since they became unconscious. Might be some useful info to glean.

Since you are not taking the snow mobile, does that mean we are taking two ATVs?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #759 on: <01-08-15/0344:28> »
Assensing and Astral Perception are synonymous.

The Assensing reveals that they're both unconscious and highly sedated. Outside of the obvious chems that Doc is pumping into Mrs. Nately, it is clear that she has low blood pressure. Mrs. Nately does not have any cyber or bioware, although she could benefit from a synthacardium. Mrs. Nately has an electrical burn wound on her chest; her body is having a hard time healing the damage, although the enforced rest is helping somewhat.

I'm guessing that 8-bit missed the part where I said there was a trailer that could take two vehicles (snowmobiles or ATVs or one of each).

8-bit

« Reply #760 on: <01-08-15/1132:48> »
Sigh, I hate myself sometimes.

Chino would have Assensed anyway, so that works for me. Completely missed that it could fit the snowmobile in. I'm thinking it wouldn't be worth it to retcon it, we can just take 2 ATVs? Assuming everyone else is okay with that.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #761 on: <01-08-15/1142:12> »
Sigh, I hate myself sometimes.

Chino would have Assensed anyway, so that works for me. Completely missed that it could fit the snowmobile in. I'm thinking it wouldn't be worth it to retcon it, we can just take 2 ATVs? Assuming everyone else is okay with that.

Having 1 snowmobile might be good for the present terrain, but I don't have strong thoughts about the subject.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #762 on: <01-08-15/1236:33> »
I second rednblack.

8-bit

« Reply #763 on: <01-08-15/1250:01> »
All right, let me do a minor retcon then, sorry about that all.

8-bit

« Reply #764 on: <01-08-15/1300:53> »
Hopefully that was sufficiently minor and adequate. Sorry for the whole confusion with my absence.