NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #375 on: <12-12-14/2035:40> »

Shopping list
Ballistic Mask $600 (Ultrasound (R1), Camera (R1), Omni-Directional Microphone (R1), Micro-Tranceiver, Radio Signal Scanner (1)) Avail 6
Binoculars, optical $50 Avail 2

Any problems with that before I put it in IC?

@Tec - Okay, I'll add in a trip to inspect the body to Ohanzee's to do list. We came in to Aspen from the NW along the 82, right? From the map, it looks like her body was dumped up near the reservoir. I'll want to try to determine cause of death and time of death. I'm no expert, of course, but hopefully I can make a "recent" or "not recent" call. I'm not performing the action yet, just spitballing in OOC so that everyone is clear when it is time for it to go up in IC (and you can fill me in on what rolls I might need, etc).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #376 on: <12-12-14/2346:34> »
Yeah, 12 hours and an edge shot. Nice thing is I'll. e going to sleep again soon so I won't miss the edge.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #377 on: <12-12-14/2350:23> »
Sam isn't sure what he's needed for during the next 4-6 hours.
He's still wary about hitting up any of his contacts for fear of putting them in danger.
He's well rested.
The house is trapped already.
He's willing to help out with whatever anyone needs from him.
He'll need clothes if he's to look like anything other than a paid killer.
He won't wanna go anywhere in public without SOME form of facial disguise after seeing that video of himself stealing the obelisk.
He'd like to get in touch with the Draco Foundation, the Atlatean Foundation, the Astral Space Preservation Society, or the Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research, but doesn't know how.

Hmmmm...

He and his contacts seem to keep things very quick and coded on the comm. Maybe he could send a message to one of them and see if they couldnt arrange a VR meeting or something. On the other hand though, he suspects that his contacts are just weapons suppliers, and so he'd look strange to them if he started asking for things outside their area of expertise.

Hmmmm...

Lil help?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #378 on: <12-13-14/0010:06> »
@Mal, you came into Aspen from the southeast driving northwest.

Dolphin is able to convey a certain degree of information via the spirit-summoner link, although this is somewhat constrained by the spirit's understanding of the physical world. Ms. Winters is frozen solid and appears to have been dead for at least a day, not that the spirit really knows. Cause of death was likely a fast drop and a sudden stop. Any astral traces on her aura have long since faded.

Chummer's not doing a good job with the ballistic mask. I will pencil out the math later tonight or tomorrow to confirm the figures.

@Poindexter, at 3:05pm Sam's comm is going to chime with a calendar event: "Write to Mom". You may wish to review the IC messages that you found in Chapter 1.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #379 on: <12-13-14/0103:20> »
Thanks for the info. I wasn't expecting the spirit to provide forensic info - Ohanzee was going to astrally project there (and still will) to gather that info. He'll immediately relay to the team that she is dead, but I'll assume that cause and time are not IC knowledge until he checks it out personally.

I used Chummer for the math, adding the camera and mic and transceiver directly and the ultrasound and radio scanner as single sensors. Mostly I want something to hide my face, but since it has capacity I'm adding some extra functionality. Ohanzee will suggest that everyone picks up micro transceivers (and ballistic masks) to provide another secure communication option considering the matrix threat present on the local grid.

I'm going to break the things out across multiple IC posts so that they line up chronologically with what others are doing, I'm just letting everyone know OOC what Ohanzee is planning.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #380 on: <12-13-14/0222:29> »
@Mal, I believe I see how you are calculating the price of the mask. However, for reasons which escape me, single sensors are not available at rating 1 per the text on p. 445 and the table on p. 446. As such, the Ultrasound and Radio Signal Scanner are ¥200 instead of ¥100.

The good news is that tech is cheap in Pueblo due to the PCC's position as a leader in the industry. Per Native American Nations, Volume I, the Ultrasound and Micro-Tranceiver are available at a 20% discount. The rest of it (except for the mask itself) is available at a 10% discount. The mask is regular price. Thus the final price is ¥705, Availability 6.

Ohanzee can call around to local outfitter shops to see if he can find it. Per the Availability rules, you need to beat 3 hits. Delivery time is one day, which represents the time to customize the mask. If you tie the three hits, it will take two days.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #381 on: <12-13-14/0327:40> »
I'll drop the Ultrasound. New cost should be ¥705-¥160=¥545

Purchase Ballistic Mask [Negotiate 6 + Charisma 6 - Wounds 1]: 11d6t5 2
Edge reroll:
Edge Reroll for Ballistic Mask: 9d6t5 5
Could have used that the first time around. Bleah.
7 hits - can I use the extra hits to reduce the delivery time?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #382 on: <12-13-14/0405:42> »
More rolls:
Summon Spirit of Air (Force 7) [Magic 6 + Summoning 6 + Focus 2 - Wounds 1]: 13d6t5 4
Suitably sucktastic
Spirit of Air Resist [Force 7]: 7d6t5 3
Of course the spirit rolls well
Resist Drain (Spirit Hits x 2 = 6) [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 4
Of course I flub the drain resist roll - edging:
Edge Reroll for Drain resist: 9d6t5 4
Whew! No drain. And no Edge left. And the day's not even half over yet...

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #383 on: <12-13-14/0446:52> »
Anyone have any idea how I'd know if a car would be missed or not?

If there is a theater or other pasttime where people spend a couple hours away from home and car, pretty much any recently arrived vehicle in the parking lot would be a candidate for our needs. There's lots of ski runs where people would park for a few hours while they ski.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #384 on: <12-13-14/0459:00> »
You mean just any car in a parking lot then?  Thought you wanted one folks wouldn't miss for a while. I can pick a random one, but without hacking every car I can't think of a good way to tell how long it's been there.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #385 on: <12-13-14/1149:48> »
@Poindexter, at 3:05pm Sam's comm is going to chime with a calendar event: "Write to Mom". You may wish to review the IC messages that you found in Chapter 1.

What time does this 4-6 hour activity block we're about to do start at?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #386 on: <12-13-14/1252:09> »
The current time is around noon.

Ace and Katsina can provide input on a suitable car for Doc to hack when they go into town.

The Concealment power could be counterproductive for Ace and Katsina while they're in town. It's a good way for them to get run over in a crosswalk. ("I'm so sorry, officer! I didn't see them!")

Unfortunately additional hits on an availability test cannot be used to reduce the delivery time.

It sounds like Ace and Katsina are going to take a town car into town. I will wait to hear from 8-bit whether Chino plans to stay at the house or go into town. It sounds flexible.

Poindexter, I'll get to your PM today.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #387 on: <12-13-14/1304:05> »
Poindexter, I'll get to your PM today.

If there's ONE player who aint gonna stress you bout punctuality, its me. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #388 on: <12-13-14/1331:06> »
The Concealment power could be counterproductive for Ace and Katsina while they're in town. It's a good way for them to get run over in a crosswalk. ("I'm so sorry, officer! I didn't see them!")
If they would request that they not be concealed, Ohanzee can summon a lesser spirit. That would net the spirit one less hit and Ohanzee would not have to Edge reroll the drain resist. Much of the IC conversation would have to be rewritten. Shall I go that route?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #389 on: <12-13-14/1342:33> »
Ace and Katsina can provide input on a suitable car for Doc to hack when they go into town.
Again, this is a throw away vehicle. Doc could just as easily hack into the camera feed at the ski lift entrance (or wherever the cars drop their passengers off). Once a suitable car (large enough to feasibly hold 6 metas and a large artifact) drops its passengers off and heads off to park itself, he can grab it the moment it is out of view of the owners, then redirect it to Carbondale using Grid Guide. Once it gets there, take manual control and crash it in the outskirts of town (unobserved - loop more cameras?)  so that it immediately reports the incident to the owner, speeding up the discovery process. A minor impact would be best so that it isn't suspicious that a car-full of metas walked away form the collision.

ETA: Before it heads to Carbondale, it needs to go to a spot in Aspen that doesn't have camera coverage so that it can take on its new virtual passengers. The systems in the car will also have to be fooled into thinking that six appropriate metas and a heavy object were taken on. This does get rather complicated, but I imagine fairly trivial for a decker.

ETA2: On further reflection, not having it detect that it has taken on passengers might be more effective since the investigators would assume that the thieves were covering their tracks. The less evidence there is, the more competent it might appear the perpetrators were, rather than leading the authorities to believe it was never occupied. Probably a balance will need to be struck - if there is NOTHING to indicate it was occupied, it might arouse suspicion. Hence the "entry" and "exit" in secluded areas. But we start to tread into the over-thinking it at this point - I think our intent is clear, so we should let the die roll determine how well we did with the details.
« Last Edit: <12-13-14/1351:50> by Malevolence »