NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #270 on: <12-06-14/0133:20> »
So, Doc heard everything? Cool. I'll wait till you get a post in before Chino and Sam continue their conversation.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #271 on: <12-06-14/0149:43> »
Dunno if I heard anything until 8-bit rolls his snoop defense (need more than just the mark, need the mark + snoop).  Didn't bother to more than mark Sam's comm as he's got a *lot* better defense than Chino does, just from the quality of the commlink.  Chino actually has a pretty good chance of resisting the Snoop, in which case he's just going to confront you guys (which is pretty scary for a puny human staring down a troll and an ork), so he might end up not so happy with life :P  If he gets the snoop, that'll be a lot easier.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #272 on: <12-06-14/0152:17> »
Defending against Snoop (Logic 4 + Firewall 3): 7d6t5 2 [4, 5, 1, 3, 2, 6, 2]

You damn lucky man :)

Go on, you heard everything, we don't know it.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: <12-06-14/0200:17> »
I've never been the "lets just blow it up" guy before and i still dont feel like i am, but EVERYTHING i know is telling me to just set the timer on this fucker, wake the rest of the team up and figure something out on the fly.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #274 on: <12-06-14/0202:59> »
Schweet!  Bad rolls all around (though I blew 2 edge on this.  I'm down to 3).  I'm sure Tec can tell me how bad my rolls have been :)

IC post coming up.
« Last Edit: <12-06-14/0225:11> by Zweiblumen »

8-bit

« Reply #275 on: <12-06-14/0226:38> »
They were pretty bad. You rolled like 40+ dice there.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #276 on: <12-06-14/0241:15> »
I can't tell you how funny this is, players begging other players to hack their comms.

One very important defense roll for Sam's commlink to resist the spoof command: 4 hits

That makes Doc's final Overwatch Score is 37. He unplugs and reboots moments before hitting the 15-minute threshold where we would be adding 2d6, which would have been +7.

Moving forward: Katsina would definitely hear Sam and Chino return and would be curious about Doc going to the garage to greet them. Zweiblumen's IC post also alludes to Doc not being that quiet. Katsina has good hearing and would be alert enough to wake Ace. OOCly, I certainly don't want to leave Ohanzee/Malevolence out of the conversation simply because no one explicitly wakes him up. Mal, feel free to use whatever IC justification you see fit to hear people moving around in the house: still awake, heard the garage door open, etc.

I was going to post ICly about the snowmobile trip back to the house but it was all color and fluff. I don't want to interrupt the flow of the IC conversation, which is awesome. I don't have time to post as Katsina at the moment but I will in the morning. Please continue the conversation!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #277 on: <12-06-14/0247:48> »
Eh, bad, but not horrible over all.  48 dice, 13 hits.  27% which is only 6% off of average.  But yeah, I'm looking forward to rolling better in the future :)

Also, I specifically *didn't* spoof Sam's link because it would be too hard.
SNOOP
(COMPLEX ACTION)
Marks Required: 1
Test: Electronic Warfare + Intuition [Sleaze] v. Logic + Firewall
This action lets you intercept Matrix traffic sent to and from your target for as long as you have the target marked. You can listen to, view, or read this data live, or you can save it for later playback/viewing if you have something to store it on (your deck will do).

Do I need both?  If so, I'm pretty sure I'd totally fail.  Dunno if I'd burn *another* edge at that point, but I might figuring go big or go home.... dunno.

8-bit

« Reply #278 on: <12-06-14/0253:27> »
Well, true, but you lost a lot of hits due to Limits as well.

I have an IC post in progress, will post soon. Just taking some time to make it good.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #279 on: <12-06-14/0309:37> »
I'm going to remain asleep for now. I think I'm the only one not hiding any secrets (am I lying? Only Tecumseh knows for sure  :-X ) so I'm going to let you guys come to me with a consensus (or get awoken by a loud boom).

I feel I should be driving into my teammates (Astral perception, commlink search, whatever) but Ohanzee has no reason to be paranoid about his teammates IC (except maybe Ace after the dream).

If he hears people returning he'll just assume things are okay and go back to sleep - he trusts that someone will wake him if it's important.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #280 on: <12-06-14/0334:58> »
All right, IC up.

@Malevolence

I have the feeling someone will be waking you soon; Katsina and whatever decision we come to with the obelisk probably counts as important.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #281 on: <12-06-14/1311:26> »
When I'm woken up, just so I can get most things out of the way without requiring a ton of IC back and forth, there are some questions Ohanzee will have.

Are we sure Sam made the bomb? Is it possible we removed it and that it was placed by someone else? From what I (and Ohanzee) know, here are the pieces of the puzzle that don't fit:

If we were tasked with destroying it, why did we bother taking it out of the facility? Why not just destroy it there?
If the bomb could have been assembled in less than an hour or so in a moving vehicle then maybe we made the decision to destroy it after liberating it.
If it somehow changed our minds in the facility and convinced us to take it rather than destroy it, why give us amnesia later when we were helping it?
Maybe it can only be destroyed at a particular location, which would explain why we took it and hadn't yet destroyed it as well as why it might fight back by wiping or memories. In which case we'd be well advised to find that place before destroying it.

Basically, unless these issues can be answered sufficiently, Ohanzee will likely advise not destroying it.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #282 on: <12-06-14/1323:21> »
If we were tasked with destroying it, why did we bother taking it out of the facility? Why not just destroy it there?
If the bomb could have been assembled in less than an hour or so in a moving vehicle then maybe we made the decision to destroy it after liberating it.
If it somehow changed our minds in the facility and convinced us to take it rather than destroy it, why give us amnesia later when we were helping it?
Maybe it can only be destroyed at a particular location, which would explain why we took it and hadn't yet destroyed it as well as why it might fight back by wiping or memories. In which case we'd be well advised to find that place before destroying it.

Basically, unless these issues can be answered sufficiently, Ohanzee will likely advise not destroying it.

These are all questions im gonna wait till they come up in IC before i adress, cause i dont want to get OOC and IC info mixed up in my head.

Also, Sam assumes everyone but him will advise against destroying it, which is why he's kinda tempted to do it now, while they're all sleeping. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, y'know?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #283 on: <12-06-14/2001:18> »
Anyone else want to chime in? I'll leave things open for the rest of the day. I'll push things along late tonight or tomorrow if I don't hear from anyone.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #284 on: <12-06-14/2006:47> »
Im pretty sure the plan is for everyone to get a nights sleep and discuss it in the morning.

Privately, Sam is planning on waking Ohanzee up when he's done with the traps and discussing it with him privately before bringing it to a committee.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english