NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #225 on: <12-02-14/0215:02> »
I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Ryo for that nice recap, and hello to the NSA and any other new observers we may have.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #226 on: <12-02-14/0252:08> »
How about we compromise? We booby tap the entrances with non destructive measures like beer bottles to alert us to uninvited guests, and we then put the boom in hallways and internal doors and other choke points, but set them up to be manually triggered either with radio detonation or pull cables so we can use them tactically as a force multiplier or delaying tactic during retreat?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #227 on: <12-02-14/0321:11> »
In the interests of keeping things moving, let's make a decision and move forward with it. Poindexter, please do whatever you feel Sam would in this situation, given all the factors (sense of threat, but tired, and the prospect of working while tired, but the prospect of another high threat response team landing on the roof... etc.), and post it up for us. Take us through the demise of the Rover.

Zweiblumen should be ready to post his piece now too. Then we can address the return trip for Sam and Chino.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #228 on: <12-02-14/0851:24> »
IC post up.  To let everyone know what actually happened there, I found the drone and tried to be sneaky, rolled HORRIBLY Hacking(6) + Logic(9) + VR(2) + Datajack(1) + Signal Scrub(2) - Noise(Distance(3) - Wilderness/Snow(4): 12d6t5 1 hit out of 12?!?! Burned edge, but ran afoul my Bad Luck NQ.  Hilarity ensued.  For what it's worth, I nearly lost my deck due to the stupidity of having my agent try to attack.  Learned my lesson there, leave him for defense!  Noise kills ;)

If we got lucky and the drone crashed into the snow somewhere along the way back to the house I think we should grab it.  Could get useful data off of it, but I don't think it's worth wasting a lot of time.

That said, I might be able to find it.  @Tec, what devices were rebooted?  If the rigger was jumped in, all of my damage was going to his RCC.  If he rebooted that I'm guessing the drone wouldn't actually be that badly effected.  Now I'm worried there's a drone hovering on dog brain 100 meters above the road that knows I'm around.  Am I perceiving this wrong?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #229 on: <12-02-14/1356:50> »
If all he did was reboot the drone to lose your marks, then the drone and he will be ready to rock next CT. I'd continue to keep an eye out or the drone to suddenly pop back up.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #230 on: <12-02-14/1502:46> »
Katsina Magic Fingers @F4: 2 hits, a lazy spell
Soaking 2 drain: 4 hits

Carving test: INT 6 + Artisan 2 + Specialization 2 - 1 wounds - 2 sustaining = 2 hits, decent but nothing special

At this point, we'll give Poindexter a chance to catch up before moving forward with the IC.

Rednblack, feel free to do something IC at the house unless you're waiting for Poindexter's decision with the explosives (and/or a functional work computer).

8-bit

« Reply #231 on: <12-02-14/1504:24> »
Did Katsina just turn into a mother hen?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #232 on: <12-02-14/1509:52> »
A little bit, yes. She's (conciously or unconsciously) exhibiting some behavior patterns from her previous life, and/or her mentor spirit. Speaking of which, I forgot my mentor spirit dice for the Magic Fingers test.

Mentor spirit bonus: 2 extra hits, now 4, which is the limit of the spell. That's more like it.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #233 on: <12-02-14/1924:15> »
Katsina doing a Combat Sense preparation at F6 with the Contact trigger:

Magic 6 + Alchemy 5 + Mentor Spirit 2 - 2 sustaining - 1 wounds: 6 hits, so Potency is 6
Soaking 7 drain: 3 hits, so 4S, added to her current 4 equals 8 boxes. She'll sleep well.

Final preparation is Force 6, Potency 6.

Full potency until 08:30. Potency 2 @ 12:30, Potency 0 @ 14:30.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #234 on: <12-02-14/1930:43> »
Ok, I'm getting too bogged down in these damn rules and i wanna just post, so im gonna go ahead and do my IC post and get to the rolls and whatnot here in a minute. Lets just assume that all the entrances are trapped with a lethal, but not a silly amount of explosives and ill crunch the numbers here later on.

Cool?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <12-02-14/1931:55> »
Sure, that sounds like a good approach.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #236 on: <12-02-14/1947:42> »
Again, I suggest manual triggers for the boom.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #237 on: <12-02-14/2349:16> »
IC post finally up.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #238 on: <12-03-14/0049:05> »
Thank you, Poindexter. I'll get some IC posts up, both for Katsina and for what's happening outside, and we'll resume apace.

Slight correction of my last roll. Per Ryo's house rules, the alchemy preparation should have resisted with Force 6 - Alchemy 5 = 1 die. That 1 die turned out to be a hit (naturally, a hit when you don't want one), so the final Potency is 5, not 6.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #239 on: <12-03-14/0103:20> »
Slight correction of my last roll. Per Ryo's house rules, the alchemy preparation should have resisted with Force 6 - Alchemy 5 = 1 die. That 1 die turned out to be a hit (naturally, a hit when you don't want one), so the final Potency is 5, not 6.

I assume she made that preparation prior to removing her mask in the kitchen, so she'd also get +2 dice from her Enchanting Focus.