NEWS

Is it possible to create a sword shifting gun?

• 14 Replies

Rallen12

• Newb
« on: <10-22-13/2139:57> »
What i mean is having a weapon that is a sword but can mechanicly change to a gun

i understand if it has to be Huge would be pretty cool for an ork or troll

Here is what i could look like

Maybe a handheld drone sort of thing could help making this feasable?

i can really just see a big cyberzombie blasting the door with the sword's cannon or minigun and just kick everyone's ass.
« Last Edit: <10-22-13/2143:50> by Rallen12 »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <10-22-13/2149:35> »
Honestly? Meh. You already get the same basic thing without all the work with this thing called a Bayonet. Or, y'know, putting an underbarrel weapon on a sword (yes, it specifically mentioned having a gun that fired along the line of the blade).
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-22-13/2211:57> »
Or the classic Monofilament Chainsaw

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-23-13/0030:51> »
BALISTIC KATANA  ;)

But yeah, you can. Not yet onf 5th but on 4th there were the rules in Arsenal for making a gun transformer so....

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #4 on: <10-23-13/0459:13> »
Spiderman got your back!)

But to me it appears quite silly. Just use Bayonet as Mirikon just said.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

WrongConcept

• Chummer
  • "This demonstrates my stupidity"
« Reply #5 on: <10-23-13/1345:09> »
Honestly? Meh. You already get the same basic thing without all the work with this thing called a Bayonet. Or, y'know, putting an underbarrel weapon on a sword (yes, it specifically mentioned having a gun that fired along the line of the blade).

HOW DARE YOU TO POINT THE USEFULLNESS OF THAT DEVICE! ITS A GUN THAT TRANSFORM INTO A SWORD AND THIS IS SHADOWRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! XD (its a joke friend)

Jokes aside, it is unnecessary complex modification... However i did crafted a Knife Trowing Drone sooo... on Fith no rules yet, but you could translate them from Arsenal 4e.

Also come on guys! One monofilament chainsaw?! Where is your trolliness?! MONOFILAMENT CHAINSAW DOUBLE WIELD! Now thats what i am talking about full troll ahead!
"Welcome to the Shadows... We bake cookies on tuesdays and prepare for mass murder on saturdays, we do rest at sundays to start murdering on Monday... WHY?! my thats a stupid question, because mondays suck!" -Mad Gunner Brian

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-23-13/1406:42> »
Well, I did get the idea for an adept who used a special dual-bladed weapon (think the dual-lightsaber Darth Maul uses, but with vibroblade swords).

My Characters

Rallen12

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-23-13/1744:23> »
BALISTIC KATANA  ;)

But yeah, you can. Not yet onf 5th but on 4th there were the rules in Arsenal for making a gun transformer so....

Would you happen to know wich page or the exact name of the modification?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #8 on: <10-23-13/2004:21> »
BALISTIC KATANA  ;)

Would you happen to know wich page or the exact name of the modification?

there isn't any.

The 2 closest items/mod are the easy breakdown and the Ventrox(sp) memory weapon.

Breakdown lets to breakdown a weapon to easily hide it quickly....

the memory weapon used nanotech to reform what was essentianly a tube into a halberd, a staff, a knife, or a sword.... but NOT a gun...

And given that nanotech has started to break down (IE basically removed from the game) your memory weapon is now just a pile of goo.....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <10-25-13/1233:46> »
Damn you Sybil!!!!

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-27-13/1307:05> »
If you don't like the idea of having a blade sticking out from under your gun all the time, you can always invest in flick bayonet from WAR!.

And since I'm already here...
And given that nanotech has started to break down (IE basically removed from the game) your memory weapon is now just a pile of goo.....
What do you mean it started to break down? Am I missing something?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #11 on: <10-27-13/1700:29> »

And since I'm already here...
What do you mean it started to break down? Am I missing something?

Storm Front. That book explains it all....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-28-13/0117:22> »
Basically, nanoware in general has started to go haywire. Nanoforges going on the fritz, things produced by nanobots turning out to have major structural flaws, and so on. And then you have the fact that apparently there is either a group of AIs or entropic resonance entities who are using nanoware as a 'bridge' to bodysnatch people.

That is part of the reason cyberware shot up in price, because they had been using nanobots to do all those little nerve connections, and now they have to do it the old way.

My Characters

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-28-13/0611:17> »
All right, that does it. Next SR book I'm getting - Storm Front.

Wait, does that means that the pre-existing SmartStaffs and Memory blades are now nothing more than scrap?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-28-13/0802:40> »
Simple answer: we don't know. Could be they're OK. Could be it is only a matter of time before whatever's going around comes to them.

My Characters