NEWS

Origins Feedback

• 55 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <06-15-14/1213:41> »
Any feedback from those able yo play at Origins?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-15-14/2309:02> »
I'd like to hear some feedback as well. I have a set on order but may want extra.

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-16-14/0037:28> »
LOTS of new obstacles in the full deck
Some really interesting & intriguing special effects too.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-16-14/0716:47> »
Anyone know of an "after action" report or review? Would really like to get some more understanding as to how the game plays.

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-18-14/0912:03> »
Anyone know of an "after action" report or review? Would really like to get some more understanding as to how the game plays.

I could try to explain it a bit
You've seen the cards posted by Randall on his blog right?

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-18-14/1006:42> »
You've seen the cards posted by Randall on his blog right?

Yes, they get cross-posted here.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-18-14/1851:30> »
Yep...posted a couple of links myself. I guess, I'm hoping for a preview/review like Critical Hits and Grey Elephant Gaming did for the PFACG...great videos showing games in play. Both groups did a great job of explaining the mechanics and illustrating game play. May be too early for this (ie CGL may be already doing something on this end), but was hoping to get a better idea of how the game plays.

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <06-20-14/0921:35> »
I know some of you asked for this and here it is a video from Dice Tower on Cross Fire at Origins 2014 http://youtu.be/os3EedW6s5A
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-20-14/0933:56> »
Thanks...exactly the kind if thing I wax looking for.

Spectre

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <06-20-14/0937:55> »
Stickers? I'm really torn about how much I like that. I'll buy a copy of Risk Legacy and put stickers all over that, tear up cards, write on the board, because I probably won't want to play that again. This I'm not so sure.

Are you planning on doing Character sheets similar to the way the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game did? That way we can still advance characters and not mess things up for future runs.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-20-14/1000:07> »
I haven't heard anything about sheets. I may kludge something together for myself if I think the stickers are going to be a problem for me.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <06-20-14/1008:36> »
I asked Jason about this at Origins and he said he believed the first expansion would be more of the same sheets, and stickers all be it different art.  So you could use the expansion packs to play the game while keeping your original game in tact.
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-20-14/1240:50> »
Stickers would be kind of cool if they were vinyl and removable...then you could easily reuse all game components for new characters. If they're "permanent", think I'll be looking for an alternative.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-22-14/1049:07> »
I know some of you asked for this and here it is a video from Dice Tower on Cross Fire at Origins 2014 http://youtu.be/os3EedW6s5A

Not sure if this is exactly news, but Jason indicates hat they expect to have significant numbers of the final game on hand for GenCon. Not sure if the means formal release, but would expect (hope ::) )it to be "in the wild" by end of August.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #14 on: <06-23-14/0343:36> »
I'm torn about the stickers too. While I'm sure it's meant to be a way to keep track of your character between games, it several reduces replayability. Hopefully they can easily be turned into tokens which would serve that purpose better.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?