NEWS

Season 5 prep Files Online - FAQ v1.0, Contacts, Calendar, PM Transfer Log

• 42 Replies

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-19-13/0350:49> »
I would have agreed with this until it was pointed out to me that your ranks in first aid cap the number of boxes you can heal, so there is no real benefit over a medkit until you put 3 or 4 points in. I say that was the right call.
Really? Where in the rules is that?

A4BG, since you can buy an R6 medkit for 1500¥ and have it roll 12 dice with a limit of 6 in wireless mode, Biotech seems questionable to me if it's just for First Aid.
Negative. You would be completely unable to use the skill at all, even with the med kit.
Like I said, have "it" roll 12 dice. My point isn't that you'd be able to use a medkit, my point is you wouldn't have to:
Quote from: Page 450 (emphasis mine)
Wireless: The Medkit provides a dice pool bonus equal to its rating to First Aid + Logic tests, or can operate itself with a dice pool of Medkit Rating x 2 and a limit equal to its Rating.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-19-13/1245:37> »
I would have agreed with this until it was pointed out to me that your ranks in first aid cap the number of boxes you can heal, so there is no real benefit over a medkit until you put 3 or 4 points in. I say that was the right call.
Really? Where in the rules is that?

A4BG, since you can buy an R6 medkit for 1500¥ and have it roll 12 dice with a limit of 6 in wireless mode, Biotech seems questionable to me if it's just for First Aid.
Negative. You would be completely unable to use the skill at all, even with the med kit.
Like I said, have "it" roll 12 dice. My point isn't that you'd be able to use a medkit, my point is you wouldn't have to:
Quote from: Page 450 (emphasis mine)
Wireless: The Medkit provides a dice pool bonus equal to its rating to First Aid + Logic tests, or can operate itself with a dice pool of Medkit Rating x 2 and a limit equal to its Rating.

Since most people in the Sixth World are going to use the hooking it up and setting to do the job itself, it does stand to reason that Incompetent with that group would mean you couldn't even do that. Sure, you could still buy a med kit and have a team member do it, but since there's a good chance that if you need it, then the rest of your team does too, so that's that much more time it will take which is that much more time that more trouble will show up.
« Last Edit: <09-19-13/1321:27> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-19-13/1339:13> »
Even if setting up a medkit for autonomous mode goes beyond something a 5-step IKEA-style manual can guide even an Incompetent character through, the chance that somehow, you're the only one in the party still conscious enough to set up the medkit, is small enough that I don't think it counts.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-19-13/1343:16> »
Even if setting up a medkit for autonomous mode goes beyond something a 5-step IKEA-style manual can guide even an Incompetent character through, the chance that somehow, you're the only one in the party still conscious enough to set up the medkit, is small enough that I don't think it counts.

Having to stop for longer because you have to wait for a team member to take care of themselves first does count. Cracking group I can see questioning and any of the Awakened or Resonance based groups, possibly Outdoors but Survival can be way too important in the Barrens, I can see questioning, but all the others should be straight up fair game.
« Last Edit: <09-19-13/1419:16> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #19 on: <09-20-13/0902:05> »
Bull,

Just to make sure that I am clear on things, if I run a mission (and I now get credit for it), it counts as if that character ran that mission, and thus that character cannot replay for credit. Is that an accurate summary?

Thanks,

TMF
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #20 on: <09-20-13/1540:29> »
Correct.  No double dipping :)

Bull

martinchaen

« Reply #21 on: <09-24-13/2033:50> »
Can a character participate in Sprawl Wilds and Firing Line missions and still be legal for SRM Season 5, or does each Season 5 require a completely fresh character?

samiam

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-25-13/1522:38> »
Sprawl Wilds & Firing Line are legal to combine with SRM Season 5.

martinchaen

« Reply #23 on: <09-25-13/1524:39> »
Excellent, thanks samiam!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #24 on: <09-30-13/1441:08> »
Q: In Missions, can Armor Modifications be installed onto an armor after purchasing?

For example, a Full Body Armor with Chemical Seal built in has Availability 20, so with a 5/4 contact you must pay +150% to get it. Meanwhile, the various modifications that cost Capacity have their own individual Availability, rather than modifying the base Availability of the Armor. These availabilities do not exceed 12, so would not require extra payment if bought individually afterwards through a 5/2 or 4/4 contact. Thus, adding e.g. NC 6, FR 6, TD 3 would cost either 4.5k base, or 4.5k*2.5=11.250 nuyen, depending on whether Armor can be modified after initial purchase.

Aside from whether or not you'd have to pay extra for the modifications on a high-availability item, a player with e.g. an armor jacket might want to modify it without buying a new one.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #25 on: <10-16-13/0539:55> »
Got another question: The Mission Contacts have Uses listed in their cutout sheets, are they capable of getting you any gear outside the types listed in Uses? Are there any bonuses to tests involving their uses? I know  they get +3 on knowledge tests involving their specialties, is there such a bonus on their kind of gear for swag tests?
« Last Edit: <10-27-13/2003:20> by Michael Chandra »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #26 on: <10-27-13/2005:55> »
Q: With Assassin's Primer, which Positive Qualities, if any, are allowed for Missions?

Now it says they're like Code of Honor, but they're significantly different and 3 of them are not tied to RP-related business in any way, unlike Code of Honor. The upsides of two of them are a bit unclear (what constitutes a wound?) and their disadvantage side is rathher complicated to manage. The other 2 have clear rule advantages and disadvantages. The negative quality is almost a positive one in disguise so I assume that one won't be allowed.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #27 on: <10-27-13/2040:29> »
They'll be under review.  As per the FAQ, the product does not "kick over" for Missions play for 30 days.  We'll review and update as needed. :)

Bull

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #28 on: <10-27-13/2046:55> »
I really wish I'd have had 2 more spare karma for qualities so I could have considered the awesome 12-karma one, but alas, I like Catlike and Indomitable too much. :'( If it turns out to be legal I might advise the 'look out for number 1' to a player I know. :)

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-14-13/2141:58> »
How do monthly intervals (new specialization, Initiating, stuff like that) work with the week-based Missions calendar? Do you just count them as 4 weeks, or do you 'lose' an extra 13th week for every 3 months you spend on things like that?

Similarly, what about daily intervals? Could I, for example, spend 1 day learning a new skill, 2 days setting up a Force 2 Magical Lodge, and 18 days learning 3 new spells with 2 hits each, for a total of 21 days or 3 weeks?
« Last Edit: <11-14-13/2146:42> by ZeConster »