NEWS

The "The Universal Brotherhood" document

• 16 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <05-28-15/2312:02> »
That's a good analogy, cantrip. Alien was a horror movie with sci-fi trappings, while Aliens was a sci-fi movie with horror trappings. The UB document was definitely horror, while bug city was definitely more action.

And now you've got me wondering what happens when a Wasp spirit inhabits a Xenomorph. Damnit.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <05-31-15/0927:15> »
So thanks to the Shadowrun: Hong Kong I'd managed to get a copy of The Universal Brotherhood... felt that since my game is doing Missions play in Chicago might be an idea to see where many of the cities woes began.

Just had to say, and can't really think of anyplace else to state it on this forum... wow. That was one hell of a read, even having played SR:Returns and reading Feral Cities on Chicago and knowing everything going on, some seriously great writing and well and truly worth the time spent reading it.

Kinda makes me wonder what happened when this hit the game back in 1990...

Had huge shock value back then. Since the timeline has moved up greatly, folks take the knowledge of Bugs for granted(players and characters). Back then it was a rather startling revelation.