NEWS

Attitude PDF now on sale! Print version on its way!

• 55 Replies

Pathica

• Newb
  • Eats paint chips
« Reply #45 on: <04-08-11/2316:44> »
We have a street date! It'll be out April 27!

Jason H.

Sweetness, am giddy with anticipation.  ;D
~There is no gravity, the world just sucks.~

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #46 on: <04-10-11/1104:33> »
well, hey here is my 2 nuyens worth

The good:
               The book is well done. Everything flows into the next. There is enough info to help both players & GMs branch into most areas. The Steampunk items are interesting. The writeups on some of the media darling and top bands are added spice. The bands are great, helping flesh out the music scene. Orks doing country is funny, but believable. Several plots hooks and possible mission ideas to be fleshed out later.

The Bad:
              Where are the prices for music gear? The writeups on the good and bad of using each kind are informtive. But without prices, not much help. Where is the info on being a reporter? I have seen fiction with reporters running the shadows. A part I liked in Shadowbeat. The part about any commlink can be a camera is ok, but doesn't get into the meat of being a reporter.

The Ugly:
              No rules for Combat Biker or Urban Brawl. I am a fan of Shadowbeat, enjoying having the rules handy in case anyone really wanted to know how the games were played. Also, unlike SB, no breakdown on professional teams so character know who to cheer for, or what to wear in certain locations. I could say they team is to protect "Bounce" of the SK Urban Brawl team and I got a writeup of her basic background for characters to legwork on and make plans accordingly. Now if I say I got the top rider for the Seattle Timberwolves to be detained for say 48 hours, many players won't clue in until I give them the rundown from the Johnson.

Overall: I would recommend the book to anyone as a sourcebook. it is good look into the media of 2070s. Any fans of Shadowbeat should be warned of the changes. And told to check out the Tesla Gloves.

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #47 on: <04-10-11/2125:51> »
Excited for the book release date, but the 27th seems so far away.  :-[
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <04-11-11/0950:44> »
What?  NO URBAN BRAWL!?!?

I had a character who LIVED the Urban Brawl scene.  He and another PC would bet on the outcome of matches.  He even missed part of a shadowrun to watch the semi-finals!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <04-11-11/1134:13> »
I raised the issue about news and reporters during the development process. All I can say is that, no, that Shadowbeat-equivalent info is not in this book.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #50 on: <04-11-11/1536:55> »
What?  NO URBAN BRAWL!?!?

I had a character who LIVED the Urban Brawl scene.  He and another PC would bet on the outcome of matches.  He even missed part of a shadowrun to watch the semi-finals!
To clarify, there is some Urban Brawl in the book.  It's not the page after page of detailed information Shadowbeat offered, but it (along with Combat Biker, and an assortment of other sports) is in there.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #51 on: <04-11-11/1911:17> »
Maybe a "Sports And Entertainment" Ebook?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <04-12-11/0933:14> »
Please, oh please, yes.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <07-03-11/1048:24> »
Okay, um, just something about the cover of Attitude . . . Caution-Tape Chick has, to my eyes, a strong resemblance to the actress Juliet Landau.  Was she in fact the model for the artwork?

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #54 on: <07-03-11/2146:25> »
Okay, um, just something about the cover of Attitude . . . Caution-Tape Chick has, to my eyes, a strong resemblance to the actress Juliet Landau.  Was she in fact the model for the artwork?

Interesting question. I'll have to ask Echo at GenCon!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #55 on: <07-03-11/2336:13> »
Caution Tape girl is a model that Echo uses (She's in 3 or 4 of Echo's pieces, actually).  I'm blanking on her real name off hand, but Echo was talking about her a fair bit at Origins (ANd selling sets of prints of all the pieces she modeled for).