NEWS

Into the Chaos Chapter 2 Recruitment

• 180 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #135 on: <09-08-16/2115:00> »
The books don't seem very clear about that.  What narco agument?  you mean drug resistant quality?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <09-09-16/0118:55> »
OK.  I have looked at the comments and will make another change.  I do appreciate the comments and the help as this is always the toughest part for me and it seems that I always think of something I should have done when it is too late.  Is there a drop dead date on this for character generation?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #137 on: <09-09-16/0127:30> »
Narco makes drug effects more potent - specifically anything that augment attributes gives an additional +1 to that attribute and you take less stun damage (if the drug causes damage) or take less negative effects.  Drawback is that you are more likely addicted, but many people consider it a very powerful augmentation nonetheless. You'll need to build a character that can reliably use drug boosters without finishing a burnout addict.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #138 on: <09-09-16/0147:46> »
The Campaign officially starts on October 1st.  So you still have about 3 weeks worth of time to finish planning and fine tuning your character till then.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #139 on: <09-09-16/0813:14> »
Ok I can honestly says that was my hardest character to build. Trying to be good at both Hacking and Rigging and carefully balance the nuyen was tricky but I done it and I am quite satisfited with the result. So if Mercy is sticking with this Combat Medic I will rather go for this one, I really don't mind switching  ;)

For the character he has a lot of equipment and stuff and it would take too long to copy it here so I will just put the pdf in Attachments.

Antonio Ivarsson a.k.a. Wheely

Wheely is born in the Matrix. Well not literally but he has spend more time in VR or jumped in drones than in his meat body. His father was a Rigger working in a high-tech factory, the job demanded skills and was well paid, well enough to pay Antonio a lot of drone toys and for his mother to be at home. His mom had a knack for the Matrix, she wasn't a Hacker more of a "I customize my commlink inside and outside" kind. She teached Wheely a lot of stuff about hardware and software and he picked up the hacking skills later by himself.

Without surprise Wheely has something for wheeled drones and vehicle, while the other kids were playing with their flying drone he would rather stay on the ground with his Gerbil, I guess he was just earthbound.

But what is life without drama? One day the factory were his father worked was hit hard by the undead, his dad didn't survive. From there life went downhill, the Corp that owned the factory looked for a scapegoat and decided to aim for his father, before you know it most of the life insurrance and nuyen they had kept were gone in trials. Forced to move home and go live in a shanky house Wheely's mom had to find odd jobs to make ends.

Seeing all his confortable life crumbling so fast Wheely lost all confidence into the system. He dropped school and with what was left of his toys and his saved nuyen he decided to work in the Shadows to support his mother.

Wheely can do a lot of stuff but I will try to summarize his main perks.

Vulcan Liegelord

Arguably his most important piece of Gear. His RCC is tweaked to have 2 Sleaze and can run Smoke and Mirrors to go up to 7. He use it to hack, he use it to rigg. The RCC run generally into two configuration :
  • Hacker : Virtual Machine, Smoke and Mirrors, Signal Scrub, Baby Monitor, Wrapper, Encryption
  • Rigger : Biofeedback Filter, Configurator (with Hacker config), Encryption, Autosoft (Clearsight), Wrapper

The other programs are more situational :
  • Exploit/Stealth : If for any reason he can't afford to have Noise (maybe an already high Noise area)  that a good alternative to Smoke and Mirrors
  • Fork : This is a huge time saver when you need to hack two device at once
  • Demolition : When you need to put a Data Bomb on something

Hacker

As a Hacker Wheely lack any access to Attack action so he is really more of a stealthy hacker than anything. As much as possible he will try to not reveal to his foes that he can hack and let them believe he is a simple Rigger until the last moment. Hack on the Fly will be heavily used of course, Jump into Rigged Device is nice against enemy Riggers, Control Device is a must too for Devices without Rigger interface, Reboot and Format are good way to take down stuff sneakily.

Rigger

Wheely drives Groundcraft. Maybe he will become more versatile later but for now it will have to do.

Hyundai Equus : That's his car, his house and if he could he will probably marry it. The car is equipped with everything a Rigger can dream : Chameleon Coating, Morphing License Plate, Drone Rack… but this is not a combat vehicle. There is one camera for each side for maximum coverage and the front one is equipped with Low Light vision. There is a Automotive Mechanic tool kit in the car of course.

Most of the dashboard is replaced by an aquarium where his pet John Johnston, the Sony Goldfish, can swim. In the trunk there is a landing drone rack for his Gerbil, allowing it to have an eye on the road. As long as the trunk is open the Gerbil can climb back by itself into the rack. In the right side of the car there is a Smuggling Compartment where most of the space is occupied by a Nissan Doberman and his rack, similar to the one in the back it's build so that the Doberman can get in back as long as it is open, the room left is just enough to put an assault rifle in (or whatever of equivalent size), of course there is much more room if the Doberman is not in.

The passenger seat has a Gun Port accessible.

Evo Proletarian : This helpful Drone is in the garage to help with whatever repair the car or a drone might need.

Renraku Gerbil : The infiltration drone, with his Gecko Tips the Gerbil can really go anywhere and is equiped with all the spying sensors needed for the job.

GM-Nissan Doberman : Wheely combat drone. It features a turret mounted AK-97 and a Defiance T-250 in front. The AK is generally equiped with Gel Rounds for non-lethal take down while the T-250 has Flechette Rounds loaded in.

Renraku Jardinero : Equipped with a Vacuum cleaner this drone is ideal to clean the Garage or the Car. It also feature a Chameleon Coating used to match the color of whatever cleaning drone is used in a building so it can be sneaked in. Of course it also require the right RFID but some Matrix Perception and Edit File should do the trick.

Crossbow

Wheely like some hunting on his spare time. Even when you are not a full gunner a well placed bolt from a Heavy Crossbow with some Narcoject is surprisingly effective.

And that's it! As you can see he is not much of a fighter with only 1 fighting drone but he can do a lot of other stuff : Driver, Spy, Hacking. His car only has 4 Seats but I noticed that Mercy Van has a Rigger interface so we can use that :)

Tell me what you think about it and if you think I missed some obvious thing because there was a lot to do!
« Last Edit: <09-09-16/1204:57> by Kuirem »

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #140 on: <09-09-16/0828:14> »
If someone could point me to the name and reference book for this Narco thingy, I would appreciate it.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <09-09-16/1001:20> »
No, I am probably not going to stay with the medic.  Lots was said about technology being enough and it seems to make sense.  I am working on a fighter type, but keeping the van and its Valkyrie module.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #142 on: <09-09-16/1001:50> »
Chrome Flesh p.159
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #143 on: <09-09-16/1215:45> »
I updated the sheet in my previous post, it missed the Knowledge and the Contact name.

Von K. Lovell, 1 Connection / 3 Loyalty, Mechanic. An other car lover, they went to the same college before Wheely dropped from school. He can get some car for cheap (Dealer Connection)

Dwight, 2 Connection / 1 Loyalty, Fixer. Ex-ganger, Dwight isn't the best fixer out there but every runner need one right? And Wheely isn't really a social guy so he does with what he got.

Emotional Attachment : John Johnston, the Sony Goldfish, was Wheely first drone, offered by his father so he take care of it!

@Mercy

Don't get us wrong, Medics are good! Yes tech can do a decent job but even the best Medkit will only throw 12 dice or an average of 4 box healed. A good medic can easily throw ~16 dice or even more if he has assistance (my character has high LOG so my first investment in Karma will probably be in Biotech group) and he can also use Edge, that makes a huge difference. Plus you don't always have access to the best Medkit so if you have to heal yourself with a Rat 3 Medkit in the Street (-2) that's only 4 dice, minus whatever modifier for Awakened/Cybered. Personnaly I think your character is fine as it is, it's just that having two medic is a bit pointless.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #144 on: <09-09-16/1251:20> »
@Kuirem

Are you sure you want to hang your heart on that goldfish? You won't be able to use your other drones:

RF p.154 Emotional Attachement
"The character has an irrational emotional attachment to a piece of gear. The character will always use this item, even if presented with a “better” option."

Although it sure would be funny to have the rigger insist we smuggle a goldfish tank into every venue we want to get info from.  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #145 on: <09-09-16/1332:45> »
Damn that's a pretty harsh penalty for -5 Karma, it was really just for the fluff. Now let's be a bit reasonnable, the Goldfish is a spying water drone so yes if someone give me a better water spying drone I will refuse to use it but it doesn't mean I can't use any other drones.

What our mighy GM says on that? If I can't use any other Drones I will find an other quality to replace this one but I liked my goldfish-in-a-tank-in-the-car idea  :'( and that's just not the same without the emotional attachement to it.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <09-09-16/1343:01> »
For every task that the gold fish CAN perform you use the goldfish... even if you get a better drone. If the goldfish is compromised you will go out of your way to retrieve it, even if it is dangerous and expensive. When someone walk in on you in your downtime, you are probably playing with your goldfish.

Now you remained me of 'the ill tempered sea bass from Austin powers.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #147 on: <09-09-16/1359:17> »
Fine by me, especially the
When someone walk in on you in your downtime, you are probably playing with your goldfish.

Can I attach Laser Beam on my Goldfish head?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <09-11-16/0936:29> »
Nice try ;)

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #149 on: <09-11-16/1239:48> »
You know, I have one simple request!

On a more serious note, anything else on my character? Do you like it, anything that feels off?