Agi: 4 (5)
Rea: 1 (3)
Str: 8 (9)
Cha: 1
Int: 3
Log: 2 1-lvl bought w/ karma
Will: 3
Edg: 2 1-lvl bought w/ karma

Qualities: Positive- Ambidextrous, Natural Athlete, Quick Healer -14 Karma/ Negative- Allergy (Uncommon, Moderate) [antibiotics], Weak Immune System +20 Karma
10 Karma Converted to 20k nuyen
1 Karma used on Contacts

Skills:
Skill Groups: Athletics 5 (Gymnastics, Running, Swimming)
Skills: Automatics-6[cyber-implant], Blades-6[axes], Locksmith-4, Palming-3, Perception-3, Pilot Ground Craft-1[bikes], Sneaking-3, Unarmed Combat-6[cyber-implant]
Knowledge Skills-10 points

Cyberwear:
Obvious Cyberarm- Cust. Str 8, Cust Agi 6, Enh. Str 3, Enh. Agi 3, Armor 3, Cyberarm Slide(holds taser), Spurs
Obvious Cyberarm- Cust. Str 8, Cust Agi 6, Enh. Str 3, Enh. Agi 1, Armor 2, Machine Pistol(silencer, external clip)
Cybereyes(3)- Smartlink, Low Light, Thermo, Flare Comp, Img Link, Vision Enhancement(2), Vision Magnification
Wired Reflexes(2)

Biowear
Mnemonic Enhancer(2)
Pathogenic Defense(2)
Symbiotes(2)

Cyberarms and Reflexes are Standard, Cybereyes and Biowear is Alphawear

Gear:
Lifestyle: Low[dangerous area] 2 months prepaid, 2 Months Symbiote upkeep. Doc Wagon Basic-1 year
Fake SIN(3), with Restricted Cyberwear, Large Blades, and Automatics Licenses(3). Credstick Silver
Renraku Sensei Commlink-Sim Module,  5 Sensor Tags w/ Omni Directional Mics,
Autopicker(2), Sequencer(2), Monofilament Chainsaw,
Handheld Sensor(3)[radio signal scanner3, MAD 3, cyberwear scanner3],
Containment Manacles, Plasteel Restraint,
Biomonitor, Trauma Patch, 3 Kamikaze
3 Spare Clips- FN HAR, 105 Regular Ammo, 35 Explosive
2 Spare Clips- Cyber Machine Pistol, 64 Regular Ammo, 18 APDS
Suzuki Mirage Racing Bike

Armor
Armor Jacket- fire resistance(3), nonconductivity (4)
Helmet- trodes, spatial recognizer, audio enhancement(1), select sound filter(1)

Weapons
Spurs, Cyber Machine Pistol, FN HAR- extra shock pad, Defiance EX Shocker(in cyberarm slide), Combat Knife, Pole Arm

Karma Remaining:0 , Essence remaining: 0.04, Nuyen Remaining: 7
Made with help of Chummer 5, Core Rulebook Only, Priority System build
And at least put some thought into the Negative Quality Addiction-Mild (DeepWeed). You're playing in Denver afterall, and a Sasquatch-sized joint gets me right in the feels.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-07-17/0554:00> »
Interesting character, I like the idea that he heals faster from injury but is weak to disease and infection.

The thing that strike me though is his 8 STR. Why invest so much in STR when you use Cyberarms? If it is to raise the Physical limit you don't need as much as 8, 6 should be enough for most stuff you want to do (so a 6-ish strength or even less if you raise BOD/REA). You have plenty of attributes that could use a raise, AGI to hit, REA to move faster, BOD to get an extra Physical Box.

I see that you took a Biomonitor but not Medkit, having a Medkit Rating 6 can save your life since it operates on its own pretty well.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-07-17/1043:47> »
Mechanical notes: Armor 3 in a cyberlimb is higher availability than is normally allowed on a starting character.  You've got a Taser in the Cyberarm slide and no Pistol Skill.

Optimization suggestions to consider:
Attributes, Drop Body to 5 and drop Str to Orc Minimum.  Use those points for Intuition, and Reaction.

Skills: I'd put your group points into Stealth skill and use your Palming/Sneak skill points on Gymnastics.  Running/Swimming are really not worth 5 Group skill points.  I'd also drop Blades and pick up Etiquette or Con.

Ware: Drop the cyberarm slide for a Shock fist.  Drop some of the squishy Bio things for Reaction Enhancers if you can.

Gear: Drop the Kamikaze, you'll fail the addiction test after a single dose.  Doc Wagon Contracts are for Suits, not Runners.   Drop any weapons you dropped the skills for. 

Most important, Have fun!
« Last Edit: <03-07-17/1100:15> by Hobbes »

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-07-17/1336:24> »
I strongly agree w/Hobbes points.

Additionally, you may want to think about the following:
You only have 14points positive qualities so I'd fit in Redliner.
Yes, you lose a box of PhysMon.
However you gain both a point on inherent AGI/STR and cyberlimb AGI/STR.

Or, Biocompatability (Cyberware) saves you enough essence you don't have to pay for alphaware.

You might want to consider changing the implanted machine pistol to an implanted Ingram Smartgun X.
Yes it costs an extra 4k for the privilege of implanting a specific weapon, but its worth it IMHO.

Vassago

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-07-17/1355:51> »
Awesome stuff guys, thanks for the replies.

Interesting character, I like the idea that he heals faster from injury but is weak to disease and infection.
-Thanks! That is how he was designed in-mind, kind of a gifted athlete who became obsessed over losing a step, and went overboard with steroids and stims, until eventually going down the cyber-wear rabbit hole where there's not much left of the actual guy. That's why he had a few Kamikaze handy too, but based on one of Hobbes suggestions below, that's probably gonna go.

The thing that strike me though is his 8 STR. Why invest so much in STR when you use Cyberarms?
-Thought process was that his preference in combat would be melee, more Str = more DV. Definitely not 100% with the Attribute allocation (D Priority is rough somewhere), and will try some tweaking. I was going through the build process with a Superthyroid Gland slotted, until I realized it was out of Availability range. That had bonuses to several Attributes, and once I realized I couldn't use it, I just kinda left them where I had them.

I see that you took a Biomonitor but not Medkit, having a Medkit Rating 6 can save your life since it operates on its own pretty well.
-Awesome advice, just ran outta money, I'll maybe kill the Trauma Patch and do some shuffling

Mechanical notes: Armor 3 in a cyberlimb is higher availability than is normally allowed on a starting character.  You've got a Taser in the Cyberarm slide and no Pistol Skill.
-Doh! Armor 3 upgrade didn't flag me in chummer, great catch. Dropping it 1 rating and the slide would free up room for shock-fist. Is it worth doing something else though? Come to think of it, his unarmed damage is pretty high stun already- non electrical. Could just punch people when the naps are needed

Ware: Drop some of the squishy Bio things for Reaction Enhancers if you can.
-Want to keep the Pathogenic Resistance for theme, but can maybe drop a rating. Could be talked out of the Symbiotes since I have Quick Healing quality, just was worried about modifiers w/ magical healing and essence and what-not. The Mnemonic Enhancers can go, hopefully find a way to tweak mental limit with an attribute shuffle.

Skills: I'd put your group points into Stealth skill and use your Palming/Sneak skill points on Gymnastics.  Running/Swimming are really not worth 5 Group skill points.  I'd also drop Blades and pick up Etiquette or Con.
-With a Melee preference, is running important for closing distances? I wanted a Pole-Arm, and eventual Combat Axe weilder (4 accuracy is kinda rough though), but you're right, having 2 melee skills hurts, can stick with unarmed for the cyberarm damage, and the spurs damage.

Doc Wagon Contracts are for Suits, not Runners.
-Save me Deus Ex Machina!  ;)  That's awesome though, could use that on a T-shirt

You only have 14points positive qualities so I'd fit in Redliner. Or, Biocompatability (Cyberware) saves you enough essence you don't have to pay for alphaware. You might want to consider changing the implanted machine pistol to an implanted Ingram Smartgun X.
-Need to stick to Core book on this one, don't think I can take the qualities. I love the idea of an Ingram, especially if it can keep it's internal upgrades, but I don't think I saw this anywhere in Core raw.

Thanks to you all, more feedback is appreciated from anyone. I'll edit the OP once I can dig back in and try a few changes.

And at least put some thought into the Negative Quality Addiction-Mild (DeepWeed). You're playing in Denver afterall, and a Sasquatch-sized joint gets me right in the feels.