NEWS

Virtual Table Top

• 10 Replies

AussieHope

• Newb
« on: <07-28-19/0350:52> »
Since Shadowrun first came out it has always been my favourite setting, I still have my FASA Shadowrun 7100 book and have played through Shadowrun Returns, DragonFall and Hong Kong several times.  With Netflix shows like Bright, and Cyberpunk 2077 coming out it shows that this type of Genre is still hugely popular and still connects with people.

Sadly as a mature player and a father with three kids, I don't have the luxury of time to play any good old pen and paper role playing games, I do however DM 2x VTT games a week on Fantasy Grounds and, even though I don't even like D&D5e all that much, I have sunk so much $$ into WOTC 5e products on Smiteworks it's scary to think about.

I really want to support this game, I really want to buy every Shadowrun product as it comes out, pulling my players away from D&D and pathfinder to this universe. Sadly however. until it comes out on a VTT platform, I'm stuck to looking at your store thinking of all the fun I'm not going to have with Shadowrun Sixth World :(

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <07-28-19/0443:43> »
Not sure how well the (paid) SRM Online runs would work for you?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

duckman

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-28-19/0837:19> »
Why not play Shadowrun on Roll20.com?  It seems to work just fine there.  What do you want from a VTT environment that you cannot get between a combination of DriveThruRPG and Roll20?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-28-19/0914:05> »
A link to SRM Online!

They do employ Roll20, or another site like it.
« Last Edit: <07-28-19/0919:13> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

AussieHope

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-28-19/0934:50> »
Thanks, I will check out SRM Online.

Shame the 6th world content won't be coming out for Fantasy Grounds :(

I would really prefer to just buy the beginner box, supplements and a module and have a nice simple drag and drop solution with a ribbon on top.

Even with Roll20, and whatever I need to go to to get the templates to become a GM, I still have to manually port the module over from PDF one map at a time, build all the NPCs from scratch and probably all the items too.  I would rather pay $15-$20 and just focus on GM'ing the game than having to spend a night cutting and pasting everything from the PDF.

« Last Edit: <07-28-19/0954:19> by AussieHope »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-28-19/0939:48> »
I don't believe that there are any "formal" or licensed solutions like that out there, unfortunately. I'm not sure if licensing issues have held things up, or lack of interest/time, but I agree, it would be great to have a data set in place for Fantasy Grounds or Roll20.

duckman

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-28-19/1042:37> »
Of course our experience is that just like GMing in the real world you only have to build your Ork gangers once and then you reuse them so the more you work in the system the less you have to do to prep.  Eventually it is just your named characters and your map (which you can just import from the module) and you are essentially done.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-28-19/1548:20> »
Of course our experience is that just like GMing in the real world you only have to build your Ork gangers once and then you reuse them so the more you work in the system the less you have to do to prep.  Eventually it is just your named characters and your map (which you can just import from the module) and you are essentially done.

You’re using Roll20? How have you found it to be?

AussieHope

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-25-19/0917:15> »
If you check out the Fantasy Grounds Forums, Die Hard Gaming has just created a fan made extension for Shadowrun 5e using the MoreCore.pak ruleset.  Of course not being offical the actual SR 5e rulebook and supplements are not available and it seems you have to actually type the whole thing in yourself, but it is still a really huge step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: <09-25-19/0941:19> by AussieHope »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-26-19/0718:19> »
Wow...great to hear; thanks for the info!!

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-26-19/0825:52> »
If you check out the Fantasy Grounds Forums, Die Hard Gaming has just created a fan made extension for Shadowrun 5e using the MoreCore.pak ruleset.  Of course not being offical the actual SR 5e rulebook and supplements are not available and it seems you have to actually type the whole thing in yourself, but it is still a really huge step in the right direction.

Thanks for the head's up on that! It looks like they have people working on 3rd - 6th edition rules for that program.