NEWS

Run and Gun release date?

• 209 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <01-28-14/1700:09> »
With Armor having gone up, AP -half is too big a punch. Would be better to have dual AP for people and vehicles.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <01-28-14/1704:58> »
With Armor having gone up, AP -half is too big a punch. Would be better to have dual AP for people and vehicles.

The Gauss Rifle isn't a shaped charge explosive or anything that has any reason to penetrate differently depending on what it hits, it's just a large slug of metal accelerated to ludicrous speeds until it just goes through whatever it hits without stopping. The Thunderstruck and the Aztechnology Gauss Cannon vehicle weapon were the kings of AP in 4th edition, and the increase in overall Armor ratings is all the more reason they should maintain treating armor at half it's normal value, especially with the massive increase in price it's going to have. (Considering how much more expensive every other Assault Cannon got, the Thunderstruck is going to be pushing 100,000 nuyen.)
« Last Edit: <01-28-14/1706:49> by Ryo »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <02-14-14/1721:10> »
Cover by Victor Moreno has been posted on the SR blog.

Also a new weapon preview on Tumblr and light mil-spec armor.
« Last Edit: <02-14-14/1725:15> by AJCarrington »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #33 on: <02-14-14/1843:36> »
Love the cover and the new weapon, but I have to wonder if we're going to be seeing Dead Space in Shadowrun now with that armor.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #34 on: <02-14-14/1851:12> »
*puts CanRay in Light MilSpec and paints it white* The sheep hunt has begun, people! 1 million bounty on the sheep!

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <02-14-14/1945:58> »
*puts CanRay in Light MilSpec and paints it white* The sheep hunt has begun, people! 1 million bounty on the sheep!

I like the cut of your jib
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <02-14-14/2030:59> »
TBH, nit too sure what too think about the armor...mire "Sci-Fi" than I was expecting...maybe just the color scheme. Regardless, am thinking some of my Infinity minis will fit in extremely nicely... ;D

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <02-14-14/2038:44> »

*nukes CanRay afterward*

Hunt's over, I got him!
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <02-14-14/2039:49> »
TBH, nit too sure what too think about the armor...mire "Sci-Fi" than I was expecting...maybe just the color scheme. Regardless, am thinking some of my Infinity minis will fit in extremely nicely... ;D

My first thought was "Disney Infinity?"

I'm such a parent now...
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <02-14-14/2138:09> »
I like the cut of your jib
Look, I answered the damned question about the sheep already!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #40 on: <02-14-14/2142:25> »
Which is why we need a real sheep. :) You.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <02-21-14/1733:19> »
Preview #1 is up on DTRPG.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #42 on: <02-21-14/1841:41> »
Awesome, SR5 Armor Stacking rules! ;D These look niiiiiiice. So if you take a Berwick Suit and an Argentum Coat fit as a pair, you'd be at 9+4 Armor.

Edit: Holy Crap @ Second Skin. Stack usually goes with the same maker but there's no same maker here, so this one needs clarification as to what exactly it can all combine with... Unless the table isn't complete here.
« Last Edit: <02-21-14/1847:26> by Michael Chandra »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #43 on: <02-21-14/1857:32> »
Okay, so Form-Fitting got changed quite nicely, Big Game Hunter sounds awesome for in the Barrens (essentially 18 capacity + 2 more armor than an armor jacket, and easily available even in Missions), cute.

MIL-SPEC ARMOR IS HARDENED?! HOLY MOTHER OF KANE! O___________O Yup, definitely know what I'm spending my Availability Favor (if I earn one) on if Suprathyroid Gland ends up not stacking with other bioware. That's 5 armor more than with FBA, and Hardened at that...

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-21-14/1858:29> »
I think we can revisit your 'halving armor is too big a punch' argument now that Mil-Spec gives you freakin' Hardened Armor. They better not have nerfed the gauss rifles after that massive buff.