NEWS

Shadowrun EdgeZone is live on Kickstarter!!!

• 10 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <09-20-22/1933:33> »
The SR EdgeZone Upgradeable Card Game is now live on Kickstarter!  We blew past the initial funding goal of $10k in 42 minutes, and are currently sitting near $40k,closing in on our second stretch goal, which adds SR themed Xard Sleeves!

Check it out, omae!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cgl/shadowrun-edge-zone

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-29-22/1511:32> »
We've broken 1000 backers, and are less than $10k from a newno ella by John Helfers! 4 days to go!

Have you backed yet?

And if anyone has any questions,  post themup and I'll do my best to answer!

Gianan

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-30-22/1556:50> »
I would love to back it but I really need info about shipping, I'm not gonna pay insane prices for international...

Will he have to pay customs?
Do you have several shipping hubs in Europe?
For example, what shipping prices are you asking for other recent kickstarters?

(Bonus question, if everything is ready to send to print,  why one full year?  Seems like it can be completed next week)
« Last Edit: <09-30-22/1559:18> by Gianan »

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <10-01-22/0428:25> »
(Bonus question, if everything is ready to send to print,  why one full year?  Seems like it can be completed next week)

This is an easy one: Costs.

Ever tried to get a simple business card printed? Its like $25 for 100. Fancy business card? $150 for 100!

That's a business card, not a playing card..

It make things affordable, both for Catalyst AND the customers, they need a minimum demand for the product. If the demand just isn't there, then there is no point in moving forward.

However, if there is huge demand, then more resources are earned for future development...

" ready for the printers " just means all the back end stuff is done. (Rules written, artwork finalized, shit like that). Those things have costs too, artists got to be paid, writers too, then there is the overhead for office, equipment, so on: Which weighs in on the final price... its the printing, packaging, shipping that takes time - as in WEEKS to fullfill, and that was pre-pandemic.

Even if they submitted the order tomorrow, it would still take several weeks for the printers to print and package. Just look at the indy comic scene. Still waiting for some books I backed MONTHS ago that were "ready for print".

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Gianan

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-01-22/0615:40> »
I honestly don't understand what you mean...  I mean, I understand in general amortise fixed costs etc.,  but aren't these literally the reason why of the kickstarter?
Having a bunch of money in advance to pay people, and having a general idea of how may people will be interested when it's out and decide how many copies print?

However, if there is huge demand, then more resources are earned for future development...
That is worrying, what is that supposed to mean?  They are doing a KS precisely to have an idea what will the demand be, and the money we are giving NOW should be used to produce that product NOW first of all, not for future development.  That will come later

its the printing, packaging, shipping that takes time - as in WEEKS to fullfill, and that was pre-pandemic.
Even if they submitted the order tomorrow, it would still take several weeks for the printers to print and package.
When I wrote "completed next week" was an hyperbole, of course it takes several weeks.  One full year? No way

Just look at the indy comic scene. Still waiting for some books I backed MONTHS ago that were "ready for print".
We are not talking about the indie comic book scene.  Catalyst is a big boy publisher who constantly issues printed books and various merchandise,  they have their ways and know their stuff (I hope).
« Last Edit: <10-01-22/0619:04> by Gianan »

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-01-22/0846:22> »
It will likely not take a year.  However, we're posting a very conservative delivery date, because with the way shipping and everything has been the last few years, it's hard to work out exact dates. So we'd rrather be conservative and deliver early, rather than ship late and have folks complaining.

As for shipping prices, those too seem to be constantly in flux, especially for international rates. So they want to wait till the end to lock in the current rate.  Sorry :(

Gianan

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-01-22/1032:07> »
It will likely not take a year.  However, we're posting a very conservative delivery date, because with the way shipping and everything has been the last few years, it's hard to work out exact dates. So we'd rrather be conservative and deliver early, rather than ship late and have folks complaining.
Understood, even though with KS it's usually the opposite... if a project writes october 2023, everyone expects it for end 2024

As for shipping prices, those too seem to be constantly in flux, especially for international rates. So they want to wait till the end to lock in the current rate.  Sorry :(
Ok but you can't even say if there will be customs involed? Or provide a general broad spectrum of shipping prices?
That's a huge deal breaker for everyone outside USA,  I think

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-01-22/1745:51> »
Sorry.  Ultimately the shippong stuff is all above my paygrade, so I really can't speak to specifics as I simply don't know :(

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-01-22/1746:10> »
Woot! 98k and over 1000 backers with 3 days left on the clock. Hoping to cross the 125k mark by the end.

But 1000% of our funding goal is not too shabby.

This has been a passion project of mine, so glad to see it doing pretty decent!

Gianan

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-04-22/0603:59> »
Sorry.  Ultimately the shippong stuff is all above my paygrade, so I really can't speak to specifics as I simply don't know :(
No problem, thanks anyway for the support.

One last thing:  if I back now at the 2$ level,  can I add money for one of the big rewards later,  when shipping prices are comunicated?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-08-22/0246:05> »
I missed this, sorry.  :(

If ypu backed at $2, yes, you get access to the pledge manager once it goes live and can add on product.