NEWS

[SDS OOC] Stiff Armed

• 170 Replies

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #135 on: <01-05-16/2028:20> »
I am waiting for others to post. I don't want to out post what others can handle.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

lighthouseamour

• Newb
« Reply #136 on: <01-06-16/1021:04> »
What is the address of? Commercial? Industrial? Suburban? Is it a business? Can one of you techies run a matrix search on it? As it's our only lead I would assume we move on it.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #137 on: <01-07-16/1137:13> »
Plug the address into google maps, that's what the matrix search will bring up.

It's an old warehouse though.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #138 on: <01-08-16/1711:04> »
Who is driving?

Holding anything new from me pending your trip to the warehouse.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #139 on: <01-12-16/1945:45> »
Arrived at the warehouse.  What's going on now?

Meanwhile, I wrote something up to show why I'm not as on the ball with posting as would like.  I've been really busy at work so I thought 'd share what that meant, hopefully to get some leeway from you guys :P

It's in a spoiler tag, though, so if you don't care, you don't have to scroll paste wall of text.

[spoiler]I am the Senior Enlisted Intelligence Analyst for a Sustainment Command, of which the Headquarters Element (including myself) is deploying to Kuwait this Spring.  While I am Active Duty, the unit itself is a reserve unit, so in the past few months it has gone from being about 40% manned to 100%, but that 60% did not have the ‘requirements’ so we’ve been feverishly getting those together in time for our train ups which start in a week and a half.  The train ups will include a training exercise in California and then in Texas.

As the Sr Intel Analyst, I am also the Security Manager for the entire command, which is something like… I think 5000+ people.  So while getting this several hundred contingent ready to go to Kuwait, I still have to also manage the Security Management program for the command.  I will relinquish this duty in two weeks, but right now I’m still the one.

Then, part of the 60% included my ENTIRE intelligence team.  So it went from JUST ME to several junior intelligence analysts, techs, and two superior Officers, all of which I have to train, respond to, prepare for training directly… and they are all reservists who don’t understand several of the processes.

Finally, I am a Geo-Bachelor (since i moved to this location specifically for this deployment, I did not bring my wife) so now I am in the midst of moving everything out of my house.

I have not gotten out of the office prior to 7pm on most nights.  12 hour days are a norm and it’s pretty much working lunch every day.  On top of that, I have meetings about meetings, and each meeting generates more work.  The General wants to know what he wants to know and he wants to know it yesterday.  I won’t have a weekend off until… 2017.  I might get 5-7 days between California and Ft. Hood to go see my wife for a week before I don’t get to see her for 9-12 months.

None of this is for a ‘woe is me’, I am happy with my work and look forward to this deployment, relatively (I miss my wife and dog a whole lot)… just wanted to give you guys an idea of why I am having to de-prioritize posting here, some days.

I remain committed to running this play-by-post and trying to still get on every day or not miss more than a day, until month 2 is complete.  I will probably wait to run month 3 until I am settled in Kuwait and understand what my schedule there will be like.

Anyway, that’s all!  I hope you stay with me through this time, because I do enjoy running this PbP.[/spoiler]

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #140 on: <01-13-16/1050:38> »
If their are a no metahuman auras:

http://orokos.com/roll/360020

that is my initial assensing roll, if their are metahuman auraus I get 2 more dice.

"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #141 on: <01-14-16/1348:57> »
What time did we start this mission? Was it before or after sunset? Basically do I still have a spirit?

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #142 on: <01-16-16/1933:39> »
Sorry guys, flu got a hold of me. I'm working on getting caught up.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <01-17-16/1406:37> »
We'll say you still have the spirit, that you summoned just after sundown.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <01-19-16/1237:13> »
So there are no spirits outside the wharehouse? I look for a barrier. If not I go inside the wharehouse? What's in there?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <01-19-16/1749:00> »
You see none, so you head into the warehouse.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #146 on: <01-21-16/1419:04> »
Here's my roll for inside the wharehouse:

http://orokos.com/roll/363704

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <01-21-16/2213:37> »
One awakened, can't get a read on power level, two noticeably cybered, 3 more, one in a chair, no spirits

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #148 on: <01-26-16/1117:35> »
The team would be waiting for Mother's report, likely... or at least let's see what Mother does next.

If by the next time I can get on and post there isn't anything new, I'll push forward.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <01-31-16/0206:18> »
So, wow.  I expected to be busy this week, but not this excruciatingly badly.

It's 10:50 pm California time.  So I've been working every day since last Tuesday.  I guess last Saturday was sort of a day off?  Not really, the bulk was our unit flight to California, but we were up and in uniform at early o'clock and upon arrival sat in briefings to acquaint us with the post.

So we're doing this 'Staff Level' exercise, and it turns out no one knows what the f they are doing, so I've been in the 'office' at 7am after breakfast at the dining facility and then leaving 'office' at 10pm or later.  That's pretty much been every day this week.  Tuesday we got out at 8pm :D

I'm officially out of laundry and will try to do some tomorrow.  If I can find a free machine.  Good times.

And there is no sign that it's not going to be like this for the next four nights.  Wednesday ends the training exercise and then Thursday will be a regular length day and then Friday the flight back home.  Then we'll work over the weekend again.

Last night I tried to get on but I guess the forums were down so now I'm trying to get caught up tonight and give you guys a little something.  I am also frustrated that I don't even have enough time to take half an hour to post on some forums.

The irony is that once we're actually overseas, everything will calm down once we find our battle rhythm.  We'll still have 14 hour days, but we;ll be able to find 3-4 hours within those 14 hours to take for ourselves, and maybe even swing the shifts a bit because that 14 hour requirement is office manning, not necessarily everyone has to be there the whole time.

Alright, anyway, in game:

Zeroman, let's get a stealth check and a description of how you're snooping.