NEWS

Chummer for 6th edition

• 11 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« on: <11-28-19/0034:11> »
Hello, everyone, I wanted to find out if we will be getting chummer for 6th edition of shadow
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« Reply #1 on: <11-28-19/0216:45> »
Unlikely. Per the chummer5 dev on Reddit:

Eh. Mostly I'm just really slack about pushing new milestone builds. SR6 doesn't interest me as is and there's still stuff to do with SR5. If I ever 'finish' Chummer 5 I'll start working on SR4, unless SR6 does a 360 and moonwalks into being something I consider playable.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/dxik5f/chummer_52090/f7x2ux3/

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <11-28-19/0224:55> »
Hello, everyone, I wanted to find out if we will be getting chummer for 6th edition of shadow
"Chummer 5 is Alive" has been posting very angry posts about SR6, to the point where I doubt they'll ever play SR6 since their dislike appears to be not just about the flaws, but explicitly about the core mechanics. I think the Genesis thing is your best bet if you're looking for a free solution, vs Herolab Online if you want a paid solution.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-28-19/0751:17> »
Regardless of his recent comments, I’m pretty sure he confirmed that he would not be developing a hummer for 6e months ago.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <11-28-19/0953:55> »
Regardless of his recent comments, I’m pretty sure he confirmed that he would not be developing a hummer for 6e months ago.
*cough* NOT WHILE I'M DRINKING SOYKAF!

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <11-28-19/1000:53> »
We should create a Tesla Cybertruck in SR6. Armor 16 vs melee attacks but Armor 2 vs ranged attacks.

DrBurst

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-28-19/1342:57> »
There was some interest in the Chummer team to make a version for 6th edition, but CGL was pretty inflexible with them. I think if CGL reached out to them, they might be convinced.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-28-19/1409:08> »
There was some interest in the Chummer team to make a version for 6th edition, but CGL was pretty inflexible with them. I think if CGL reached out to them, they might be convinced.

Interesting...hadn’t heard that.

DrBurst

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-28-19/1620:22> »
Sent a PM with some proof. A really think the release of 6E would have gone a lot better if they were flexible with the chummer team. It would have let the edition gain more traction with the fans.
« Last Edit: <11-28-19/1621:59> by DrBurst »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-28-19/1628:19> »
Thanks for that; note that (like here), the guys who monitor the CGL FB page are volunteers. There is a pretty solid tool called Genesys that you might want to check out as well. I think it released back in Oct (around launch of the German version of 6e).

While it would have been nice to have these available right at the launch in August, in my opinion, I don't think that they would had any impact on the adoption of the new rules.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <11-28-19/1633:33> »
Also, given how Herolab is still a paid character generator, to fully support a free alternative would likely break a few contracts and license agreements.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <12-02-19/2132:07> »
Nah, no involvement with CGL would've been necessary for that. Honestly, given the rather visceral reaction I've had to the book's contents so far it was likely for the best that they didn't. Snarky comments on Facebook aside, it's mostly a question of interest on my part unless someone else decides they're interested in doing the dev work. Doing an SR6 version would require I pull time from working on the edition I enjoy more, and  requires more leaps in rules interpretation than I'd be happy with making (Essence loss, adept power points from heritage vs karma, etc.), so I won't do it.

Genesis seems fine from what I've used of it so far; it doesn't do a lot of the things Chummer does yet, but that's the advantage of a more mature codebase.