NEWS

Community Created Content?

• 14 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« on: <08-01-19/0055:18> »
So given that this trend is becoming more popular across the industry, is there any consideration of allowing Community Created Content for SR?

Certainly there is a lot of good and bad happening as a result of this. Luckily good content does seem to float to the top.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-01-19/1154:49> »
Was someone watching the In-Flight Report? It would be a nice idea to try. I think the SR community would do well with it.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #2 on: <08-01-19/1753:01> »
Community created content can be a good thing, as there's a lot more good ideas then the dev's can come up with (and I wouldn't mind a place to post the sheet portfolio once I get the 6th world version done). Just have to be careful about what stuff get's even semi-officially endorsed.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-02-19/0035:18> »
If there is anything that the rise of CCC has taught let the GMs choose what they like and reject what they don't. It's really the great thing about CCC stuff.
Thinking
com
speaking

dezmont

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <08-02-19/0241:45> »
I have often commented that the lack of a good space for CCC really hurts SR, as the modularity and customizability of RPGs is part of the appeal. Not having a good homebrew/theorycraft space for an RPG is sorta like a simulation game not having mods. There is a virtuous cycle where homebrew doesn't choke out new splats but instead feed off them and add value to the splats as people make new content integrating on the mechanics. Also is great focus testing for what the people playing the game are interested in.

I have posted about this on the subreddit before, and have considered making a CCC focused subreddit with a few people, but the problem with homebrew spaces is they sorta need an existent homebrew community to work or else they just sorta putter out.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #5 on: <08-03-19/1356:19> »
There's a lot going on this year, but the idea of enabling supported CCC is something I hope to pitch.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #6 on: <08-03-19/1559:26> »
I have often commented that the lack of a good space for CCC really hurts SR, as the modularity and customizability of RPGs is part of the appeal. Not having a good homebrew/theorycraft space for an RPG is sorta like a simulation game not having mods. There is a virtuous cycle where homebrew doesn't choke out new splats but instead feed off them and add value to the splats as people make new content integrating on the mechanics. Also is great focus testing for what the people playing the game are interested in.

I have posted about this on the subreddit before, and have considered making a CCC focused subreddit with a few people, but the problem with homebrew spaces is they sorta need an existent homebrew community to work or else they just sorta putter out.

I would be 100% behind this. For the time being, you could probably just kick up a post in the Gear section. I'm sure lots of people have ideas for cool stuff. I mean, coming to the end of 5th, there are no walker vehicles that I know of, and that's just tragic.

0B

« Reply #7 on: <08-03-19/1604:54> »
I made a wiki for shadowrun homebrew a few months back- if you guys have any advice for it, or you have any content to add, let me know! (Link)

Since SR isn't OGL, I have to be a bit careful about what goes on there. Some things are definitely OK (New forms of ice, since it's really more Gibson's IP anyways), others are obviously not OK (Lifting mechanics/stats from published content).

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <08-03-19/2156:46> »
Ooh, thanks for that. I gotta take a look and see if I can add anything.
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <08-04-19/2245:57> »
I'd love to see CCC! Sure, gear and stuff would be nice, I'd also love to see maps, contacts, even NPCs to throw into the game!

dezmont

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <08-05-19/0001:38> »
Well I wrote a draft for a fan supplement, but it doesn't exactly fit in gear OR rules and such because it includes both new ammo types, new qualities, and new actions intended to fine tune 5e's already pretty amazing weapon balance. Also got the 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 stuff which is another grab bag. It might be nice to have a space for that, and if there is demand I may as well throw that subreddit up if there isn't a space on the forums for it!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-05-19/1207:57> »
I put up a suggested wand based martial art i'd be happy to add to that site. I've seen several pieces of cool gear suggested by various peeps I think Adzling's Holster bracers are a good example.
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #12 on: <08-05-19/1248:30> »
I have a nice grab bag of weapon and other gear I created for 5e for our table.
Available in both herolab and chummer plug-ins (check my sig).

I'd be very happy to contribute to a fan made gear supplement.

knppel

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-06-19/0554:48> »
I mean, if you want an inside report from Aztlan 2080, feel free to inbox me, the shadowsources on the topic seem quite outdated, our crazy gangster team has surprisingly survived the past two years playing, and we came up with a lot of stuff over the time thus ::)

Mostly falls in the "maps, contacts, npc" category, we're strictly in line with the setting of a big magical conspiracy going on in the temples but our characters not caring, nor being aware, or if (in the case of the Priestess) acting rather pragmatic on the topic 8)

And yes we have the cool amateur trid recordings of ritual sacrifices

dezmont

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <08-06-19/2016:21> »
Well the reddit is trying a new thing if anyone has any weapon related homebrew they wanna bust out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/cmyeun/homebrew_tuesday_weapons_world/