Dawn of the Artifacts! first up Lagos
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #31 on: <09-13-10/1017:35> »
I've been wanting to dump my players in a feral city.  Now I just need some contrived assed reason to do it.

The lame way is to have Mr. Johnson send them to recover a protoype item from an aircraft that was brought down by a SAM over, say, Bogota. First priority is to find the crash site, and after finding it (and clearing it of hostiles), try to determine where the item was taken... and you're off to the races in a rough part of the world, with a reason to be here. Sort of a lame premise, but it gives you that excuse to be here, and can be modified a number of ways to make it more interesting.
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #32 on: <09-21-10/1351:25> »
The lame way is to have Mr. Johnson send them to recover a protoype item from an aircraft that was brought down by a SAM over, say, Bogota. First priority is to find the crash site, and after finding it (and clearing it of hostiles), try to determine where the item was taken... and you're off to the races in a rough part of the world, with a reason to be here. Sort of a lame premise, but it gives you that excuse to be here, and can be modified a number of ways to make it more interesting.
[/quote]
True.  I was trying to come up with a decent reason, but screw it.  I'll just use yours.  My group usually doesn't complain when they spot a lame excuse, stolen idea, or contrived plot device (which is whenever I use one.  I steal plots from games, books, and movies all the time.)  They tend to be less concerned with the actual plot and more concerned with how many holes they can shoot or explode in things.

JongWK

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <12-15-10/2221:37> »
Crime in Latin America available for download now. As with the previously released SoLA files, feel free to use for non-commercial purposes.

MJBurrage, you might want to update your DS post:)

Merry Xmas everyone.

MJBurrage

• Newb
  • Running shadows since 2050
« Reply #34 on: <12-16-10/1904:11> »
Many thanks, links updated:

Many, many, many thanks to all of the authors. :)
« Last Edit: <12-20-10/1103:56> by MJBurrage »

fexes

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <12-29-11/1614:52> »
Shadows of Latin America - v1.1 (PDF - 82.9 MB)
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/Shadows_of_Latin_America_v1-2.pdf (highres PDF - 91.5 MB)
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/Shadows_of_Latin_America_v1-2-1.pdf (lowres PDF - 22 MB)

Edit: Map of Ecuador included; Credits included.
« Last Edit: <12-30-11/1231:33> by fexes »

Claíomh

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <12-30-11/2157:49> »
Great collection of the SoLA files, thanks a lot, Fexes.

And of course, thanks to all who contributed in the first place.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-30-11/2317:18> »
The only thing that I know of that appeared in my material and in the discarded SoLA drafts are the Tigersharks from the Caribbean League material Jay Levine wrote. I recall reading that section only because it was Jay's and it was the Carib. However, since the Tigersharks were originally fan material written in 1994 or '95 by a friend of mine on Shadowland (Jay's inclusion was an homage to that and slightly altered), the fact that it was in SoLA counts for nothing as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: <12-30-11/2319:27> by James Meiers »

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #38 on: <12-31-11/0406:51> »
My post was more directed to future readers of the thread who might not be aware of the Dumpshock thread.

Since the SoLA material has not been published by a license holder it is unofficial.

IMHO, the fact that the material was once commissioned by a license holder makes it apocryphal, rather than just fan material.  I.E. unless directly contradicted it's official enough for me.

And thank you. I was unaware I was missing them. Soon, my collection will be complete!