NEWS

Fan Theory - What happened to Frosty's Mom?

• 7 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« on: <01-21-17/1452:00> »
I had a thought that Frosty's mom may have been killed during the Night of Rage, or the anti-metahuman violence that led up to that event. Frosty would have been pretty young during that time, and it would help explain some of Ehran's behavior.

What do you think? Plausible? Load of bulldrek?
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #1 on: <01-22-17/1245:29> »
Well, the Night of Rage was in 2039. We know that Frosty was in her 20's in Harlequin which took place in the early 50's. So it's plausible. The only questionable part is if Frosty's mom is immortal or not. The idea of any powerful immortal initiate being able to be actually threatened by even a largish group of Humanis seems unlikely.

The entire circumstances seem really weird when you think about the death of Frosty's mom.

We know that Frosty had a magical McGuffin in her so Ehran could keep tabs on her. But it can be assumed she was born in the CAS, while Ehran was in Tir Tairngire helping found it. So when did Ehran have time to enchant Frosty's bones? Also, why didn't Frosty's mom stay with Ehran?

Lets pretend that Frosty's mom is an immortal, what can kill an IE? Dragons, other IEs, and Horrors.

Horrors is probably less likely, though possible, since the Horrors metaplot didn't become a real threat until the 50's.

Dragons, is possible since Sirrurg started to hunt IEs in the 40's and did that for basically 30 years. But Sirrurg is usually pretty obvious about it, though Dragons of the Sixth World did say he was more thorough about not leaving any survivors to hide his involvement in his attacks after EuroAir Flight 329. But the problem is that the timeframe is off since Frosty would have only been an orphan for 10ish years. Though, EuroAir Flight was a flight from London to Atlanta (aka CAS) so maybe the mage that held off Sirrurg was Frosty's Mom? I guess losing your mom at 10 or so would still count you as an orphan, so it's possible.

Other Immortal Elves. Ehran probably has a lot of Immortal enemies. Could have easily been Harlequin, or the handful of other IEs that are known, or even one that isn't known. I guess powerful free spirits can also be a threat too. Harlequin did make a pretty maleficent spirit thing that was an embodiment of his negative emotions or something, I actually can't even remember if that's a thing or not. Was that a plot point of the Sega Shadowrun game?

You know, there are a lot of plot points here that could spin into a very elaborate campaign.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-22-17/1515:08> »
You know, there are a lot of plot points here that could spin into a very elaborate campaign.

That sounds like fun! Frosty finally decides to buckle down and figure out what happened to her parents.

Cue shenanigans.

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #3 on: <01-26-17/0949:46> »
Other Immortal Elves. Ehran probably has a lot of Immortal enemies. Could have easily been Harlequin, or the handful of other IEs that are known, or even one that isn't known. I guess powerful free spirits can also be a threat too. Harlequin did make a pretty maleficent spirit thing that was an embodiment of his negative emotions or something, I actually can't even remember if that's a thing or not. Was that a plot point of the Sega Shadowrun game?

I guess you're referring to Gwynplaine, a.k.a. the Jester Spirit, which was created by Harlequin as his "dark doppelganger", and got loose at the end of Artifacts Unbound. Might be related to the Jester Spirit appearing in the SNES game (maybe he had escaped Harlequin's control before -- or had been sent by Harlequin to help Jake Armitage and was only pretending to have been subdued?)
The Mega Drive/Genesis version of Shadowrun had Harlequin hiring the player character to go after an evil spirit named Thon, a nasty, canine-looking beast sealed in an ancient tomb in Sinsearach lands. It was never explained what Thon was exactly (shadow spirit maybe?), but he was evil.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-26-17/1600:12> »
It was never explained what Thon was exactly (shadow spirit maybe?), but he was evil.

*cough* Horror. *cough*

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-18-17/1951:27> »
It was never explained what Thon was exactly (shadow spirit maybe?), but he was evil.

*cough* Horror. *cough*
No fraggin' way. He was taken down by a trio of shadowrunners and an adult dragon. A Horror would have looked at a group like that and thought "Mmmm, appetizers!"

As for Frosty's mother... Harlequin says that she has no idea who her mother was. My best guess? She was probably just an average Jane Doe. Ehran kept an eye out for immortality gene in his descendant, which implies that he had a habit of... sowing wild oats, so to speak. That goes back all the way to 1834. Perhaps he was attempting to create more IEs? After all, with all the time they have to train up, they would be excellent soldiers for when Horrors DO cross over. If that was the case, Frosty was the only success.
The spell lock was grafted into her right thigh when Ehran arranged for her to get "ill" as a small child, for that specific purpose.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #6 on: <05-18-17/2228:22> »
Is there any proof that her Mom is dead?  Could she be alive, thinking that her child died?

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-19-17/0836:25> »
I suppose... Of course, deliberately abandoning her is an option as well. Either way, Frosty is definitely a SINer, having worked for a small corp as a secretary before being introduced to the shadows and magic.