NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <08-05-13/1050:33> »
"You know how these things go," Sammy said, "Today a star, tomorrow forgotten.  I've had the mischance of having a small accident during filming.  As the filming has to go on, they simply give your role to someone else.  Also my sister went missing in Seattle and that was why I was there.  To search for her.  That's when I decided to stay out of the filming business for a while.  Maybe I go back one day, maybe not.  There I have the advantage of having magical talent, which is rare enough that they won't say no should I decide to go back.  But for now I'd rather stay away from all the fake stuff that is Hollywood, the constant pressure with their PITO system and all that.  And if I decide one day to go back, the experience I've gotten here running the shadows will make me a better actress, at least in movies or series about shadowrunning."

The last was delivered with a small smile.  Most people had seen movies about shadowrunning and knew that reality wasn't as in the trids.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1171 on: <08-05-13/1117:18> »
Sam let the conversation flow around him; gazing out at the darkness, he decided that it was time to make contact. Taking one of the comms, he punched up Jo's address. If anyone knows anything about the job that started this drek, he will, he thought to himself.

[spoiler]Reaching out to Jo Huxley. Since it's late, he's probably hanging out at a club or some such.[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1172 on: <08-05-13/1147:29> »
"SAM!  Where you been dude?  You missed a kickass scene at Dante's the other night!  Too bad too, a troll was getting his hoop kicked by a couple of elves two levels below us and we had a great view from our table."  Your guess was correct, the live feed showing a club around Jo and alt-metajazz piping through before he activated the sound filter.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1173 on: <08-05-13/1221:43> »
Sam grinned. "You always did know how to have a good time, Jo. I've been...out of the loop for a bit." His face turned serious. "Took a big job which went south--way south. Someone hit the entire team with laes. Dreck fragged us up so bad none of us could even remember who we were working for in the first place. We're still getting our shit back together."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1174 on: <08-05-13/1303:09> »
"Whoa, that sounds rough, what can I do to help?"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1175 on: <08-05-13/1342:04> »
"Well, it's generally a bad idea to not complete a job you've been hired for, so I need to figure out who my boss is. Did I do or say anything last time you saw me that would indicate who I was working for? If not, see if you can dig up some information on who hired us--it's a large team, so that means money and power, right up your alley. I'm afraid I don't have much for you to go on, other than the size of the team and the laes, which I'm assuming was administered by the target." As if an afterthought, he adds, "Oh, yeah, one other thing. One of the others on the team is Samantha Delavine. Yes, the Samantha Delavine. That might give you something."

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1176 on: <08-05-13/1413:51> »
Johnny sat at the edge looking out over the scenery thinking about what was going to come next in this landslide of bad luck. As he shifted in his seat the pistol jabbed into his back reminding him he still needed to decide whether to hold onto it or to hand it over to O'Conner or Clem. -O'Conner is a psycho who just broke the one piece of heavy artillery aboard so he's out. I could hold onto it but I'm not that great of a shot and with the chopper's gun broken I need someone I trust to cover my back if we have to land hot. I guess I give it to Clem. I just have to hope she doesn't hand it over to that hwoon dahn-
Johnny smiled broadly at Clem "Hey Clem? While we were separated I just decided that I couldn't let a beautiful lady like yourself go around without something pretty on her finger." Johnny reaches behind him to pull out the Ruger Super Warhawk that Matty had given him. It dangled off his finger from the trigger guard. "Would you do me the honor of going with me to the dance?" Johnny grinned flirtatiously at her from across the helicopter.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1177 on: <08-05-13/1440:56> »
"I will do what I can, but we haven't talked since Friday.  Why don't you try that little guttertrash raindancer you hooked up with on that last job?" Jo must be well into his cups to let that comment slip to Sam.  The Huxleys went from billionaires to millionaires in the aftermath of the Great Ghost Dance.  They made most of it back, but some wounds don't heal.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1178 on: <08-05-13/1639:02> »
"You're just jealous because word's gotten around that you can't remember the names of your 'conquests' after half an hour." Sam grinned. "Anyhow, if you find something, comm me back at this 'link. The guys who took my memory also took my normal one; I'll comm you when I've got it back."

After ending the call, Sam considered for a bit, then decided to go for it and punched in Sarah's info. She may not know anything, but I could use a friendly smile...and man, did she look good last time.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1179 on: <08-05-13/1907:30> »
"You know how these things go," Sammy said, "Today a star, tomorrow forgotten.  I've had the mischance of having a small accident during filming.  As the filming has to go on, they simply give your role to someone else.  Also my sister went missing in Seattle and that was why I was there.  To search for her.  That's when I decided to stay out of the filming business for a while.  Maybe I go back one day, maybe not.  There I have the advantage of having magical talent, which is rare enough that they won't say no should I decide to go back.  But for now I'd rather stay away from all the fake stuff that is Hollywood, the constant pressure with their PITO system and all that.  And if I decide one day to go back, the experience I've gotten here running the shadows will make me a better actress, at least in movies or series about shadowrunning."

The last was delivered with a small smile.  Most people had seen movies about shadowrunning and knew that reality wasn't as in the trids.

Fionn was taken aback for a second.  "Well, that's a familiar story...  You get any leads on your sister yet?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <08-05-13/1922:19> »
Clem gave Johnny a typical emotionless look listening to him. She then reached over to grab the gun and said "Thanks, I'll take the piece before Con breaks another one." She then paused for a few seconds and asked Johnny "So, what brought you to the dance, JC?" while checking the gun to make sure everything was in working order.
« Last Edit: <08-05-13/1929:23> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1181 on: <08-06-13/0133:02> »
"That they did," Sammy said, as she looked back outside, "in the morgue one day."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <08-06-13/0228:20> »
Fionn is speechless for a moment.  While most people in his circumstance would be looking for the right thing to say, or feeling like they'd just stuck their foot in their mouth, his expression didn't suggest anything of the kind.  He looked crestfallen, as if he'd somehow been hoping for a different answer.  He moved a little bit closer so he didn't have to speak at quite the same volume.  "Look, I'm...  I'm terribly sorry.  For your loss, and for dredging it up like this.  Hearing that your sister had gone missing, that you'd come to Seattle looking for her...  Well, the coincidence of it actually set me to hoping about something, stupid as it was, and I let that get the better of me.  I'm just...  I shouldn't have said anything."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1183 on: <08-06-13/0244:42> »
Johnny leaned back and glanced out into the darkness his jaw clenched. "I died Clem. Killed in a fiery flash with the only person I ever loved." The sunglasses in Johnny's hand shattered. He looked down and shook his head before tossing the crumpled remains out into the night sky. "No big deal though. Its not like I had anything left worth living for." He turned and stared out into the darkness of the waning moon showing he wasn't in a talking mood any longer.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <08-06-13/0625:37> »
The response you get back from her is confusing, but suddenly gives you hope:

"Hey Sam!  Thought you were gonna get back to me after, that was a strange scene wouldn't you say?"

You don't remember any thing strange about the last time you saw Sarah, which was over a week before your 'blackout', and you made no plans to call her then.