NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #525 on: <02-27-13/1459:29> »
Sam chuckled. "Sheriff, trids haven't worried about getting all the details right since the old flat-screen days. The distance between any two points in a trid is exactly how long the director wants it to be. If the training grounds have the sort of scenery that our stunt guys need, we can film there and make it look like they're where the script needs them; most of our audience won't care, and the ones who do will talk about the discrepancy on the 'net--which is just more publicity for us. See? Win-win, all over the place. Heck, you'll probably see an uptick in tourism from people wanting to see for themselves. Mind taking us out there for a look?"

"Well, it just so happens that one of the collectors I was thinking of has a spread out that way, and he is actually one of the more friendly ones, by that I mean he is one who won't greet us with a shotgun even if we are expected.  I can give him call, maybe kill two birds with one stone."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #526 on: <02-27-13/1505:17> »
The girl, Melissa Blue Sky, thanks Sammy and leaves with a human woman, they get in a car and slowly pull around the corner.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #527 on: <02-27-13/1719:17> »
"Well, it just so happens that one of the collectors I was thinking of has a spread out that way, and he is actually one of the more friendly ones, by that I mean he is one who won't greet us with a shotgun even if we are expected.  I can give him call, maybe kill two birds with one stone."

"That sounds great. How far are we talking, anyhow?" Sam eased back in his seat, staring out the window as they drove.

After a bit, he said, hesitantly, half to himself, "There are some details, of course, that we can't afford to get wrong. Distances, the audience is willing to accept some changes for dramatic affect. But...it's the plausibility details that bite us. If we put something in the plot that just can't happen, or isn't believable enough, we get ripped apart in the reviews. You remember how the press slammed Howling Troll just because they accidentally had three shots from a double-barrel shotgun? Glad I wasn't working on that one, you know?...Those are the sort of things I really worry about, truth be told. One seemingly minor mistake can kill an entire trid. Food, gear...ultimately, those are just a matter of nuyen and time; we've got plenty of the first, and sometimes I think we can afford more time than we actually take. But...having a trid tank because someone overlooked something...well, that's reputation, and that's everything in our industry." He sighed, clearly worried about something, but also obviously reluctant to speak further.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #528 on: <02-27-13/1742:38> »
"Maybe twenty miles out of town." Running Bear looked at Sam as he made his way back to his office to place the call, "I don't know what you are concerned about, but if you are thinking someone around here will make a stink or a problem, don't.  If you have your paperwork straight, we will have no problem, none that graft or under the table stuff like the big city.  That don't fly in Yakima."
« Last Edit: <02-27-13/2304:14> by Crossbow »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #529 on: <02-28-13/0257:59> »
The girl, Melissa Blue Sky, thanks Sammy and leaves with a human woman, they get in a car and slowly pull around the corner.

Sammy started to wrap up, claiming she had some more work to do as she had to check out a couple of things, but staying deliberately vague.  She thanked the diner chef for the meal and told them they might be back, before going out and also going around the corner.
There she got into the car that was waiting.
"Okay, lead the way," she said.

[spoiler]
I assume they just waited around the corner, otherwise I'll walk a bit further.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #530 on: <02-28-13/0443:05> »
Noting that the Pow-wow was just down the block, O'Connor interjected, "Well, we're almost to this bar, so we need to agree to a plan, like right now. I say let Red take charge of this, time to see if he's actually useful to our little group. And if shit hits the fan, at least he'll prob'ly be the first one shot. Oh, and fuck you, Red. Its' not like I'm some toothless tweaker, I just need a lil' somethin' to take the edge off, and to help me not strangle you to death."
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/0448:13> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #531 on: <02-28-13/0456:38> »
"Never said you were that far gone, man.  'Addict' is a pretty wide term, or so I remember from helping Cath study for that one midterm."  But the guy did pick you out from across the diner...  Fionn had to bite back the thought, allowing that it would be better left unsaid.  He more or less ignored Clem's threat; he didn't want to go challenging her just yet - especially not to that kind of fight.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #532 on: <02-28-13/0527:23> »
Not quite easing off in case anyone did get the idea of throwing a punch somewhere, Ikari threw another two nuyen on the subject.

"Keep in mind; we have a cover here. It provided lunch, contacts and info. As much as I'd rather not use it, breaking that cover by beating each other into seven shades of bruised - or worse - isn't going to help."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #533 on: <02-28-13/0528:51> »
"Alright" says Clementine. "You want to prove that you can play in the big leagues, Red? You handle the meeting. But if it derails, the consequences will be on you. You know Con here has an itchy trigger-finger, so don't give him a reason to use Blackeagle's rifle."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #534 on: <02-28-13/0551:56> »
"Alright then, Red, like I said earlier, you're gonna have to buy some of his product to get him to help us out with the guns and what not. Since you'll have to buy something, buy Zen. If you buy something else, I will bash your skull in with the butt of the rifle. Speaking of the rifle, should we leave someone out here with it? Even bars with loose gun policies don't tend to let shit bigger than a pistol in."
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/0637:49> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #535 on: <02-28-13/0555:40> »
"Well, you're gonna need to come in because it's your contact - odds are they won't talk to me if you don't come in.  Which means neither of us gets the rifle."  He takes a moment to look between Icarus and Clem.  "You said you can get by well enough in a fight barehanded, right Clem?  What about you, Icarus?  What's your skillset?"
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/0559:35> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #536 on: <02-28-13/0647:56> »
"I can handle a rifle. There's more I could do with his biometrics, than his head down sights, though. If I'm not going in there, keep that in mind for later."
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/0754:34> by Novocrane »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #537 on: <02-28-13/0730:14> »
"We can keep the rifle in the car for easy access. A bar's bound to have bottles or knives that can be used as weapons in a pinch. Besides, with the size of this town, we probably represent 25% of his clientele, so it's not in his interest to do anything stupid."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #538 on: <02-28-13/1244:05> »
"Maybe twenty miles out of town." Running Bear looked at Sam as he made his way back to his office to place the call, "I don't know what you are concerned about, but if you are thinking someone around here will make a stink or a problem, don't.  If you have your paperwork straight, we will have no problem, none that graft or under the table stuff like the big city.  That don't fly in Yakima."

Sam chuckled. "No, it's not that. We've got a lot of experience dealing with those sorts of people--like you said, it happens a lot in the city. It'll be nice working somewhere where that doesn't happen, of course, but if something like that did come up, well, we've got the resources to deal with it." He shook his head and continued, "Don't mind me, sheriff. I was just rambling a bit; I really shouldn't be talking about this at all; rules, you know? Forget I said anything." Clearly still bothered by whatever he was thinking about, Sam returned his gaze to the window.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #539 on: <02-28-13/1343:37> »
Johnny spoke up from the backseat again "So sheriff what kind of guns does this collector like? If he's a hunting rifle man it might not be as useful as someone who likes pistols or machine guns. The crowds love machine guns."
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>