NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <02-01-13/1625:28> »
“Take as much as you need, cut it up in circles for footwear, or triangles and bands for covering private bits, use up the scraps for laces, or you could try to do something with the spines.  If you rinse off the oil and let em dry they might could fray up enough to make some, I dunno though, never worked with barghest before…” he tasted a chunk of meat from the pot,”…makes a good stew though.”

When Heron did his thing with his spirit, Blackeagle nodded, “I was wondering if you were gonna get around to inviting your friends.  I will let mine know to look for him and make his search a bit easier.  Better get some more dishes out too.”

Leaving the pot to rummage in in his pack he spoke to O’Connor, “It’s a Rugar 100, early production model.  Picked up at a pawnshop in in Cheyenne last time I was out that way.” Finding more dishes he pulled out an additional camp service for four.  “You must be the team’s gunsmith, feel free to take a closer look.  I usually don’t have to use it much, but I try to keep it up as best I can.”

Going back to the pot and taking it off the fire, “Are we gonna wait for your friends or eat it hot?”

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #166 on: <02-01-13/1754:43> »
FOR THE OTHER GROUP ONLY

A few meters in front of you a spirit manifests,  it looks like a coyote. 

"Your companions have stopped for a meal with the one who summoned me.  The spirit who concealed them seeks you now.  Would you like to join them?"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <02-01-13/1930:09> »
It takes Fionn a moment to notice the spirit.  When did that get there?  Interesting that it seems to have no trouble seeing us.  He turned to whisper to his companions.

"Well.  Either we get a free meal and possibly some answers, or our co-kidnappees are in need of our help.  Still, trust but verify - Ms. Delavine, if you could examine this spirit with your astral senses, that would go a long way here."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #168 on: <02-01-13/1932:46> »
Oh, shit. This can't be good, Sam thought to himself when the coyote materialized. Edging closer to the mage, he murmured quietly, "Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but...wouldn't it take a damn powerful spirit to punch through your friend's"--he nodded back towards the spirit trailing the group--"magic? And that means we're in a world of trouble, doesn't it..."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <02-01-13/1936:53> »
"That doesn't have to be how these things work - sometimes, power used to opposing ends cancels.  If it has a power that helps it search, it may simply need to be equally as powerful as the spirit to counteract its concealment."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #170 on: <02-01-13/2022:41> »
O'Connor picked the rifle up at the invitation to do so, "Just an enthusiast, got a buddy though that's a damn fine gunsmith." He ejected the loaded rounds before he looked the rifle over. He checked it over for rust and grim build up. After the visual inspection, he shouldered the rifle, aimed out away from the group, switched off the safety and tested the firing mechanism. Without actually firing the weapon, he couldn't tell if the scope was aligned properly. He switched the safety back on, and reloaded the rifle before putting it back down. He stared at the fire for lack of a better focus, What's your game old man? You give her your blade and give me access to your rifle. You that trusting, or are you so confident that your magic will protect you if needed?
« Last Edit: <02-06-13/0300:46> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <02-01-13/2055:36> »
"Somehow, I find that less than encouraging. Still--since this one's found us, is there much point in staying hidden? Either it's telling the truth, in which case Heron's double is looking for us and will verify what it's saying, or it's not, in which case we may need our friends' help in dealing with whatever is coming. Right?" Sam swung the sack off his shoulder and rested it lightly on the ground, but kept a tight grip on the neck in case he needed to swing it at something quickly.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <02-01-13/2126:27> »
Clem looks at the pelt, trying to envision a makeshift bikini outline in there. She then takes the knife out of its sheath and starts hacking away at the skin. She follows Blackeagle's advice and decides to cut triangles, circles and bands. After some time, she tries on her creation, making sure everything covers what it should. "Better than running around naked I guess" she thinks to herself, glad something is covering what needs to be, and also glad to be wearing something on her feet.

Once she's done she sheathes the knife and leaves it next to the pelt. "Anyone else wants to have a go at it?" she asks to the others before sitting down to a hot bowl of stew. After a few bites, she turns to Blackeagle and says "that reminds me: besides us and the other group, have you seen anyone else around here lately? People that don't belong here or maybe locals acting strange in the last couple days?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <02-01-13/2128:23> »
"That's the essence of my point."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #174 on: <02-02-13/0041:19> »
Johnny stood and was able to see the spirit and he grimaced. -Oh no please tell me that isn't a beast spirit.-
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <02-02-13/0127:55> »
"Way ahead of you," Sammy said as she had a look in the astral.  There she also had her own spirit drop the concealment, but keep the guard up.  If Heron's spirit was looking for them, it would find them easier this way.  And it would give her an independant verification.
"Should we wish to join them, you will guide us to them," she asked.

[spoiler]
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5) =1)
I just see it's awakened, probably the fatigue and all that  :(
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #176 on: <02-02-13/0131:43> »
Johnny whispers to Sammy "Is it a beast spirit? Because me and them don't exactly jive"
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Gorean

« Reply #177 on: <02-02-13/1701:42> »
Wandering over to the pelt, Heron has a ponder at how to construct some leather sandals from the hide.

You can run on an empty stomach but not so much on bloody feet.
Thinking of which...

Mr Blackeagle, you don't happen to have some nuts and berries, or even a dandelion salad in that pack of yours. says Heron with a wry smile.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #178 on: <02-02-13/1730:27> »
"Well, any assumption says its the best path available to us, so I move we go rejoin our partners in amnesia.  Anyone care to second or object?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #179 on: <02-02-13/2102:52> »
AT THE CAMPSITE:

Blackeagle starts dishing up and passing around plates, and pours the coffee into camp mugs. "There is some greens in there and roots to thicken it up but the gravy is all fat and blood and it's all about the protein, the rest is just flavor.  You need the calories up here, to burn and to keep warm.  I can point you at the plants I used, but this is the only pot, so you'd be eating them raw."  Once he gets settled and has a bite or two, he looks to Clem, "The last metahuman I've seen is the proprietor of a trading post about 5-6 months ago, and you are the only people I have ever seen in this valley." He takes another bite of stew and sips his drink.

"Like I said before, and no offense meant, but who did you all piss off down in Dandelion Land?"

AT THE RIVER:

The coyote spirit drops on it's butt and yawns, then gives itself a bit of a scratch behind the ear.  Once that business is accomplished, he looks to the sky.  While searching he speaks "Many shamanic traditions use the form of their particular spirit totem as the basis for their conjuring.  While the Spirit of Beast is one of the forms they can summon, it is used primarily for more aggresively based taskings.  Tracking and concealment, while common abilities in the spirit world, are primarily left to a Spirit of Man, among other reasons, because of their acute perception and hearing."

The spirit then perked up and gave a bark to the sky behind them, where a spirit figure that resembled the mage in the other part of the group was just clearing the trees.

Looking back at the others, "Are my bonafides verified?  Can we go?"