NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

Gorean

« Reply #45 on: <01-23-13/1447:51> »
The mana charged howl passed through him, too preoccupied by the itch on his back.
Well somehow I don't think that's the barista with my sokaff
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/1517:34> by Gorean »

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <01-24-13/0628:43> »
Brought short by zipcuffs, and again by efforts to further mangle the plastic between them, Ikari held the two of them steady.

"Hold still, and relax your arm." he replied, making a curious flicking motion with his right hand and passing a nearly invisible wire through their bonds, "If we both make it out of this alive, call me Icarus."

Stepping out of the enforced embrace, he turned toward the howling with only a slight flinch. It wasn't the first choice that entered came to mind, faced with a group of strangers and a pack of predators, but dying running or lying down didn't hold much appeal.

Gorean

« Reply #47 on: <01-24-13/1029:13> »
He grimaced has the fear charged howl passed through him again.

I'm getting a fraking headache from that racket!

Quickly tucking his legs to his chest. He rolled over onto his knees and levered him self up into a sitting position.
Casting his eyes around he locked onto the dark furred shape streaking towards the others.

See the aura. Weave the mana around and through it, now squeeze!

[Spoiler]
Stunbolt: SpC6+Mag4-Mentor1 (9d6.hits(5)=2)

Resist Drain of DV3: (13d6.hits(5)=2)

Heron takes 1 point of physical drain damage.
[/Spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-24-13/1215:42> by Gorean »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <01-24-13/1240:42> »
The kill would not be as easy as the Alpha believed, the clumsiness of her male had allowed the prey to focus themselves.  She increased her pace and and projected fear in an attempt to disperse the defenders.  As she passed the clumsy one and snapped at his hindquarters, he joined her in the attempt, still eager to please.
[spoiler]
Alpha's Fear attack on Johnny:Are you kidding me?  Edge spent to avoid Critical Glitch as well, pretty much same result, Female Barghest takes a face plant and can't run anymore
Wounded Male's Fear attack on Clementine:One hit, defend with Will or run[/spoiler]

Completely unaware of the calamity behind him, the lead male continues to target, sloughing off the powerful spell cast at him.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #49 on: <01-24-13/1337:23> »
Johnny's stomach tensed as the second howl passed through him and the restraints fell away. He rolled to his feet and snatched up a few rocks as he walked towards the attacking creatures.
"One certified stone age ass whuppin' coming right up."
Johnny let fly with one of the rocks aimed right at the white barghest.

[spoiler]
Throwing Weapons (1)+Agility (7): 8d6.hits(5)=3
[/spoiler]
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <01-24-13/1402:53> »
The Alpha snarls as her prey grows claws, the rock easily sidestepped.

[spoiler]Alpha resist to rock (6d6.hits(5)=3)  Long Range (-3) actually killed a success, but it was avoided either way

We are still on Init 9 Pass 1, waiting on Clementine to resist the Fear attack before we complete the pass with the barghest probably missing O'Connor and catching a beatdown.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-24-13/1716:42> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <01-24-13/2037:36> »
Clementine was finally in the groove. 

Even though she had woken up minutes before, her thoughts had not stopped racing until this very moment.  Now, she had a weapon in hand and a target in sight.  She had a purpose even, a familiar one, she HAD to stand against these hellish creatures to protect those unable to defend themselves.

Never mind that they were strangers, that had never been an issue in her previous life, and never mind the embarrassment and confusion of their present circumstances, that was as forgotten as all of the time was before she had awakened. 

In this moment, she was where she needed to be, and where she was needed. 

As her adrenaline quickened and time slowed down, she spared a glance for O’Connor.  For all his rough edges,  and even visibly bleeding, this one was a warrior.  There was no question that the beast bearing down on him would never put a tooth or a claw into his flesh.  In avoiding its charge he would keep the beast's attention, drawing his head around and giving her a clear shot at the back of its skull.  She would plant the sharp edged rock there, severing the creature’s spine at the very first vertebrae.

SHE WAS IN THE GROOVE!

Then the condo exploded and the thick glass patio window shattered like so much fine crystal and was then consumed in the heat of the ensuing fireball.

YOU WILL FAIL …AGAIN

Clementine turned and for moment she didn’t see the beast that had crawled into her mind, his midnight lips drawn back from alabaster teeth.  She saw Kuraso-sama, knew the voice spoke truth...and that she could not stand.

Clementine continued to turn and ran with all her might seeking to put a mountain between herself and her nightmare.  The sharp rock, now forgotten, flew from her grip.  Ironically, it flew, straight and true, into the back of a skull, right at the top of a spine.  Unfortunately this skull was O’Connor’s.

The charging barghest did not put ‘a’ tooth or ‘a’ claw into the adept’s flesh, he put all of them there, along with 300 pounds of muscle.

[spoiler]O’Conner, resist 8P damage, no defense possible

Pass 2 begins, the Alpha closes with Johnny and stands ready to defend, the wounded male will try a Fear attack on Heron. Resist one success or run as you take your action

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-24-13/2136:05> by Crossbow »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-24-13/2102:09> »
Out of the corner of his eye, O'Connor saw the woman turn and flee. He didn't have the time to worry about it, the beast was almost on him. He stood ready, "Come on ya oversized mutt! You don't stand a-" He stumbled forward as pain exploded from the back of his head, "What...?" Through the stars in his vision he barely saw the beast's attack, OH SHI--!!! His thoughts were cut off by waves of pain as teeth sunk into him. He screamed out in equal parts of rage, fustration and pain, as the beast brought him to the ground.

[spoiler=Damage Resistance]
4d6.hits(5) = 2
Using Edge after the roll.
3d6.hitsopen(5,6)  = 0
...Great >:(
So I take 6P damage.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-24-13/2326:15> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <01-25-13/0012:09> »
Johnny quickly charged and aimed a single open palmed blow to the head of the black beast pinning his compatriot.

[spoiler]
18d6.hits(5)=11
[/spoiler]
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <01-25-13/0723:16> »
The barghest turns to meet the new foe, still standing over the bloody and barely conscious form of the old one.

[spoiler]Barghest's futile attempt to remain conscious after Johnny's devastating strike. (8d6.hits(5)=0, 7d6.hits(5)=1)  That's appropriate, glitch on the body roll.[/spoiler]

The other two beasts see their packmate's head explode in a shower of blood, bones and brains.  The Alpha is actually pelted with remains, some 10 meters away.  Both barghests immediate begin to try to move off and run away as best they can manage.
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/0728:42> by Crossbow »

Gorean

« Reply #55 on: <01-25-13/0942:40> »
The dark furred barghest seem to stare into his very eyes as it howled at him, The fear washed over him battering against his mind, but he was stronger!
[spoiler]
Willpower test to resist Fear (6d6.hits(5)=3)
[/spoiler]

irisheathen

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <01-25-13/1205:48> »
Johnny locked eyes with the Alpha Barghest as her packmates blood rained down on them both and held the stare till she turned away. He mumbled a line from the Tao De Ching in mandarin as he watched her limp into the tree line "He allows things to come and go. His heart is open as the sky."
Dropping his stance he turned and grinned broadly as he pointed his thumbs at his chest "You cool cats can call me Johnny Chopstixs." He glanced down at O'conner and then back up to the group "By the way anybody know a doctor? Cause this dude don't look so hot."

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-25-13/1234:35> »
Looking up at the monstrous canine, O'Connor was sure he was dead. Then the beast's head exploded, showering him in blood, gory chunks, and bits of bone. He turned to the guy calling himself Johnny, and managed to weakly say, "Nice work." At the implication of needing help, O'Connor quickly got to his feet, or at least he tried too, his body didn't want to comply. He had to settle for slowly struggled to stand, Dammit, I definitely broke some ribs, hope it ain't more serious. Even though it was a considerable effort just to stand, O'Connor scoffed. This sent pain lancing through his body, Okay, that's the first item on my "Don't Do For A While" list. Second item seems to be breathing. He settled on a sardonic smile and stated, his voice ragged, "Whatcha talkin' about? I'm fine, in perfect health even." He felt the back of his head where he'd been struck, his hand came back wet with blood, "The fuck hit me, and where's the ork chick goin'?
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/1316:26> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Gorean

« Reply #58 on: <01-25-13/1609:09> »
As the barghest turned tail and ran, Heron rolled his shoulders to relieve the tension caused by his bindings.

Well lets go find someone to untie me.

Humming to himself, he floated up and moved towards the group that had just made chunky salsa out of one of the barghests.
[spoiler]
Force 4 Levitate (10d6.hits(5)=3)
Drain resist (3S) (13d6.hits(5)=7)
[/spoiler]

So. Now that playtime is over. does anyone feel up to untying me, while I patch dog food over here up?

Not bothering to wait for a reply he moved to the man he'd nicknamed 'Dog Food' and concentrated on using his magic to pull his wounds together.

[spoiler]
Force 4 Heal (10d6.hits(5)=3) So O'Connor recovers 3 physical damage
Drain resist (3S) (13d6.hits(5)=3)
[/spoiler]

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <01-25-13/1733:44> »
O'Connor couldn't come up with a witty retort, so he opted for silence, Dog Food...I'll need to think something up for you. He felt the mage's spell wash over his body. He felt his skin regenerate and most of his bruises disappear. The pain in his rib cage remained though, telling him the healing was only skin deep, A little's better than nothing I suppose. He nodded to the mage in thanks and began sawing at his restraints.
« Last Edit: <01-25-13/1740:36> by Necrogigas »

Characters