NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1275 on: <06-25-13/2350:59> »
There's no argument that the smuggler route is definitely faster, easier and probably safer. It's just that the characters don't know how much they're making out of a job they don't yet know, so ¥8,000+ a head for getting back to Seattle is not something I can see Clem agreeing to. She'll go with the group should they decide to go through with that option, but she will strongly voice her disapproval.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1276 on: <06-26-13/0100:20> »
Which is fair - I also know which direction Fionn's gonna be arguing for, and he's got a number of reasons for that.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1277 on: <06-26-13/0149:32> »
Regardless of alternatives, we really shouldn't do biz with this fixer. Someone that gets pissy and indignant that easily isn't someone that we should be trusting. He'll probably have the pilot dump us out the back halfway there.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1278 on: <06-26-13/0150:43> »
Some kind of insurance would certainly be in order - like blackmail material on a deadman switch.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1279 on: <06-26-13/1447:00> »
So yeah Sam just pissed Johnny off but luckily Johnny is philosophical and didn't just punch Sam.  ;D
As for the ride we could (and pardon me for saying something that should be coming from O'Conner  ::) ) kill the fixer and stash the body and head to the pilot ourselves, cutting out the middle man. We could even go one step further and attempt to set up Matty as the new fixer in town. That would be a real thank you and a nice contact after this is over. There is also the idea of stealing a cop vehicle and use it to "extradite some prisoners across the border" (taking the kidnapped officers and framing the fixer). We could even modify that plan as well by using a medical vehicle instead and having a lot of us working for one very rich patient with a famous girlfriend (some could be bodyguards too). And finally classic misdirection is a choice as well. We could make someone else more important to security forces at the border check (IE planting a fake bomb, lots of drugs, or a kidnap victim in the car in front of us) so we could walk threw without hassle. Or a combination of any of these.
 ;D
Sorry I've been watching a lot of burn notice.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1280 on: <06-26-13/1525:56> »
One should never have to apologize for watching a lot of Burn Notice.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1281 on: <06-26-13/1939:31> »
I like the idea of killing him and letting someone else take over :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1282 on: <06-26-13/1943:12> »
It DOES sound like he knows at least some of the people worth knowing in the area - such as the pilot. 
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1283 on: <06-26-13/2049:53> »
Out of curiosity, is someone from the diner group going to comm the others to let them know what's up? Sam doesn't have a comm, so he can't...
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1284 on: <06-28-13/0302:33> »
If anybody from the other group wants to continue, please do. I have a feeling the Jeep crew will continue this game indefinitely while waiting for instructions from the rest.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1285 on: <06-28-13/2120:04> »
Thinking about the numbers...  Rating 6 ID's for everyone would be 48 000 nuyen, and at least 2 days to get.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1286 on: <06-28-13/2256:59> »
But the characters do get to keep the IDs after.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1287 on: <06-29-13/0042:20> »
That is book cost, now talk about street markup and delivery, in hostile territory, and that also means cutting Matty loose, not that that is really a major consideration :)

Also, just want to make sure, did Sammy just intentionally mislead the other group?  The fifty grand was not refused, just never responded to, not that you were given a chance.  You can safely assume that if you tell the muscle you are taking the final offer, you will have the ride.

By the by I am monitoring, though I did spend the day celebrating wifey's b-day, thus the late check in.  On that note, can anyone stateside let me know if you will be out for the upcoming holiday?
« Last Edit: <06-29-13/0051:46> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1288 on: <06-29-13/0102:10> »
Little bit north of stateside, but we do have Canada Day coming up on the first here, not sure if I'll be around for that evening or not.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1289 on: <06-29-13/0111:33> »
I should be around, but I'm not 100% sure though.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters