NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1245 on: <06-17-13/0000:59> »
Random thought, which might be stupid, brilliant, or the product of too much cold medicine:

Should Sam ask for a demonstration of the fixer's ability to get a job done well--say, an infiltration and weapons acquisition from Mr. Martell? ;D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1246 on: <06-17-13/0006:40> »
Risky, but if it pays off it pays off big, and potentially helps pull some heat off of us.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1247 on: <06-17-13/0153:24> »
I wouldn't make it too complicated for now.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1248 on: <06-18-13/1259:47> »
How far off did the muscle move? Also any cover between him and Johnny? Finally Johnny is keeping his voice down as well.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1249 on: <06-18-13/1428:21> »
The Muscle has positioned himself so that he has a clear sightline on Sammy, Torley and Johnny, because Mtty came later, he has cover from him.  The positioning of Johnny and him is essentially two ends of someone's car.

(Would make you a map, but I don't know how to post it)

Thvor, when you spend edge after the fact you can reroll failures, probably a better idea in this case.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1250 on: <06-18-13/1449:59> »
Thvor, when you spend edge after the fact you can reroll failures, probably a better idea in this case.

Hrm. I've never been fully able to parse the edge rules--they're not written very clearly in the manual. I always interpreted the third option ("You may re-roll all of the dice on a single test that did not score a hit.") as saying that if the entire test failed--no hits at all--you could use edge to re-roll, but without the rule of 6 applying, and without any extra edge dice. But I can also read it as saying that you can take all of the dice which weren't hits (10, in this case) and re-roll those, adding any new hits to the ones initially rolled. Which would probably be better than rolling Sam's four edge dice, even without the rule of 6--which may or may not apply, as it's not spelled out.

So, anyhow...you're the GM; it's your call. Given the importance of this con, I want to use edge to improve Sam's miserable first roll. I can:
  • Roll the 4 edge dice, with the rule of 6; this is already posted. 4d6.hitsopen(5,6)
  • Re-roll the 10 misses, with the rule of 6 or not (please specify). 10d6.hits(5) or 10d6.hitsopen(5,6)
  • Or just re-roll the entire bloody thing as if I'd declared the use of edge up front. 13d6.hitsopen(5,6)

Let me know what your preference is.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1251 on: <06-18-13/1502:08> »
second option

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1252 on: <06-18-13/1526:25> »
Without the rule of 6:
10d6.hits(5)=2; total of 5 (same as already rolled).

With rule of 6:
10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1; total of 4...um, let's pretend this never happened. :D

Like I said, the Castle doesn't seem to like Sam today.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1253 on: <06-19-13/1514:08> »
Not that I think O'Conner would know, but I don't think Clem has spent all the cash she had, there should still be enough for a half tank of gas, but going into a station might be a problem for you.

Moneywise you also have Clem's contact and possibly whatever cred Fionn had but wasn't carrying on him since he has net access now.
« Last Edit: <06-19-13/1517:03> by Crossbow »

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1254 on: <06-19-13/2037:15> »
Should I roll anything for Fionn to find a good place for them to hole up until it's time to go?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1255 on: <06-20-13/1008:25> »
Unless you plan to do some concealment no roll will be needed.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1256 on: <06-20-13/1020:50> »
Sorry for lack of activity. Grandparents coming to visit, so if house doesn't look good, Bad Things happen.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1257 on: <06-24-13/1559:07> »
"Just a second," Kitten said in the comm, before turning to Sam, "Excuse me, Mr. J.  I have to make a call.  If you could excuse me for a second."

Did Sammy pick up a new nickname? :D

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1258 on: <06-24-13/1608:52> »
"Just a second," Kitten said in the comm, before turning to Sam, "Excuse me, Mr. J.  I have to make a call.  If you could excuse me for a second."

Did Sammy pick up a new nickname? :D

No, I start to confuse my mages.  :-[
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1259 on: <06-25-13/0254:21> »
That didn't go as we had hoped... :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix