NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1230 on: <06-04-13/0034:40> »
It's going to be fun writing Fionn's reaction to a more extended conversation about the whole "spying" thing - largely because he's just going to be insulted.  Previously, his reaction was more of a simple "what the hell is he on about".
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1231 on: <06-04-13/0050:30> »
Yeah, I can definitely see the proverbial shit hitting the fan on that one.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1232 on: <06-05-13/1121:09> »
Johnny will have changed clothes if Sam suggested it otherwise he will have stuck with the Walker Texas Ranger outfit. He will have grabbed some sunglasses though (mirrored if they are available) . He will try to stay close enough to Matty and the contact so if anybody draws guns he will be close enough to try to disarm them (he told the team this in the car). Otherwise he's gonna be the strong silent type, taking his cues from Sam and Sammy.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1233 on: <06-09-13/0956:50> »
Alright Thvor, I have given you a full day to unpack and settle in, now get to it!! :):)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1234 on: <06-09-13/1123:26> »
Hopefully we can resume this soon :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1235 on: <06-11-13/1039:08> »
Back from my latest site ban. Catching up now.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1236 on: <06-12-13/1015:06> »
My apologies for the delay; I've been fighting a cold since we got back (I blame the sub-par hotel we stayed at on the final night). Will have an IC post up shortly.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1237 on: <06-12-13/1146:00> »
Hope you are feeling better dude, here are the results for Sam's rolls.

Diner- Eight people in the diner, including staff (1 cook, 1 waitress).  Everyone who is a customer looks road weary and minding their own business, two are armed, a trucker at the counter has a pistol on his hip, oblivious to the world beyond the disgusting mess on his plate, and the back-up for your contact, who really sucks at being inconspicuous with a mystery bulge under a coat (upwards of an SMG, maybe), in the corner of the diner behind Greasy.

Greasy- Medium fish in a small pond with delusions of grandeur, he is a local fixer that is taking the wrong cues to how the game is played. Probably self-taught, or he did a short stint with some real criminals and learned a few things.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1238 on: <06-12-13/2227:06> »
Jonny- No threat, and you basically got the same description.

Sammy- 'fixer' is eager and happy, with some headware.  The backup is on guard, with some bodyware mods, but nothing major.

No active magic in the diner.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1239 on: <06-14-13/1311:10> »
Sorry folks, I missed the post last night

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1240 on: <06-14-13/1920:57> »
Bold plan, Thvor: I like it!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1241 on: <06-14-13/2331:50> »
Bold plan, Thvor: I like it!

Too bad Clem's not around to see it? ;D

Sam doesn't go for small. He's willing to swap personas frequently in order to get what he wants, and he felt the best way to deal with Greasy was to appear as a powerful Johnson who has had a temporary setback, but who would recover soon--and remember those who'd helped (or not) in the process. So he was willing to go to the diner because he needed to, but he's not about to let Greasy set the scene for their negotiation. Pity about Matty getting a bit thrown under the bus, but Sam isn't about to let him know that this isn't his real persona, and anyways, I expect he'll recover. Heck, if we're lucky, this'll just lead to some hero worship. ;)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1242 on: <06-15-13/0025:32> »
Hopefully your con roll is strong enough to pull it off, but even if it isn't, kudos for the originality.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1243 on: <06-15-13/0046:26> »
It's a pretty good tactic, really - it should throw the guy off balance and give Sam the advantage.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #1244 on: <06-16-13/1319:45> »
Johnny will attempt to politely play bouncer letting only the "fixer" by. He will let the muscle keep a visual on everything but out of earshot. Also he wont take his eyes off the muscle.
« Last Edit: <06-16-13/1322:36> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>