NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <05-15-13/0427:55> »
I thought the theatre group was related to the smugglers. I'll edit my post if that's not the case.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1171 on: <05-15-13/1016:07> »
Liam and Rudy are not in anyway connected to Matt and his sister Melissa except by current geography, though Rudy and Melissa seem to be becoming fast friends as they work on sets.

That isn't the only confusion that needs to be cleared up,  I probably should have been a little more clear, but you all came in to the theater from back stage, and the stage itself is where the sets are, and where most of the conversation that has taken place.  It is a huge space so that isn't a problem, Jonny's kata for instance had plenty of room.  The left wing is where all of the dressing rooms and storage  and the right is mostly empty on the ground.  The loft that appears to the couple's living space and the stairs going to it are over there.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1172 on: <05-15-13/1110:38> »
So, let's run down on who's where:

Sam's currently exploring the dressing rooms & storage areas for a wardrobe upgrade.
Heron's gone astral, leaving a watcher spirit so Sammy can call him back.
Johnny's moping around, bored. ;)
Sammy's trying to strike up a conversation with Liam.
Icarus hasn't done anything since getting to the theater that I'm aware of.
Fionn just started trying to sniff out the cop's comms.
And Clem and O'Connor just had a date, complete with flowers.  ;D

As for the NPC's, Matt's made the call, there are a few hours before the meet. Apparently he and Rudy are now tinkering with sets. Not sure what his sister is up to. And Liam is (hopefully) going to get information from his fellow actor/cop on what the cops are up to.

And we still have basically no clue about what the frack we were trying to do when we got drugged, who dumped us in the back-end of nowhere, or why they chose to strip us down and leave us rather than just killing us outright. Sam tried to probe the sheriff for any odd stuff in the area and came up with nothing; the people who have reached out to contacts back in Seattle have similarly come up dry.

Have I missed anything?

Incidentally, Sam did try to give Fionn the option to rest up by trying to network through Liam. He's upset about the con (apparently) starting to fall apart, and still places some of the blame on the elf, of course, but he is trying to save the situation using whatever resources he can come up with. Since Fionn didn't say that he was going ahead with the sniffing, Sam will probably be surprised if/when the elf comes up with something. And, of course, it'll be good to have anything Fionn finds to cross-check whatever Liam comes up with.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1173 on: <05-15-13/1220:25> »
Couple of points:

Icarus hasn't done anything since getting to the theater that I'm aware of.

He has taken a seat and is resting after wandering around the theater.

As for the NPC's, Matt's made the call, there are a few hours before the meet. Apparently he and Rudy are now tinkering with sets. Not sure what his sister is up to.
Actually Melissa is the one working on sets, Matt is resting, not far Icarus.
And we still have basically no clue about what the frack we were trying to do when we got drugged, who dumped us in the back-end of nowhere, or why they chose to strip us down and leave us rather than just killing us outright.
Only if you choose to believe that Jayson lied to you.  According to him you were apparently involved in some kind of infiltration of a backwoods facility in the Tir.   You have also found out that the laes, the dumping and the nudity are a not unheard of practice among Tir security.  Contrary to the old adage, dead men do tell tales in the Sixth World.
The people who have reached out to contacts back in Seattle have similarly come up dry.
Other than a potential source of funds.
Have I missed anything?
At least some of the mages' stuff is in a warehouse in Tacoma which VERY roughly corresponds to where Fionn was able to track some of you to around the time of the meet that apparently took place that none of you remember.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1174 on: <05-15-13/1231:28> »
So basically, time to leave, yes?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1175 on: <05-15-13/1319:03> »
Well, you COULD hang around and duke it out with a small town police force :)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1176 on: <05-15-13/1326:04> »
To quote a TV presenter: How hard can it be?  ;) ;D
We just let O'Connor raise hell on one end of the town and than sneak out at the other end.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1177 on: <05-15-13/1403:16> »
By the way, a little background knowledge some of you might have to somewhat allay suspicions of Liam.  It is common for a star who leaves the limelight for any length of time to have rumors start up about them, that happens today.  Pregnancy, drugs, burnout, training to become MMA fighter, what have you.  In the Sixth World you can add to that list goblinized, awakened, eaten by a dragon and, especially for an action star like Sammy, running the shadows.  She is not even close to being the first one to do it, and if you consider music stars in the same vein (There is an inside joke coming) she isn't close to being the biggest, Jetblack has that title. (see what I did there?)

This is not to say you can't or shouldn't be suspicious, I am fine with that, just letting you into the world a little more.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1178 on: <05-15-13/1406:36> »
That depends on what we need.  If we can get it done without more help from him, I'll leave the favour open for another time.  If we need him for something, of course I'll milk it out.

@Crossbow: Social networks in general are called MoSoSo's (Mobile Social Software), but the one you're looking for is probably Horizon's P2 (pito) network.  Sammy should have an account on there as well.

Pito is the one I am thinking of, what book is it outlined in?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1179 on: <05-15-13/1546:32> »
That depends on what we need.  If we can get it done without more help from him, I'll leave the favour open for another time.  If we need him for something, of course I'll milk it out.

@Crossbow: Social networks in general are called MoSoSo's (Mobile Social Software), but the one you're looking for is probably Horizon's P2 (pito) network.  Sammy should have an account on there as well.

Pito is the one I am thinking of, what book is it outlined in?

Corporate Enclaves, but it's a rather limited explanation.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <05-15-13/1600:31> »
...  If the camera feeds were being altered at the source, how could the originals possibly get to the regional office?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1181 on: <05-15-13/1700:06> »
...  If the camera feeds were being altered at the source, how could the originals possibly get to the regional office?

I just spent a while tracking down the description of the system that I gave to you, I must PM'd and not saved the sent file, but I do specifically remember telling you that the cameras send their feeds to an offsite location as well as the security node.  I would also point to the glitch that you chose not to negate.

Hope that eases your confusion.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <05-15-13/1701:44> »
Guess the glitch did it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1183 on: <05-15-13/2028:16> »
Thvor:  Sam and Sammy are probably amongst the people Fionn took aside to deliver that last bit of information.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <05-15-13/2113:32> »
Which would mean Clem and O'Connor weren't there yet to hear that bit of info.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix