NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #690 on: <02-20-13/2311:09> »
Nah, stuff like that just happens unless I'm being jammed or something.  As for who I'm gonna call...  Let's go with highest loyalty first; I'll get ahold of Creidhne - free machine sprite (Connection 2/Loyalty 4) if you don't recall.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #691 on: <02-20-13/2312:04> »
Con Test
Charisma 2 - Default 1 - CM 2 = Pool -1/NULL

Yeah, O'Connor's just going to  keep quiet for once.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #692 on: <02-20-13/2319:05> »
And yes, it will be a teamwork con, probably with Torley acting as the lead, Sammy will automatically give her fame bonus to Torley in addition to any dice she contributes, any one else trying to coordinate will need to post, otherwise you can stay silent and be entourage.

Oh, did I jump the gun on my IC posting? Sorry. Just...Sam wouldn't want the locals to get the first word in on a con. The key thing is to get people off-balance quickly; the rest is easy. :)

Regardless, if you need me to adjust my DP, just let me know. Though I am going to bed for the night now, so it'll have to wait eight hours or so... ;)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #693 on: <02-20-13/2322:35> »
Clem will let the pros do their thing and follow their lead, talking only when she has to.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #694 on: <02-20-13/2340:14> »
Con teamwork test (6d6.hits(5)=1)

Trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to buy off the glitch, given that it costs be 2 Edge to do it...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #695 on: <02-20-13/2344:02> »
Yes you jumped the gun, you will get additional for your pool up to equal yourcon skill, based on their successes, plus 3 for Sammy's fame.
And yes, it will be a teamwork con, probably with Torley acting as the lead, Sammy will automatically give her fame bonus to Torley in addition to any dice she contributes, any one else trying to coordinate will need to post, otherwise you can stay silent and be entourage.

Oh, did I jump the gun on my IC posting? Sorry. Just...Sam wouldn't want the locals to get the first word in on a con. The key thing is to get people off-balance quickly; the rest is easy. :)

Regardless, if you need me to adjust my DP, just let me know. Though I am going to bed for the night now, so it'll have to wait eight hours or so... ;)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #696 on: <02-20-13/2348:48> »
Ok, my con skill is 4, for anyone who's keeping score at home. Most of Sam's DP comes from other sources. ;D

I'll roll the extra 3-7 dice once the results are in, and then add them to my post.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #697 on: <02-21-13/1112:02> »
I believe at this point, between Sammy and Fionn, we've got the four extra dice I'm allowed.

[spoiler]
Original: 13d6.hits(5)=5
With contributions: 7d6.hits(5)=2

Total of 7 hits, no glitches except for RHat's.
[/spoiler]

Reading through the RAW on teamwork tests (SR4A p.65), I'm not sure that RHat's glitch affects the results at all:
Sometimes characters may choose to work together on a task, whether they are holding the door against a rampaging paracritter or fixing a car. To determine success, pick one character as the primary acting character. Each of the secondary characters makes the appropriate test; each hit they score adds +1 die to the primary character’s dice pool. The primary character then makes the test, and her results determine success. The maximum dice bonus the primary character can receive from teamwork is equal to that character’s skill.

If any of the assisting characters roll a critical glitch, raise the threshold for the test by 1 (3 for Extended Tests).

There's text for critical glitches, but not regular ones. ???

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #698 on: <02-21-13/1311:49> »
I am waiting to find out if he is buying off the glitch, but you are right that it won't affect the test's success, I will just find another way to have my fun :)
« Last Edit: <02-21-13/1313:43> by Crossbow »

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #699 on: <02-21-13/1350:48> »
Hrm, something tells me we sold it.  :D

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #700 on: <02-21-13/1600:48> »
For anyone who wants in on the joke, Sam's reference to "Dom" is to one of his contacts whose club provides "extra" services, including prostitutes. Sam's a bad man sometimes. :-[ :o ;D

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #701 on: <02-21-13/1618:24> »
Thvor, you go as far with her as you want to go, she is already eating it up and completely dropped the 'sassy waitress' act.  Give me a Con and an Ettiquette roll just so I an idea of how much info you will get.  and give me a visual perception roll while you are at it.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #702 on: <02-21-13/1622:19> »
Rolls as requested:
[spoiler]
Con, Etiquette (same DP): 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=4
Visual Perception: 12d6.hits(5)=4
[/spoiler]

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #703 on: <02-21-13/1745:04> »
Not worth 2 edge to buy off that glitch if it won't impact our success.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #704 on: <02-21-13/1828:59> »
got an easy one for you then, your contact is unavailable, who would you like to try now?