NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Gorean

« Reply #435 on: <02-05-13/0134:45> »
Personally I've been trying to wait between posts, to give others a chance to get a word in edgewise. Particularly since the time zone difference means I'm asleep when most are posting.

As to Blackeagle, Heron is trying not to be too open with the guy since he's been watching us from when the barghests attacked at the latest and was close enough to hear our introductions to each other.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #436 on: <02-05-13/0153:50> »
Personally I've been trying to wait between posts, to give others a chance to get a word in edgewise. Particularly since the time zone difference means I'm asleep when most are posting.

I have the same thing.  Like now I come to the forum and I see in the OOC thread about 30 something comments.  Also at work I can't do dice rolling, so if I need to roll something, it has to wait until the evening (my evening) before I can do it.

And compared to most PbPs where I've been in, we're moving forward very fast, so I don't think we need to find ways to speed it up.  :)  Some little tweaks maybe, but in general the speed is good I think.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #437 on: <02-05-13/1122:27> »
I don't always reply when I check because I don't always have time and replying from my phone is next to impossible. I like to take time when I post and unfortunately (especially over the last few days) RL has been sucking up all my time. I'll work around anything that happens so don't wait on Johnny unless its a fight and at that point I'll make time to respond asap. Both me and Johnny are easy going guys so no worries.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #438 on: <02-06-13/2059:32> »
Okay, that bit between Icarus and the spirit is now at least the second time I think I have misinterpreted intentions and responded in game in a way that feels wrong in hindsight.  The first came when I thought Clementine was trying to proposition Blackeagle.  I am apparently glitching all of my own personal Judge Intentions attempts so maybe this is something that needs discussing.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #439 on: <02-06-13/2102:38> »
Hahaha! I didn't even realize you thought Clem was propositioning Blackeagle.

But to be fair, I also don't fully understand that bit between Icarus and the coyote.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #440 on: <02-06-13/2156:56> »
From my pov, Icarus didn't offer something he has, but something Blackeagle could name. It's a pretty strong offer, assuming he can think of something American-made with a Japanese name that he needs and can't simply get himself. (then again, the assumptions of Giri make that kind of favour an obligation as big as whatever it was needed for)

Looking back at the post, I can see how that would have been confusing. While writing / IC, I almost assumed Coyote doesn't like open-ended offers.
« Last Edit: <02-06-13/2159:10> by Novocrane »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #441 on: <02-06-13/2243:30> »
Okay, time for another homework assignment, though it will be entirely up to you whether you want to post here or PM the information to me.

All of you are 'rookies', you have recently gotten serious about shadowrunning, it is the one common thread that you have determined from you limited interactions.  Several of you are only recently come to Seattle.  This does not reflect your professionalism or street smarts, it is assumed you would already be a bullet-ridden corpse if you lacked those.  What it does mean is that you haveno less than one but no more than three 'real runs' in the Metro Seattle area that you can hang your hats on.  This is the kind of thing that if someone were to question your ability you could say, if you were so inclined "You know that job XYZ?  Yeah, I had a hand in that."

This stuff is entirely on you to come up with, and you can be as detailed as you like, with the understanding these were minor jobs and any resources gained from them are either allready reflected in your background and sheets or has been consumed with no net gain.
« Last Edit: <02-06-13/2245:32> by Crossbow »

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #442 on: <02-06-13/2258:21> »
Wetwork, though that term implies a level of sophistication that O'Connor doesn't possess. He's the type to walk into a room with an assault rifle, and several other weapons, loaded to bear and hose down an entire room rather than pop a target with a sniper rifle.

His only run involved him gunning down a crew of two-bit thieves that were hitting the Johnson's shipping trucks. The Johnson leaked intel on a truck carrying high end electronics to the thief crew. When the crew opened the truck what they found instead was O'Connor.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #443 on: <02-06-13/2312:40> »
Fionn's runs are marked by it being hard to tell if anything happened at all - in lieu of a perfect way in, he used mass distraction (like triggering a site evacuation) to provide cover so the team could get in and out without having to shoot their way through.  It wasn't subtle, but it worked - and gave them time to get clear before security knew what had happened in on case.

That said...  If O'Connor's a wetwork guy, that's going to make things...  Interesting.  He and Fionn are probably going to clash pretty seriously when it comes to planning - just something to be aware of.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #444 on: <02-07-13/0020:31> »
"Wouldn't mind getting a look around myself - with the permission of our host, of course?" Fionn nodded to Blackeagle, not wanting to abuse his hospitality.

Blackeagle isn't with us, the spirit led us to the cabin. Blackeagle's still running around in the woods somewhere.

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #445 on: <02-07-13/0035:01> »
His only run involved him gunning down a crew of two-bit thieves that were hitting the Johnson's shipping trucks. The Johnson leaked intel on a truck carrying high end electronics to the thief crew. When the crew opened the truck what they found instead was O'Connor.

That said...  If O'Connor's a wetwork guy, that's going to make things...  Interesting.  He and Fionn are probably going to clash pretty seriously when it comes to planning - just something to be aware of.

Okay, two things 1) Necro: That is not wetwork, and (not that he would care) he would probably insult those who specialize in wetwork by calling it that.  Call it "Property defense with extreme predjudice"  8)

And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #446 on: <02-07-13/0036:28> »

Okay, two things 1) Necro: That is not wetwork, and (not that he would care) he would probably insult those who specialize in wetwork by calling it that.  Call it "Property defense with extreme predjudice"  8)

And 2) RHat, did I miss the part where your two characters exchanged Christmas cards?   ;)
What would the general term be for shooting people in the face for money be called then, gun-for-hire?
« Last Edit: <02-07-13/0040:10> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #447 on: <02-07-13/0048:27> »

What would the general term be for shooting people in the face for money be called then, gun-for-hire?

Essentially, yes, plus general mayhem.  Everyone assumes that if you hire a man with a gun that he may likely use it, you especially.  Wetwork involves specific target elimination, and you can charge a lot more for it.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #448 on: <02-07-13/0107:15> »

I'm just saying for future notice, it's going to become interesting down the line.  And, editing the post - would it be fair to think of the spirit as being Blackeagle's proxy in this?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #449 on: <02-07-13/0114:55> »

I'm just saying for future notice, it's going to become interesting down the line.  And, editing the post - would it be fair to think of the spirit as being Blackeagle's proxy in this?

If you really find it necessary, but you were given access to the cabin already by Blackeagle, and the coyote really wouldn't care either way.