NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #420 on: <02-04-13/2133:10> »
I know that personally, not every time I can check the forums is a time that I can post - sizable posts from my phone are way too frustrating.

I think maybe letting people pop in to say "hey, I want to get something in here before we go past this" so that we know to wait for them wouldn't be a bad thing.

You are not one of the ones I was worried about.   ;D  But that, "HOLD UP I NEED TO POST FROM HOME" idea may have legs.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #421 on: <02-04-13/2145:12> »
I'm just pointing out that this might be where some of that comes in from.  Maybe.  Possibly.

But yes, if something's going on and I have something I want to contribute, being able to not miss out just because I was at work or something would be nice.

Also, having the NPC respond to everyone at once like that does make it kind of difficult to have any sort of conversation with them.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/2215:27> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #422 on: <02-04-13/2230:29> »
I, for one, have been holding off writing posts because I don't want to be the only one participating and want to let others in on the fun as well. But yeah, it does seem like some less frequent posters are waiting on something. Like Rhat said, maybe just "reserving" a spot in the storyline might be a good idea for those of us that can't post as frequently as the others.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #423 on: <02-04-13/2232:52> »
I, for one, have been holding off writing posts because I don't want to be the only one participating and want to let others in on the fun as well. But yeah, it does seem like some less frequent posters are waiting on something. Like Rhat said, maybe just "reserving" a spot in the storyline might be a good idea for those of us that can't post as frequently as the others.

I do the same thing, sometimes - it wouldn't hurt for us to be able to know whether or not we need to.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #424 on: <02-04-13/2235:34> »
Well, I'm suddenly at a loss...I'd been kind of assuming we'd be getting more from this Blackeagle chappy, but his latest comment seems designed to shut Torley's line of conversation down cold.

...anyone else got something?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #425 on: <02-04-13/2245:51> »
Guess the GM is just telling us that's not the way forward?

A car sounds like a good idea. We could crash at the cabin and then drive somewhere else in the morning.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #426 on: <02-04-13/2247:24> »
Would be worth asking how it came to be his valley, because I'm inclined to guess it's no coincidence we were dumped here.  I would, but Fionn's on a different subject right now.  Also, not a bad idea to check to see if he's mentioned anything he shouldn't know.

I'm basically treating his statements the way I'd read statements to old-Celtic style faeries with the whole "cannot tell a lie" thing - anything said directly shall be assumed to be true to his knowledge, anything less than a direct statement could be false.  Deceitful, yet honest and true to his word.  We can certainly tell that he's very powerful, as well.

And I can't help but feel that there'd be a catch to the whole "take the truck in", thing.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #427 on: <02-04-13/2259:00> »
Good thoughts, RHat. Though I do have a question or two for the group...Sammy's assensing result indicated that he was mundane. Now, he may have the astral chameleon quality, which could throw things off; is there any other reason he might come up as mundane if he's really awakened? And if he really is awakened...how the hell did he find Heron's group, and who is this coyote spirit really serving (could be a free spirit, of course...)?

I don't have enough experience with the astral side of SR to answer these questions...  :-\
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #428 on: <02-04-13/2316:04> »
He's most likely an initiated mage with the masking metamagic.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #429 on: <02-04-13/2318:57> »
Well, Masking lets you appear as though your Magic is lower than it is - if you could lower it to 0 through that, would you not appear mundane?

Of course, that means his Initiate grade is at least equal to his Magic stat.  Powerful, as I said.

And Concealment is -Force to perception, not invisibility.  So, he could just be able to get enough dice to overcome that.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/2321:34> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #430 on: <02-04-13/2322:24> »
I was thinking along the lines of an initiated ex-runner. In any case, he's very strong compared to us.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #431 on: <02-04-13/2325:42> »
Masking allows a mage to appear mundane, look as though their magic is +/- their initiate grade, or appear to be a different type of astral being.

Seeing through the Concealment could be a high skill rating, a spirit using the Search power, or simply Hand of God.
« Last Edit: <02-04-13/2328:07> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #432 on: <02-04-13/2327:43> »
Masking allows a mage to appear mundane, look as though their magic is +/- their initiate grade, or appear to be a different type of astral being.

Somehow, when I checked the text of masking, I overlooked the part where it said "look mundane".  Don't know how I managed that.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #433 on: <02-04-13/2335:32> »
I'm not opposed to keeping things moving; if I miss something, I miss something. If it's important or character threatening, that's another kettle of fish.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #434 on: <02-04-13/2354:40> »
"Character threatening" is probably one of those areas where none of us needs to be asked to wait...

"Important", though, is where it's good to drop a note in here, because we're not going to know what's important to you otherwise.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites