NEWS

Stunbolt

• 8 Replies

Ayeohx

• Newb
« on: <10-10-14/1613:34> »
I don't think I quite get the reason for this card's existence.

It says:
Reveal the top card of your deck, then put it back on top of your deck.  X equals the revealed card's cost."

Swell, but isn't your deck basically just one of the 7 cards you start with, all with a nuyen cost of one?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <10-10-14/1906:58> »
Sure, it starts off likely weak.  But if you've been buying cards off the Black Market, it can get nasty quick.  Combined with some of the cards that give you the ability to manipulate your deck, you get a greater degree of control over the damage the card does, too.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #2 on: <10-10-14/2058:36> »
Agreed with Namikaze. It can get really powerful. In fact, if you look at magic cards, many of them are like a "gamble" : the total value of your attack is often determined by revealing cards.

Once, when I played a Stunbolt, the card I revealed was a 9 nuyen one (Fireball i think). Well, that sure was a quick victory  ;D  ;D

Ayslyn

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-11-14/0233:35> »
Sure, it starts off likely weak.
At 3 cost for a Mana and at least one colourless damage, I would argue that it starts off average and then gets better.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #4 on: <11-12-14/1130:33> »
Check this thread, noman.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <11-12-14/1916:22> »
On which publisher/vendor (or whatever it is called lol) website can I see order info about the first expansion for Shadowrun Crossfire?

Situation : I want my FLGS to order it for me, but I just want to show them first what I really want to avoid any problem (it happens...).

I do not know who or what Noman is, but his message is a copy-paste from my post here : http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18426.msg326362#msg326362.

Weird.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <11-12-14/1925:35> »
Spambots. They copy posts and likely intend to edit links into their signature later for SEO.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <11-12-14/1929:33> »
Spambots. They copy posts and likely intend to edit links into their signature later for SEO.

Thank you for the explanation, I thought it might be a bot of some sort indeed. They're not really subtle then...

We will let GOD take care of them.  8)

Dancer

• Newb
  • Cram-Powered Decker
« Reply #8 on: <11-30-14/0002:47> »
Sorry to necro, but surprised nobody mentioned. Always, if you can, play Deathtouch before this card. Then when you have revealed the top three cards, and can place them back in any order, place the highest cost one on top. Sorted. Your Stunbolt is now primed.