NEWS

[5e] Circles of Power Recruitment [Prime Runners Wanted!]

• 71 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-13-15/0806:49> »
2075 Persistent Game World Thread

I’m looking for a dedicated team of high profile runners for a job (or jobs) in Europe.  This will probably be loosely based around some of the runs in London Falling (unless a significant number of possible recruits have run them previously in which case I can come up with something else).  Recruitment will be flexible and if we get a large number of applications I may well split you into a couple of teams…who wants to be on the distraction team? :]

As befits top end runners character gen will be using the Prime Runner sidebar [SR5 p64] and Sum to 14 with availability capped at 18 and device ratings at 6 on equipment!  The price for such generosity is that I want runners who can fulfil the roles of at least two normal runners (I expect some party crossover) or even be able to go it alone for periods of time.   You will receive one free contact which is likely to be an orc fixer called Torrent.  Try to stick to RAW where possible but I’m not above considering options ‘outside the box’.  All races etc (included infected) are possible although you’ll need a damn good reason to play a centaur!

Game Style is likely to be more Trenchcoat than Mohawk (one of the reasons for the centaur comment) so just bear that in mind when coming up with your characters…they will be powerful individuals who have worked hard (or been extremely lucky) to get to where they are.  I would like to see detailed character backgrounds with (or possibly even before) any stats.  Given the nature of pbp I suggest Face is a secondary role for anyone who wants to take that on but all runners should have some social skills for dealing with the movers and shakers of the European shadows (although there’s no reason why your runner can’t be a jet setter from the UCAS or further afield, called on for their particular expertise). 

I will provide you with transport to the UK and a suitably sized ground vehicle for getting around (although it won’t have the bells and whistles of a true ‘rigger van’) and a disposable SIN for the duration of the run.  It’s up to you what the attached ID is but I suggest you wait until I reveal more about the run.

This will be an ongoing subthread of my 2075 persistent world thread and rewards will be the same… you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…there are also bonus rewards for submitting info to the campaign page on Obsidian Portal (character sheet, contact details etc…) https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/.  Every post there counts as an IC post for reward purposes.

Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-13-15/1023:54> »
I want in  :)

Role: Gun-Adept/Investigator/Infiltrator from the ADL

Some more Details: Ork Adept with Warrior Codex, Dragonslayer Mentor Spirit and a serious chivalry complex.
Name: Pankratz Schmied alias Isaint (Ice Saint)
« Last Edit: <04-13-15/1656:00> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-13-15/1144:14> »
I will upgrade and update my Amerind Martial Artist physical/social adept for 5e and give it a try.  I have done very little in 5e, so I am a blank slate, adventure-wise.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-13-15/1602:38> »
Ive got a changeling technomancer of a couple different ideas.

So like here is the roughs of My technomancer concepts

Mafia Don - This guy is kinda in charge of a small time mafia group. Technomancer/Face Possibly a changeling with Neotry, and tends to use his short size to be more intimidating. Or he might go down a slightly different path and be something of the good don.

Experiment 1009 - This version he gets captured at a young age and subjected to various sorts of expirments intended to awaken the technomancer to figure out how to mass produce them. When he awakes however he manages to delete all their data on him and now shadowruns to slowly eradicate the entire vein of research.

Digital Ghost - This man doesn't exist. Facial recognition can't find him because his face looks like everyone elses and his own digital footprint has been erased as well. Tends to take on mostly tech based jobs though he might go down assassinations and smuggling as well.

Overwatcher - This version however does exist. And often ends up building his current runs into digital maps for Shadowrun Online and Darksprint, the knockoff version. Uses small unit tactics, leadership and the like to assist.

Data dog - This one absorbed a huge amount of data off the internet.As a result.. well he knows a lot of everything (Takes those knowledge skill things) An alternate version is where the character is an old man having a larger amount of time to gather the info.
« Last Edit: <04-13-15/2157:26> by Triskavanski »
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-13-15/1633:56> »
I am in... I'll roll a generalist.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-13-15/1724:48> »
Lets throw a combat decker into the mix.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #6 on: <04-13-15/1929:38> »
I've never played in one of your games before.
This could be fun. If there's room, count me in if you'll have me.

I've always wanted to do an Ork Kendo master. Probably an adept, but that just seems so "par for the course" so maybe not. Perhaps he could be related to Jack's ork...
I also have a soft spot in my heart for this elven machine gunner from chicago, former merc named Weedy I made a long time ago. I could tune her up to your specs.

Lemme know, eh?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-13-15/2127:58> »
I'm interested, I can go with a human combat adept from the streets, Amerind Street shaman, since the party doesn't have a mage yet. Let me know if theres enough room.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-14-15/0753:55> »
I've never played in one of your games before.
This could be fun. If there's room, count me in if you'll have me.

I've always wanted to do an Ork Kendo master. Probably an adept, but that just seems so "par for the course" so maybe not. Perhaps he could be related to Jack's ork...
I also have a soft spot in my heart for this elven machine gunner from chicago, former merc named Weedy I made a long time ago. I could tune her up to your specs.

Lemme know, eh?
There's always room!

Mage and Samurai roles are so far 'unfilled' so if you and Saithor wanted to cover those that would be great...if you want to play something else then I've no problem with that either, I always tailor the opposition to the current posters to keep you on your toes without under or overwhelming you (at least in theory!) :)

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-14-15/0757:52> »
Oh just because I'm a Technomancer doesn't mean the technomancer really fills a decker's roll, though admittedly, being able to start with more skills and attributes and dosh does allow me to get much closer.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-14-15/0826:55> »
Putting down a marker here, I have a high-powered character that I'd like to roll by you. If I had to quickly describe her, she's a mix between Irene Adler in the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies and Catwoman in Nolan's Dark Night Rises. She specializes in infiltration (sneaking, a bit of hacking, etc.), knows how to defend herself and sweet talk herself out of bad situations. She travels around a lot, going from gigs to gigs until she "outstays her welcome".
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <04-14-15/0840:50> »
Oh just because I'm a Technomancer doesn't mean the technomancer really fills a decker's roll, though admittedly, being able to start with more skills and attributes and dosh does allow me to get much closer.
I like the sound of your concepts - some of them might be harder to integrate than others but I'll work with whichever you like to bring you into the action...

As an aside there is precedent in my 2075 games for something like the Experiment concept...abusing technos is a theme that has been quite important in my games (not that I have anything against them you understand!)...

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-14-15/0849:28> »
The experiment one could go super uncomfortable for everyone involved in the game depending on how grim and dark I make the backstory. Though I do have a bit of a hard time playing serious characters as I tend to be a bit more mohawky than a dark broody and tortured soul.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <04-14-15/0920:14> »
I'll do the mage then, I just have one request, I'm going to be using the Chaos Mentor spirit, but can it be a coyote mentor spirit for purposes of fluff? It's still the Chaos mentor spirit benefeits, just y character thinks it's the Coyote.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-14-15/1233:30> »
I'll do the mage then, I just have one request, I'm going to be using the Chaos Mentor spirit, but can it be a coyote mentor spirit for purposes of fluff? It's still the Chaos mentor spirit benefeits, just y character thinks it's the Coyote.
I have no problem with that!  All for taking RAW and renaming it - if the rules are the same then it's no skin off my nose!