NEWS

Full body armour modification

• 30 Replies

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <03-24-13/0023:16> »
PPP is armor.

SecureTech is an armor modifier, not an armor system. The rules are very clear how to treat SecureTech for encumberance, it's the same as you treat helmets and shields.

FFBA is armor.

Agree with you here on this one.

Shields are armor, but you don't wear them.

Shields are armor modifiers, they're not armor in and of themselves.

Does that mean you could use a shield with this?

I'd allow a character to use a shield with military-grade armors. I think they'd look like a Lance Defender from Borderlands, if you're looking for a visual representation.

If you allow the PPP, why limit it to the external stuff?

The fluff for the military-grade armor says the armor is custom fitted to the individual user, and that changing a suit of armor to another individual is a time-consuming process, even if the two individuals are of similar physical build. Now you want to introduce additional substance beneath the armor suit? I personally would not allow that, and I'll be the first to admit it's purely GM discretion here.

It's a silly mental image.  The MilSpec armor looks like what the Master Chief wears in Halo.  Can you picture him slipping pads over his armor?

I'd expect it would look something like an EOD bombsuit, once you include all the bells and whistles. Though if you look at the picture on page 50 of Arsenal, I see Jamie Hyneman in his armor.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015