Catalyst Game Labs > Official Announcements

Gun Heaven 2 is released! Fifty--that's right, fifty!--new guns!

<< < (14/14)

Wakshaani:
Color me jealous, then!

And there's some for vehicles as well?

Dude.

*dude*

hobgoblin:

--- Quote from: Carmody on ---I have not read the whole discussion, but I agree that all weapons of any given category seem to be copy-paste.
However this is not very surprising given that:
   - the dissimulation value has been removed (one less option to differentiate two weapons)
   - more important to me: the amount of modifications that can be done afterward on weapons makes them very similar: this one does not have a smartgun, I'll add it later. This one has a better recoil compensation, I can add the same on this other one. Built-in modifications could be a very good and easy way to create some diversity among weapons, but this ability is killed by the modifications rules.
OK for the ones that are trying to find the limits with maximum possible optimisation, then the base package makes some sort of difference, but it is even worse: there is almost 1 single best weapon per category :(

I do not say that modifications shall be forbidden, but that they are part of the explanation why all weapons look alike.
my two cents

--- End quote ---
And this is different from real life how?

CanRay:

--- Quote from: Bull on ---Wak:  I've seen them.  And that's pretty much exactly what they are.  the only way they'd be cooler is if they doubled as a deck of Playing Cards. :)
--- End quote ---
I keep wanting to have my future told using my Deadlands deck, but I'm afraid of what I'll awaken if I try.  ;D

Carmody:

--- Quote from: hobgoblin on ---And this is different from real life how?

--- End quote ---

I don't know. I have zero knowledge in weapon-smith and have no clue about what changes a decent weapon-smith can make on a weapon.
How easy/hard it is to turn a revolver to FA mode, how easy/hard it is to reduce the barrel of a submachine gun (say an UZI)... I guess in those cases it is pretty hard but I may be proven wrong!

But, are there that many differences between current weapons of the same category? I mean, differences that can be expressed in SR4 statistics or modifications.
And in case realistic aspect opposes to interesting gameplay, which one should prevail?

PS: these are really open questions, I do not try to promote any answer :)

hobgoblin:

--- Quote from: CanRay on ---
--- Quote from: Bull on ---Wak:  I've seen them.  And that's pretty much exactly what they are.  the only way they'd be cooler is if they doubled as a deck of Playing Cards. :)
--- End quote ---
I keep wanting to have my future told using my Deadlands deck, but I'm afraid of what I'll awaken if I try.  ;D

--- End quote ---
Heh, tempting the great huckster?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version