NEWS

old guns

• 32 Replies

Grimnahr

• Newb
  • Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Sperethiel
« Reply #15 on: <05-18-11/0312:53> »
WOW looks like i opened a can of old Russian 7.62x39 (which i have plenty of by the way ..zombies you know) ok ok I own ALOT of firearms
and all i wanted was some rules lol ....and yes single action army's are made by several companies the two I own are made by Uberti a company in Italy ..ya ya I know but they bought the plans from colt a few years back (dont know the date) both in .357 and I love them. so if somebody has house rules that would rock ...... by the way i have lots and lots of guns if you have questions ask if i dont have the answer ill find it   
What do you mean "REAL" coffee is better than SoyCaf?!?!?!

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #16 on: <05-18-11/0645:28> »
Okay, the mandatory weapon for the noncybered would be a Mateba autorevolver.  The hell is an autorevolver?  Don't tell me they're those burst fire modified Super Warhawk monstrosities.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #17 on: <05-18-11/1026:56> »
"Autorevolver" is a revolver that has a mechanism to automatically rotate the cylinder to the next shot, as opposed to the user's finger pull rotating the cylinder.

Usually this mechanism uses either the recoil force of firing, or it bleeds off expanding gasses from the barrel, much like regular automatic weapons.

It's more or less an answer to a question nobody asked.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <05-18-11/1123:43> »
Autorevolver is an "Automatically Cocking Revolver", an attempt at getting a revolver to do what a semiautomatic pistol does naturally.

One of the earliest versions I've heard about was a Webley design from WWI, in which the British were criticized about finding a way "To make revolvers unreliable", as the mud of France clogged the mechanism quite badly.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Warwolf

• Newb
  • I see you.
« Reply #19 on: <05-18-11/1443:52> »
If you want rules for flintlock weapons I can tell you its about 5 to 10 combat rounds to reload the damn things. On top of that flintlock pistols/rifles were highly inaccurate(heavy negative dice pool modifier to hit). The bullet rarely went in the direction the barrel was pointing because flintlocks were rarely rifled, which is the process of adding grooves to the inside of the barrel to help the bullet stay on course. The reason this was never added was because it made reloading the weapon take even longer as well as forcing the user to clean the barrel between shots so the black gunpower wouldn't clog things up.

It probably also wouldn't do a lot of damage due to the simple spheres it used as bullets.

I recommend instead that you take the stats for a modern day gun and say that it looks like a flintlock or is a modified flintlock passed down in the family(and modified throughout the years). The only other solution is just do what they did in the old days and carry multiple loaded flintlocks so you only have to reload when you run out of guns.
« Last Edit: <05-18-11/1447:09> by Warwolf »
"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."
-Moliere

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-18-11/1452:47> »
Carry a bunch of Eichiro Hatamotos if you want that experience; the gun for those supremely confident in their accuracy  Don't for get to get a golden Custom Look.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #21 on: <05-18-11/2320:59> »
Carry a bunch of Eichiro Hatamotos if you want that experience; the gun for those supremely confident in their accuracy  Don't for get to get a golden Custom Look.
And a fancy-pants bandolier of weird and wacky Shotgun rounds.... Flare rounds, Bolas, Shock-Locks.... etc
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #22 on: <05-19-11/1205:08> »
And a fancy-pants bandolier of weird and wacky Shotgun rounds.... Flare rounds, Bolas, Shock-Locks.... etc
I use that pistol, all silenced out and chameleon coated, as my go to holdout pistol (makes a good sneaky assassins weapon too). I always say mine are break-action to keep it shotgun-ish!

Grimnahr

• Newb
  • Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Sperethiel
« Reply #23 on: <05-19-11/1214:38> »
@warwolf dude I know all that .... I wasn't looking on a dissertation on the accuracy or loading time for a flint/cap and ball muzzle loader.
And why would a muzzle loader be any less deadly than a newer weapon sure it might not fire a projectile as far or accurate but a .58 or .69 caliber mini ball is way bigger than some 9mm ... and hunting rifles were rifled more often than not, most military weapons were smooth bore
and multiple flintlock pistols were called a brace if i recall correctly

« Last Edit: <05-19-11/1229:46> by Grimnahr »
What do you mean "REAL" coffee is better than SoyCaf?!?!?!

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <05-19-11/1257:02> »
A brace of pistols and a cutlass goes well with Water Sprite and a Cephalapoidal Skull.

Warwolf

• Newb
  • I see you.
« Reply #25 on: <05-19-11/1753:44> »
My apologies Grimnahr, I didn't mean to upset you.

As for the bullet, I assumed that the general design of bullets had changed over the years allowing more aerodynamic efficiency as well as possibly better penetrating power. The fact that muzzloader bullets don't shoot as far, as you said, implies they impact with less force than regular bullets. I could be wrong though. : \
« Last Edit: <05-19-11/1802:51> by Warwolf »
"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."
-Moliere

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <05-19-11/1834:51> »
Um, those old Muzzleloaders threw out some heavy lead (.75 Caliber in some cases!  Possibly larger!) at a velocity that transferred all of the kinetic force to the body.  No through-and-through and only a small bullet hole, we're talking massive internal injuries at a time when bone saws were the highest technology available.

On the flipside, useless against modern body armor.  Even more so if you got some "Chicken Plate".

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #27 on: <05-19-11/2031:52> »
Would orichalcum ball in a muzzle loader be usable as a projectile  in the Astral?
Andrew Grim

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <05-19-11/2053:07> »
What about a Super-Squirt full of FAB-III?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <05-19-11/2106:10> »
Would orichalcum ball in a muzzle loader be usable as a projectile  in the Astral?
No, but it would be one hell of an expensive shot!

The man with the Orichalcum Gun?  (A Free Spirit who looks like Christopher Lee, who, ironically, is one of the people who was the basis for James Bond.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11