NEWS

Any Plans for Sponsoring an Official Event on a Bullet Train in Japan 12/24/2012

• 5 Replies

RunnerPaul

• Newb
« on: <12-22-10/1843:16> »
So, does CGL have any plans in the works for reserving a block of seats on whatever bullet train will be passing Mt. Fuji the evening of December 24th 2012? I know that over the years some of the more obsessed fans had expressed interest in catching a ride there on that fateful date, which will probably result in at least an informal meetup, but it would be awesome if there were any sort of full blown company-sponsored event to observe the occasion. Sure, we're still two years out, but since it would involve international travel for many, some advanced time to plan would certainly be welcome.
First Printing Un-numbered Hardcovers -- 1st & 2nd Editions
186/1000 -- 3rd Edition Limited
820/1000 -- 4th Edition Limted
615/1500 -- 20th Annivesary Edition Limited

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <12-22-10/2252:11> »
So, does CGL have any plans in the works for reserving a block of seats on whatever bullet train will be passing Mt. Fuji the evening of December 24th 2012? I know that over the years some of the more obsessed fans had expressed interest in catching a ride there on that fateful date, which will probably result in at least an informal meetup, but it would be awesome if there were any sort of full blown company-sponsored event to observe the occasion. Sure, we're still two years out, but since it would involve international travel for many, some advanced time to plan would certainly be welcome.

Actually, it's NEXT year. Ryumyo appears on Dec. 24th, 2011.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: <12-23-10/0115:13> »
Reserve tickets now... 8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kerebrus

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-23-10/1454:04> »
back in the usenet days we discussed Seattle Space needle meetup on one of the key dates.  We are a bunch of fanboy geeks.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #4 on: <12-23-10/1554:01> »
It's looking like Japan is my next duty station. I'll keep everyone informed, I can't make any guarantees about my gaming instincts shining through and me trying to slay any dragons I see however.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Dread Moores

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-28-10/1214:55> »
No, but I'm working up a one-shot for some local gamers (taking place sometime between Christmas and New Years 2011) that'll feature players taking part as the two sides of the proto-NAN/USA conflict in the internment camps. Short build up to the epic late night conflict as the native prisoners do their walk-out. Should be fun. :)