NEWS

It Must be stated

• 107 Replies

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #90 on: <09-09-10/1220:01> »
ok, don't want to be a party pooper, but the guy who first added this post _-Target-_ , he's not even answering to this post anymore, may I suggest we pass to another subject, we pretty much covered the whole thing :-\

and btw, just to be sure there's no confusion, I say this in a very friendly manner :) (it's just that after the second page people started to repeat themselves a lot)
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #91 on: <09-09-10/1237:34> »
It's 2072, 62 years from now. Maybe they DO all use a clip?
It's obvious from artwork and the descriptions of what a "clip" is (and what it does, and how many rounds it holds, and that they're caseless rounds which would make using an actual clip difficult)...nah.

They're just calling a magazine a clip, is all.  *shrugs*  It's wrong, but not game-breakingly so, or worth a boycott or anything.  I just tell myself "clip" became the accepted term (for what is technically a magazine) sometime over the next 40+ years.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #92 on: <09-09-10/1245:38> »
I figured as much, just thought I'd toss it out there. And kind of on the subject, over 62 years, the word may have changed meaning:

Eight words which have completely changed their meaning over time

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #93 on: <09-09-10/1500:44> »
*singing*This is the tread that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friends*Sings*
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #94 on: <09-09-10/1521:52> »
I figured as much, just thought I'd toss it out there. And kind of on the subject, over 62 years, the word may have changed meaning:

Anybody remember the OLD meaning of "gay"?
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #95 on: <09-09-10/1522:58> »

Anybody remember the OLD meaning of "gay"?
Exteremely happy and Joyous?
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #96 on: <09-09-10/1530:01> »
10 points for the Minotaur  :)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #97 on: <09-09-10/1531:28> »
It's not like that's exactly esoteric and ancient word usage, mind.  It comes up every Christmas, at the very least.  ;)

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #98 on: <09-09-10/1621:28> »

hahaha, yup :P
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #99 on: <09-09-10/1802:15> »
Yep.  It's one of those things that can be mildly annoying to those in the know, but it's hardly something to get worked up over.

As a real life Law Enforcement-type, yeah. It can be, but only when you get someone who starts talking like they are an expert on the subject. It only truly bugs me when, for example, some "armchair" gunbunny lectures me on something about the firearm I carry on duty as if I was some idiot.

Besides, sometimes it's good for the masses to be slightly ignorant on some things. Makes my job easier.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #100 on: <09-10-10/0126:03> »
the thing is that its not a mis-stated term because some of the guns do use magazines.

Yeah, internal magazines, like in a pump action shotgun.

This is why common parlance uses "clip" to refer to "Dat ting what puts bullets in a shooter" and "magazine" for internal mags which need to be filled bullet to gun.

Hooray!  Learning, accomplished?

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #101 on: <09-10-10/1751:24> »
This isn't even close.  Another board I'm on has a Free Will thread over 200 pages long with thousands of posts, all on the same endlessly circling non-debate.  It's amazing.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #102 on: <09-10-10/2246:57> »
This isn't even close.  Another board I'm on has a Free Will thread over 200 pages long with thousands of posts, all on the same endlessly circling non-debate.  It's amazing.

Hopefully the thread will implode when reaching 9999 posts ;D(talking of the 200 pages thread)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #103 on: <09-10-10/2251:21> »
I guess it all depends upon whether or not this board has a maximum page/post limit.  We'll see.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #104 on: <09-10-10/2253:23> »
You do know that you guys that are complaining about the thread never ending are the same guys bumping it to the top and contributing -- meaninglessly -- to it over and over again, right?