NEWS

Applying Missions Rewards

• 5 Replies

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« on: <12-03-15/1359:14> »
So, about a month ago, I had the pleasure of playing some Missions-legal sessions at GameHoleCon. Of the five sessions, I've applied three of them to one of my characters (Steel Horse) and the other two I haven't applied yet. One of the sessions was done with Steel Horse and the other with another character.

For applying those missions, the GM told us that we could apply them to any character, but I'm wondering if that was more meant for the people who were playing pre-gens. The main reason I ask is that the alternate character that I used in the one session was a Rigger and it's extremely likely that he'll need to be redone from the ground up later this month when Rigger 5.0 drops in PDF. I'd probably want to apply both of the unapplied MIssions to him (or make up a couple of options with both applied for my next con and choose on the ground).

Is this legal and within the spirit of how Missions works?

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <12-04-15/0757:41> »
Strictly speaking, the "apply them to any character" would have been aimed at the pre-gen characters or at first time players that came with a made character (typically from the make a character sessions.)  That being said, I know at many tables the rule of thumb is, that you may mulligan a character after the first session/con (I say con because you don't have the time to rebuild at a con if you keep jumping from 1 table to the next) and that any rewards you earned will still apply after the mulligan.

The only thing that is helpful for you to keep is the name so other players may remember when they ran with your character before, but even that is not exactly set in stone.

As such, my interpretation is that the rigger will only have the one reward, but you'll be well within your rights to rebuild and play the character after Rigger 5 goes legal. (And yes, you can rebuild in PDF, but would have to wait till 30 days after dead tree to play it)
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #2 on: <12-04-15/0823:01> »
Well, I was a first time player with characters straight out of chargen, but fairly optimized.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-07-15/1420:26> »
officially you only get a mulligan if playing a pregen or a newly created character from the Build A Runner Workshop (formerly Welcome to the Sixth World/Into the Shadows) where you may not have played exactly what you wanted and get a once shot rebuild and can the apply the reward to the new character

otherwise the character used on the mission would be the one getting the reward
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #4 on: <12-07-15/1433:06> »
officially you only get a mulligan if playing a pregen or a newly created character from the Build A Runner Workshop (formerly Welcome to the Sixth World/Into the Shadows) where you may not have played exactly what you wanted and get a once shot rebuild and can the apply the reward to the new character

otherwise the character used on the mission would be the one getting the reward
That makes way more sense. Although it makes me have a slight sad because I realized that what I chose in character creation for a certain character did not work out as well in practice as I wanted. I want to swap Blades for Unarmed Combat and his swords/knives for cyber-implants.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #5 on: <12-11-15/2026:28> »
well as long as that character has only played its first mission (not counting build a runner workshop) you can change it up and do exactly the modification you want to do.