NEWS

[SR5] Chrome Flesh

• 280 Replies

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <06-30-15/0259:30> »
Honk if you love Internal Routers.

I can't because... well I don't really 'get' it.

I think it is for those items that have some kind of wireless bonus.. but don't really need to go out to the Matrix to provide that bonus..
For example, wireless bonuses on Cyberlimb Accessories like Cyber Holsters, Cyberarm Gyro Mounts, Hydraulic Jacks..

At least that is how I read it..

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <06-30-15/0327:43> »
If it is... I think I can hear the deckers drawing breath for a collective howl of rage.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <06-30-15/0331:37> »
Why are Nanotattoos 12F?  Seems kind of odd for something so cosmetic.. I could understand the Rating 3 version being.. restricted.. but Forbidden?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <06-30-15/0340:19> »
Camouflage

Nanotattoos can provide effective camouflage, if
you have a full body treatment and you’re not wearing
much, imposing a –1 dice pool modifier to Perception
tests to detect you visually.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #64 on: <06-30-15/0348:56> »

I think it is for those items that have some kind of wireless bonus.. but don't really need to go out to the Matrix to provide that bonus..
For example, wireless bonuses on Cyberlimb Accessories like Cyber Holsters, Cyberarm Gyro Mounts, Hydraulic Jacks..

I think it is more to do with cyberware that must be online to be compatible should as Reflex Enhancers and Wired. The router does not cover normal wireless bonuses I think.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <06-30-15/0356:46> »
Hmm, also noticed they halved the cost of Skilljacks.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <06-30-15/0359:52> »
Why are Nanotattoos 12F?  Seems kind of odd for something so cosmetic.. I could understand the Rating 3 version being.. restricted.. but Forbidden?

Nanos have become very unfriendly little bastards lately... carrying CFD and all. Maybe that's a reflection of it... just guessing cause I have no other real ideas.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <06-30-15/0408:46> »

So, If Your char got some Nanotattos a few Years ago, when they were Hip,Cool and Legal, He now gets arrested for being Tatooed ???
Is that supposed to be funny , Sad ,or a Facepalm ? (I'm really not sure....)

with an unsure Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <06-30-15/0412:06> »

So, If Your char got some Nanotattos a few Years ago, when they were Hip,Cool and Legal, He now gets arrested for being Tatooed ???
Is that supposed to be funny , Sad ,or a Facepalm ? (I'm really not sure....)

with an unsure Dance
Medicineman

Well, plus there's the whole thing of no-one actually legally sells this stuff anymore.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <06-30-15/0414:04> »

Oh.. ok so they did make one part of the system cheaper though not to the extreme that the German book listed. 

Oh! Custom drugs.  Can finally make that Drop Trooper from David Weber's Furies series (Path of the Fury and In Fury Born) with their "Tick" combat drug.
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0416:36> by Miri »

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #70 on: <06-30-15/0418:17> »
Loved the opening fiction, and the half page sidebar explaining the chapters is a big help.

OK, I've just got the pdf and only just started reading it, but that opening story was brilliant!
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #71 on: <06-30-15/0438:08> »
Woah.. Uncanny Healer on a Technomancer or Mage.. heal up that Fade/Drain damage REALLY fast.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <06-30-15/0716:53> »
AH! I don't *believe* that multi-jacks would stack, BUT, there's now a cyber-ear mod that will.
(My personal menatl image is akin to this:)
http://img06.deviantart.net/7b64/i/2010/174/a/c/mecha_manga_girl_by_psssking.jpg
(Your milage may vary, of course!)
Even with all the goodness of the new book (just downloaded, but work and all... :-[), I'm still drawn to pretty pictures...sigh... ;)

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <06-30-15/0732:41> »

Sounds interesting. I had understood that wireless bonuses came for two reasons, the in world one of needing extra processing power/information from the matrix, and the game reason of being hackable (though to be fair, that requires so many actions as to be incredibly niche - maybe handy against Cyberzombies). By that logic they either shouldn't ever need the matrix, and have no wireless bonuses, or should need the matrix and should get them. Of course, some of the wireless bonuses looked a little hard to justify on that basis.

adzling

« Reply #74 on: <06-30-15/0735:55> »
yeah i noticed that too, good move imho.

Also the Renraku skillwires package gives a little essence discount for rating 4 wires.
nice!