NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #45 on: <07-12-13/2004:42> »
Pg. 343, top of the Employer Table, on a result of 2, Secrety Society. Should read Secret Society.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-12-13/2243:57> »
p 227.

"although protection on files does, The Edit File action, p. 239"

The "The" is either improperly bolded and capitalized, superfluous, or should have been preceded by a "see."

Nemesis

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <07-13-13/0308:05> »
Pg. 343, top of the Employer Table, on a result of 2, Secrety Society. Should read Secret Society.
Or possibly Secretary Society. Even in the sixth world they're who really organizes things and handles all the legwork, even when it comes to hiring runners.

p65 (top right paragraph) says that trolls need to pay 50% more for all gear, with no mention of a modified cost for dwarves.
p420 under Size Costs says that equipment size modification costs for both metatypes is included in a Lifestyle cost modifier.

Which is correct?

Tali_Zephyr

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <07-13-13/1224:42> »
p65 (top right paragraph) says that trolls need to pay 50% more for all gear, with no mention of a modified cost for dwarves.
p420 under Size Costs says that equipment size modification costs for both metatypes is included in a Lifestyle cost modifier.

Which is correct?

I've been told it was decided it should just be the increased lifestyle cost.  Paying extra for all gear, while it may be more realistic is just way to harsh.

Deverash

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: <07-13-13/1720:40> »
The Movement Table (referened in the Movement rules) isn't broken out into a table, but is included in the example of movement on page 162

cip

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <07-13-13/2045:05> »
I'm not sure about all these, but I guess it can't hurt to contribute this:
  • I couldn't find the definition of the augmented maximum, although it is mentioned in the "Increase Attribute" adept power for
    example. Maybe my search function doesn't work.
  • Is it intended that a character with an initiative roll < 11 can't take the full defense option that round?
  • It is not clear for how long the effects of the "take cover" action last.
Really nice job on the book, by the way.

Tali_Zephyr

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <07-13-13/2154:33> »
  • I couldn't find the definition of the augmented maximum, although it is mentioned in the "Increase Attribute" adept power for
    example. Maybe my search function doesn't work.

I posted this on www.shadowrun.com forums as well:
Hidden in just one place. P94, second column, 2nd full paragraph

"Keep in mind there are three restrictions when it comes to purchasing gear. First, when purchasing aug-mentations such as cyberware and bioware, each attri-bute rating (Mental and Physical) can only receive an augmentation bonus of up to +4. If the attribute being raised has not reached its natural maximum limit, the attribute can be raised naturally with Karma; but at no point can augmentations exceed the +4 bonus cap"

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <07-14-13/0454:40> »
Page 75-76, under the Juryrigger quality, in the uses:

• Temporarily coax extra performance from a
vehicle’s or drone’s components, increasing its
Sensor or Handling by +1 (if combined with bonuses
from Gearhead, the vehicle’s or drone’s
critical components completely burn out at the
end of the duration from being pushed well beyond
their limits; at that point, the vehicle or
drone becomes a big paperweight).

This section is missing the duration of the effect.

Nemesis

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <07-14-13/0739:57> »
p95 - First paragraph - Only standard and alphaware are available during character creation.
p451 - Cyberware and Bioware Grades - Standard, alphaware, and used are available during character creation.

As a side note, assuming the latter rule is correct and you can purchase Used Alphaware at creation, this combination requires the normal amount of essence, but has -2 availability and 90% of the cost. This lets a starting character buy cyber/bioware cheaper than normal while also getting items with a normal availability of 14. The availability isn't an issue as all cyber/bio in the main rulebook jump from availability 12 to 15/16 so nothing is affected, but future products might have items at 13/14. Either way, the free cost reduction is an issue that should be patched.

Mumpy

• Newb
« Reply #54 on: <07-14-13/0804:41> »
Pg 100, in the Example Cont. Box: Because she has ties with the Ancients, an all-elven go-gang, she decides to have two contacts with them—a lieutenant and a rank-and-file gag member.  Should be gang

GDS

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <07-14-13/1050:30> »
Chemical Seal:
pg 436 armor stats table as an option to full body armor
Avail +6, Cost 6000
vs.
pg 437 description (only for full armor) --> pg. 438 armor mods table
Avail 12R,  Cost 3000 (!)

It is probably intentional for keeping the skill groups to 3, but a bit ironic that while Cybertechnology is part of the Biotech skill group yet its counterpart Biotechnology is not...

Mumpy

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <07-14-13/1206:12> »
Pg. 414 Under Addiction, paragraph 3, first sentence:

Every time you use an addictive substance during (11 — Addiction Rating) weeks in a row, you need to make an Addiction Test.

The sentence is awkward.  I think it should say something like: 'Every time you use an addictive substance at least once a week over a period of (11 - Additiction Rating) weeks, you need to make an Addiction Test.'
« Last Edit: <07-14-13/1212:44> by Mumpy »

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #57 on: <07-14-13/1213:22> »
Pg. 132, Hunting Rifles isn't listed as a Specialization of Longarms.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <07-14-13/1214:53> »
As a side note, assuming the latter rule is correct and you can purchase Used Alphaware at creation
There's no such think as used alpha anymore, used is its own seperate grade now.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

GDS

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: <07-14-13/1430:10> »
pg 444 optical & imaging devices table
Monocle (Capacity 1–4)  avail 12R   cost 3,000¥   ???
Obviously repeated from mage sight goggles in the previous row

pg 444 vision enhancement is Rating-based, but no maximum is specified for Rating
« Last Edit: <07-14-13/1447:23> by GDS »