NEWS

[SR5] [SRM5] Under-the-radar Technomancer

• 18 Replies

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-14-13/2319:07> »
If I am remembering correctly this was back before qualities were in and metahumans HAD to pick an allergy of some sort. The book "Changeling" made mention of the main character's fingers itching when he used a computer to type (the book was following the character creation rules at the time and there were I believe 3 choices...plastic, gold, or silver).

mercaptan

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-15-13/1628:11> »
Its true about the conductor thing, but silver is better, and that's cheaper.  Gold's advantage is that it resists corrosion, so it is used in many contacts (almost always sealed away inside a housing), basically the bits of metal that close and open to form an electrical connection.  However you're not going to see gold wires, as gold has a tendency to melt at high temperatures, and its really expensive. 

I don't know about other versions, but really, if a DM is going to say cyberware has gold parts that are significant enough to trigger allergies, then...well, don't choose gold.  Though its like saying the tiny amount of radiation that modern LCD monitors gives off will give you cancer, as in within the next year.

Of course, being a technomancer, I'm not planning on getting any cyberware, so not a huge problem. I was actually thinking of seafood since it does show up as an example of a common allergy.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #17 on: <09-15-13/1843:39> »
Seafood is a bigger deal than it may seem.  In the Sixth World, krill is used for lot of food, almost as much as soy is.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

mercaptan

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-15-13/1957:56> »
Seafood is a bigger deal than it may seem.  In the Sixth World, krill is used for lot of food, almost as much as soy is.

I'd forgotten that. Well, still makes for a balanced bad quality then.