Runner Noir

• 23 Replies

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #15 on: <09-28-11/0853:49> »
Bump for more  ;)

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #16 on: <03-11-12/2006:50> »
new chapter folks, i'll keep them coming though they might be a little slow at times

Chapter 6
They arrived piecemeal over the course of that day, and as they arrived they were either put to work looking for information, or else finding and prepping gear. When we were finished with Karpov, Tank Girl went back to the warehouse that was to serve as our base of operations to tinker with the drones that she would drive as well as the old Ares Roadmaster that I had managed to lay my hands on. It wasn’t a patch on the one my team had back when I ran the shadows, but it was a start, and it was here. I in turn went to the bar that I had met Valentine and Yukina in to wait for the others. The first to arrive at the bar was Eddie and The Mouse, I had in fact told him to be sure to get there first with Mouse so that he could start working people for information. Mouse was a large female troll hacker that would be our matrix over watch, her avatar, and thus her handle, was a troll sized cartoon mouse from the last century. Her handle was because of her real name, Jeri, and the fact that a Knight Errant counter-hacker was always after her in the avatar of a cat from the same cartoon. Eddie was also our resident tech head, he would hand build if necessary any of the tech we needed for this run, as well as handle any of the negotiations that would be required if we simply talked our way through the situation. If that was what happened then the follow on part of the team was strictly redundant.

While Eddie handled people, Mouse the matrix and Tank Girl was our mobility and air support, the next two to come into the bar was my close in support in any firefight we might find ourselves in. I was a gunslinger, shotguns, pistols and explosives were my specialty in combat, the first of the next two was a changeling named Seito. Seito  was 12 when the comet passed overhead in 61, and at 23 he had managed to master just about every armed and many unarmed martial arts disciplines. Hand to hand combat was his specialty and he never stopped training in one way or another. The other thing was that like me he was an adept, so as long as he used polymer blades or none at all he could walk through any amount of security and take out his target without them getting a sniff of him being a threat. The final member of the terrible trio as I had privately nicknamed the team was their leader, a mage called Heartbreaker. Heartbreaker was not just their leader and mage, but a trained combat medic as well as being Eddie’s nephew. With just a mage an adept and a hacker, the team was a little magic heavy and I had been looking for a Sammie with a good fit to team them up with. TG worked well with them and hung out with mouse usually in the matrix, but they needed a permanent gunman to work with them as well, someone who wouldn’t look to the arcane to find an answer that was simply mundane.

Seito stood a little shorter than my five foot seven height and Heartbreaker a little taller so when the cat eared changeling walked in with the human mage in tow there was no shortage of stares. Noting this I waved them over to the same “goon booth” that I had occupied for the original meet with Yuki and Valentine. “Boy’s,” I said nodding to them and gesturing for them to sit. “Some friends of mine have a bit of a problem; therefore I have a problem you understand.” The two of them nodded their understanding so I continued. “A few days ago the sister of the local Vory leader disappeared as did the brother of a highly placed mafia leader. The mafia man is here for some internal book keeping and has no power over the local goons. The problem is that the brother is also the husband of a Yakuza princess who never accended the throne. Therefore all three syndicates are being squeezed for control of a strip of territory between the docks and the courthouse and only one has the ability to hand over that control. The local arrangement is that all the organized crime syndicates work somewhat together and stick to certain territories and borders within the city. The city heart however, the area around the courthouse and city center is left alone for city and corporate uses. The current theory is that someone is soon to come to court and the kidnappings are a way to open a lane for an extraction. Now we don’t know if this is going to pull the people going to court out or if it’s a matter of a hit team extracting after shooting the judge. But what we do know is the path they’re taking when they do whatever it is they plan, and we don’t expect them to turn their hostages loose afterwards. This group is obviously not planning on staying in the area and could care less if they kick off not just a syndicate war in the city, but a possible civil war inside those syndicates as well.

“That would not be good.” Heartbreaker said after I had given them the low down. “And I suppose you expect us to come to the rescue of your friends?”

“I wouldn’t have called you over here otherwise.” I told him. “Oh you’re gonna get paid for it and well.” I continued. “The problem is we don’t know what their time table is, their target, or where they are keeping our targets.”

“As well as whom they are.” Seito piped in. “Hell, sounds like fun, I’m in” he finished and I nodded. Glancing at Heartbreaker he nodded as well and I grinned.

“Alright then here’s ten thousand each up front for lodging and expenses as well as what intel we have to date,” I told the two of them sliding over two certified credsticks. “The syndicates are working on intel for who the target is and what the possible window is. Tank Girl is working over the drones at a warehouse and Eddy is pushing for intel on where our targets might be hidden. The three of us are on direct action so keep your selves loose for a phone call for either when we find them or else when we have to intercept their action plan. That is all.” I finished and the pair nodded before getting up and walking towards the door. “Its so nice dealing with professionals.” I thought watching them leave. They had accepted the job, took the info and contacts, and left without anything in the way of questions. Yes professionals, they would have their own contingency plans in place for their own extractions in case anything went wrong and they would be prepared to kill if necessary. Fifteen minutes after they had left, I got up and returned to the hotel room I was sharing with Tank Girl. I needed some rest, and a nap would suit me just find right about now.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <02-26-13/1429:42> »
I like the story... Would love to see an ending... It's  very well written and paced
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Wolfboy

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-10-13/2110:21> »
thanks, the muse dropped me like a bad habit for the moment so its still a work in progress and i hate pushing things like this
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <03-13-13/0915:07> »
Just as long as the little message gets popped into my alerts I'm happy to wait..... good things can never be rushed
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Nal0n

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <06-02-13/1555:36> »
Like it ... much ... esp. Tank Girl :)

Wolfboy

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <06-02-13/1835:22> »
TG is honestly my first attempt at an AI i figured that giving her a drone body and making her as a straight up pilot would be easier than using her as the decker since i wasnt familiar with hacking rules. Now that i'm learning them as both a GM and a player, (technomancer) i might have to build another AI character

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <06-07-13/0752:37> »
Enjoying the story. Keept it up!
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #23 on: <06-03-15/1159:35> »
Just got back and finished your story: pretty amazing storytelling! Hope the Muse gets back to you soon I mean, after 2 years it's like she at least owes you another chapter! ;)