NEWS

New PC looking to get into PbP (6E)

• 6 Replies

TheSilentMantis

• Newb
« on: <10-15-22/2222:44> »
Hoping to see if anyone is interested in helping out an SR newbie who wants to learn play by post. Able to join Discord servers. I don't have any reliable blocks of time to play a real game, and I really want opportunities to get into fiction writing. Hit me up, and thanks in advance!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-17-22/1540:50> »
I’ve got an SR6 game on RPGCrossing that has 4 active players but we’ve just lost another player so there’s a slot free… we’re just about to leap into the action so you’ll have missed the intel gathering bit, such as it was… if that sounds vaguely interesting then check out https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19038
« Last Edit: <10-17-22/1542:43> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-17-22/1545:52> »
For info we have a technomancer, adept rocker, adept fighter and a rigger so you can probably take on any archetype, although I’d steer away from matrix user…

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <10-17-22/1701:28> »
Aria has been running games for years, so if you are interested in ongoing play it is pretty good to get hooked into their games.  When one wraps up the next one is generally already announced and coming together. 

And this particular run is during the black-out in Toronto (taking the setting from 30 Nights, but not the adventure), hence the not suggesting a matrix based character, as there is not much in the way of matrix.  (The Technomancer is there for story/character-historical reasons).

TheSilentMantis

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-17-22/2103:43> »
I'm interested! Is it newbie friendly, and is there still a dice rolling aspect to the game? I guess I'm just curious how it all works and I'm open to learning, if someone is open to teaching.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-18-22/0256:04> »
I try and make my games as newbie friendly as I can, it helps me to include rules references and spell out what is going on with dice rolls etc as much as possible. Pbp isn’t quick but that has the advantage of allowing plenty of time to research actions.

If you’re interested, skim through the Dark Dreams Story thread, get yourself an RPG Crossing user name and then come up with a character concept and we can take it from there :)

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #6 on: <10-19-22/1612:57> »
There is still dice rolling in PBP!  How that is handled in PBP varies by the site being used:

On RPGCrossing (where Aria's games are currently) there is a built in dice roller utility.  It will take a few uses to get used to the syntax, but basically you include the roller code in your post, and when you save it then it includes the results of the roll. 

Other sites that don't have that built in usually use a dice roller site like Ororkos.com and paste in the linked results.

And yes, on some runs it can still feel like "the dice love me / hate me" :p