NEWS

(IC) Seattle Undercover

• 99 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <02-06-17/1231:05> »
Is this location operationally secure?  I text, glancing around.  I wouldn't want stray ears overhearing us.

I continue aloud Everyone wants something.  We find out what that is, become that something and he will find us.  I suppose it depends on what intel we have, to determine the best course.  What do we know about this guy?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <02-07-17/0850:14> »
"I'd say so, at least since I've started the white noise generator.
So far we know this:
- The leader is an orc called Alverez
- He appears to be a violent psychopath - at least that's the impression our contacts have given us
- He has killed or exiled a lot of the former Halloweener leadership
- He has reorganized and to some extend professionalized the Halloweeners
- He plans to blow up a bunch of fuel trucks in the city - a contact of mine complained about stolen detonators
- The Ancients are keen to see him gone - we managed to get them to pay us for his demise
- We do have another option of steeling a Fuel Truck ourselves and offering it to the Halloweeners, although I'm reluctant to give them more ammo - not to mention that this would be a serious crime.

All in all that leaves us with few options, besides taking a direct look at one of the chapter houses.
If I can get a clear picture and/or description of him, I can create a mental construct to track down his location. After that it's just a regular assault to take care of him."

Max explained to Vultus.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <02-07-17/1430:00> »
A psychopath should be easy then.  We just find the person he wants to kill the most and set up a meet or leak an opportunity too good to pass up.  The Ancients have a beef with him does he want any of them dead?  We don't even have to have the guy for real.  He just needs to think we do.

― Lewis Carroll

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #78 on: <02-07-17/1856:40> »
Is this location operationally secure?  I text, glancing around.  I wouldn't want stray ears overhearing us.

<<@Vultus [Mercury] What makes you think comms are secure?>> he types out smugly, and hits send. 

This, this is why people don't like you, Abran, he worries to himself, but it's too late.  Way to make a first impression.

He vows to play nice, so when Vultus gives her read on the situation he tries to make it work.

"Hard part will be trying to meet wit Alvarez personally.  If we go in like we know his name, they're going to want to know why we do, and why we won't deal with anyone else.  Doubtful a little hit job is going to get us in the room with the boss.  Now manufacturing an opportunity, that could have some legs to it.  I like how you think.  What do you have in mind?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <02-10-17/1037:58> »
Is he a secret then?  Hmm.  We just have to put ourselves in this guys shoes and think like he thinks to do that.  I don't think we have enough intel on this guy yet is all.

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <02-10-17/1131:31> »
"Correct. That's why we want to go on a recon mission. Say, you wouldn't happen to have enhanced your repertoire with cyber-security skills? That might come in handy when we examine their communications.
There is a chapter house of the Halloweeners in the barrens not far from here. The plan is for us to get invisible and sneak inside. After all, they must be in contact with the new boss somehow.
Naturally, I'm prepared to go alone with you as back up, but while I'm maintaining spells I won't be at my full capacity, so I wouldn't mind having on site support."

Max replied.
"But since we won't find our informant here tonight, we might as well get back to base. I'm sure you'll like the place, Vultus."

[spoiler]
Knowledge: Area (Seattle): 9d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-10-17/1551:52> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <02-10-17/1226:57> »
I don't have a deck or anything, but I know a few tricks.  If you are talking full on matrix support though I don't think I can help.

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <02-10-17/1556:17> »
"If it comes to that, I can also create a capable construct to do matrix stuff, but I don't have the necessary hardware.
But there's no sense in growing grey hairs about it. We'll have a look around and see what we can find out.

As long as we don't know when they want to strike we have to assume that it could happen any minute."

Max stood up to pay for their drinks and nodded towards the exit when they came back.
"Are you ready for action, or do you need to gear up first?"
talk think matrix

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #83 on: <02-10-17/1819:27> »
"I'd say a little recon work is a wizzer of an idea," Abran says, filling up a glass for Vultus from his pitcher.  "I'd just as soon go along with you, if you're willing, Gladius.  I can keep my head down and my profile low, even more so if you have some invisibility to spread around.  Vultus, how are you in a clinch?  You want to come with, or run overwatch to make sure we don't step in the drek?"

Abran finishes off his pint, and tips a 20 to Ed off his link while he isn't looking. 

"As for gear, I'm ready to slot and run.  Shall we?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <02-12-17/1615:05> »
"Alright, let's go."
Max got up and led the two back to the parking lot.
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <02-12-17/1859:58> »
I know how to use a gun and i can fight if I have to, but then I don't usually have to.  I'll come along, see what we can see.  Can I get a ride from someone?

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <02-13-17/0430:21> »
"We have a car. For this exercise it will be better not to go near the gangers with bikes of our own.
Mercury, you take the wheel, I'll have to concentrate on creating a suitable construct."

After a quick stop at the base to get all necessary gear, Max began to focus to augment his body and abilities.

[spoiler]
Summoning:
Summoning F7(8) Spirit of Men: 15d6t5 7
Spirit resist: 8d6t5 3
Drain resist: 11d6t5 4
2 Drain, 4 Services
Optional Abilities: Increase Reflexes, Improved Intuition
Spirit Channeled

2 Services: Cast and maintain both spells on Max
Increase Reflexes F8: 16d6t5 8
+8 Ini +4d6
Drain resist: 16d6t5 7
1 Stun
Increase Intuition F6: 1614d6t5 4[16d6t5=5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3, 1, 1, 4, 4, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 1]
Drain resist: 16d6t5 3
No Drain

Max takes Psyche
Casting three Invisibility spells:
Improved Invisibility F4: 13d6t5 2 Max
Improved Invisibility F4: 12d6t5 2 Abram
Improved Invisibility F4: 11d6t5 3 Vultus
Drain resist: 15d6t5 4
Drain resist: 15d6t5 4
Drain resist: 15d6t5 0
Ouch. Another 3 Stun

Total 6 Stun - suppressed by Channeled Spirit

Another Service (1 remaining): Concealment on Group: -8 to perceive everyone
Max carries -3 Sustaining Penalty. +4 to all his physical attributes.

[/spoiler]

When they had reached the vicinity of the target, Max opened his eyes. His skin was pallid and showed slight bruises, but his movements were once again inhumanly fluid and graceful. One by one he touched his companions and himself on the shoulder, making them shimmer and vanish.

"Alright. Comms in silent mode. Give MARKs to each other so you can pinpoint your individual locations without running into each other. Communications only through commlink. Good Luck."
« Last Edit: <02-14-17/1343:34> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #87 on: <02-13-17/0857:24> »
I switch skillwire system to sneaking, tracking and computers.  I'll make a few matrix perception tests as I investigate.

[spoiler]matrix perception tests: 7d6t5 4 7d6t5 2 7d6t5 3 7d6t5 3 7d6t5 5 in case you need em[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <02-17-17/2249:58> »
[spoiler]Everyone make a passive perception check.

2 Services: Cast and maintain both spells on Max
Increase Reflexes F8: 16d6t5 8
+8 Ini +4d6
Drain resist: 16d6t5 7
1 Stun
Increase Intuition F6: 1614d6t5 4[16d6t5=5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 3, 1, 1, 4, 4, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 1]
Drain resist: 16d6t5 3
No Drain
Is it because I'm reading this the wrong way or should you be sustaining one point of drain damage on that second resist test?
[/spoiler]

The night is weighing heavily on the rundown neighbourhood, the air smelling like imminent rain. The local Halloweener's hangout in this area is surrounded with mahjong joints, bunraku parlours, pawn shops, and cheap eateries. The place itself is a cross between a nightclub and a bar; you suspect the former was converted into the latter. The only light available is coming from nearby buildings and businesses. The establishment's neon sign is both dark and broken, making it difficult to make out what this place is called. The place is unusually low-profile Matrix-wise and you can see a few gangers outside drinking, smoking and otherwise wasting time.

@Ennui
[spoiler]Vultus sees a dozen or so commlinks inside the place with various things slaved to them. The hangout's icon is pretty weak and seems both dated and hastily pot together.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <02-18-17/0823:01> »
[spoiler]
Increase Intuition is F-3, so it was exactly on point
But as long as Max channels the spirit he can ignore 8 points of wound modifiers, so it's not that important at the moment.

Passive Perception: 13d6t5 65 [13d6t5=1, 4, 2, 6, 6, 2, 1, 6, 6, 5, 2, 4, 6]
or 3 if it's not vision based

[/spoiler]
Max carefully studied the environment while concentrating on maintaining the spells.
<<Alright, our best approach will be to enter from the first or second floor instead of moving through a crowded ground floor. I think I can manage to levitate us up so one of you can open a window. From there we can work our way down.>>
talk think matrix