Max addressed Abran: "So, do you have anything from your contact?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #61 on: <01-30-17/1234:30> »
Abran frowns a little.  "Maybe.  New customer coming 'round, but he says she doesn't look like a ganger.  'sides, she won't be in for almost a week.  That's cutting things razor thin."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <01-30-17/1347:01> »
"Nevertheless it's a lead to go on. If we can get an accurate description or even better an image, I can try to create a mind-net construct to pin-point the location. I'll call Murphy while we ride regarding the replacement."

When they reached the bar, Max gave Abran the lead to hang back and observe.
« Last Edit: <02-01-17/1058:33> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <02-01-17/0521:37> »
As the team arrived to the watering hole, both members got a message from Lt. Murphy. <I've got some good news/bad news for you: the good news is you will have a new teammate that goes by the codename "Vultus". The bad news is she isn't a police officer, so I would ask that you keep sensitive information to yourselves and treat the rest on a need-to-know basis. I have given her the location to your safe house and given her your commcodes, so expect contact sometime soon.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <02-01-17/0550:05> »
Max acknowledged the message and turned to Abram: "Now be careful. From what Murphy says this Vultus might be quite charming and I won't hold it against you if you show interest, but her warning is not unfounded. Operational security trump personal relations. Keep your cards close to the chest."

As he entered the bar, he took a look around and decided to order a beer at the bar and play a game of dart while they waited for the new team member to arrive and Abram to talk in person to his contact.
« Last Edit: <02-01-17/1059:54> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #65 on: <02-01-17/1246:24> »
Max acknowledged the message and turned to Abran: "Now be careful. From what Murphy says this Vultus might be quite charming and I won't hold it against you if you show interest, but her warning is not unfounded. Operational security trump personal relations. Keep your cards close to the chest."

"Hey, I got it," Abran says defensively.  I'm not my fraggin' dad.

Inside the bar Max buys a beer and takes over one of the empty dart machines while Abran takes a moment to talk with Ed.  "Any chance our lady decided to break her habits and come in early?" he asks.

"No such luck," Ed says, placing a pitcher on the counter.  "Ghost, you're even uglier than the last time I saw you."

"Well, you're charming as ever,"
Abran says.  "Let me know if the situation changes, wiz?"

Ed nods, and Abran joins max, pouring his synth beer into a pint glass of questionable cleanliness.  "So, if we can't trust her with operational details, how are we gonna get this done?"

Before Max can answer, they each get a ping from the new recruit.

<<@ Team [Vultus] This is Vultus.  I was told I should contact you.>>

"I got it," Abran says, sending her a ping for the location. 

<<@Vultus [Abran] Meet us at a place called the Hole in the Wall.  Lives up to its name.  I'd leave the nice clothes at home.>>
<<Attachment: Location>>
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <02-01-17/1316:58> »
"Oh no, not as drastic as that: I meant don't reveal personal info like where you worked before or contacts. Operational data we'll have to share."

Max wasn't good at throwing darts - at least not when he left the exercise purely to his muscles and nerves. So instead he used a bit of his enlightened will to get the darts on target - after that it was only a matter of minutes before had beaten the existing records.

When he was done with that and Vultus hadn't shown herself yet, he took up the conversation from before:
"It's a good habit to get into anyway. It's not particularly healthy for a marriage, but neither are you endangering your loved ones either by making them a potential hostage or giving them dangerous knowledge someone might try to get from them. Need to know keeps everyone alive..."
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <02-04-17/1314:06> »
I do a quick matrix search for the hole in the wall and call a cab.  If the cab doesn't take me all the way I'll have to do some walking it seems.  I check my taser and gun just in case and head to the bar.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <02-04-17/1621:41> »
Max stopped talking when a tall, red headed girl entered the bar. He noticed immediately the self assured posture combined with a quick check for danger, indicating a professional.
He nodded to Abram: "Seems like the lady knows how to read the clock." He gave her a short wave to get her attention.
talk think matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <02-04-17/2024:03> »
After a quick scan of the bar for obvious hostiles I catch sight of an arm raised in greeting.  I recognize Max and nod in return and head to the table.

Gents.  Pleasure to meet you...again in your case.  I say nodding to Max at the end.  I offer a mark on my comlink to them both.  Once accepted I continue on coms.

Didn't get much of a briefing on what we are doing, specifically.  Got a sitrep for me?
« Last Edit: <02-05-17/2245:14> by Ennui »

― Lewis Carroll

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <02-05-17/1917:27> »
The buzz from the patrons dies down a bit as Vultus enters, the draft from the door opening separating the smoke from the room and giving everyone a clear image of the latest customer to enter, most eyes turned on her. As Max waves to her, the rest of the crowd goes back to their conversations, the room's atmosphere fully enveloping the redhead as she walks towards the table where Max and Abran are sitting.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <02-06-17/0127:45> »
"It's not particularly complicated: A loon called Alvarez has taken over the Halloweeners leadership and now plans a terror attack on Seattle by using fuel trucks as bombs. We are trying to find out where he is and then take him out of play.
We are here because  Mercury" he indicated at Abran, "has possibly found a lead to an ex-lieutenant of the gang that might come here once in a while.
Our next plan of action is to break into one of their chapter houses and try to find out Alvarez' location.
Oh and for the duration of this mission we are using call signs. Mine is 'Gladius'."

Max replied without anymore small talk.
talk think matrix

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #72 on: <02-06-17/1013:35> »
When he was done with that and Vultus hadn't shown herself yet, he took up the conversation from before:
"It's a good habit to get into anyway. It's not particularly healthy for a marriage, but neither are you endangering your loved ones either by making them a potential hostage or giving them dangerous knowledge someone might try to get from them. Need to know keeps everyone alive..."

Abran is about to ask Max if he has any kids when he realizes that would be missing the point entirely.  Gotta make a good impression with this guy if I'm gonna stay out of beat work for any length of time.  Having a Fire Watch chum'll be handy next time I come up for the Sergeant's test.

When Vultus walks in the whole bar stops and takes note.  Abran does as well.  She approaches, introductions are made, and Gladius apprises her of the situation.

"So, what's your spec, Vultus?" Abran asks.  "We're light on intel, so that's our primary short term goal."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <02-06-17/1045:19> »
Me?  I can do a little of everything, but I specialize in er...human resources.

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <02-06-17/1158:17> »
"I remember," Max replied, "You had quite some success with the Maccency Case last year - getting the exec to confess without you having a shred of evidence was quite a remarkable bluff.
So tell me, seen from a human angle, how would you go and find Alverez?"
talk think matrix