Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[SR6E] Drones and vision enhancements

(1/3) > >>

Moloch1066:
So I have a rigger, and I want to be able to spy in darkness, but I'm a little confused on what upgrades I would need.

These are the circles my mind is going in:
If I have thermographic vision, I assume I wouldn't be able to use it when rigging (remotely, or jumped-in) because that sense is linked to my meat-eyes. If I have cyber-eyes with thermographic enhancements, I still couldn't see thermo, because the drone's sensors aren't picking up that frequency.

But if my drone has a thermographic vision upgrade to its sensor array's camera, I will be able to see thermo when jumped in, but what about when remotely piloting? 
What if I choose ultrasound as one of the sensor functions for my drone's sensor array? Would I need an ultrasound link?

And for that matter, if my drone has a smartgun equipped, who needs to have the smartlink?!

Thanks for any help. I have game tomorrow, and I think I made a mistake when building my character!

MercilessMing:
Ultrasounds links and smartlinks are just for overlaying info in your vision.  When you're remote piloting, think of it like you're looking at a screen that gives you the output from your drone/vehicle's sensors.  You don't need that info overlaid and integrated into your vision with a special device because you're operating via a screen, like a video game.  Possibly an AR virtual screen.

As to the smartgun question though, I'm not actually sure.  Does a smartgun system even do anything in those cases?

Xenon:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---As to the smartgun question though, I'm not actually sure.  Does a smartgun system even do anything in those cases?
--- End quote ---
Not sure if same in SR6, but in SR5 you were typically allowed to take benefit of a mounted weapon's smartgun if you had an implanted smartlink. As as long as you you were remote controlling it in VR mode / being jumped in.

Moloch1066:
Thanks, that's what I originally did.  ;D

--- Quote from: Xenon on ---Not sure if same in SR6, but in SR5 you were typically allowed to take benefit of a mounted weapon's smartgun if you had an implanted smartlink. As as long as you you were remote controlling it in VR mode / being jumped in.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I seem to remember something like that too.

Moloch1066:
Quick followup:

Drones have a built-in sensor array with a rating equal to their sensor stat (2 for my drones). If I want to add a sensor to a drone, can I just buy a single (ultrasound ;) ) sensor for Y300, or do I need to pay for a whole new array with a rating of 3 for Y3000?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version