NEWS

SMH-2010 Appetite for Vengeance -- Special Holiday Missions Event!

• 21 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <10-19-10/1649:01> »
"It could be the solution to the problem of world hunger. Or it could just solve the problem of a few people having far less nuyen than they want.

There's a new breakthrough in food science, a plant that can grow rapidly in almost any climate and could solve food shortages across the globe. It could be the breakthrough of the century, which means it's worth an awful lot to some of the Sixth World's powers. Mr. Johnson's about to drag you into this mess--it's up to you to see what you can get out of the whole thing. And survive, of course.

Appetite for Vengeance is a new scenario that will give players fun wile also giving them a chance help out a local food bank. A canned food donation gets you in the game; additional donations let you re-spend already spent Edge points during the run. This holiday season, pull a run to help you those in need! For more details, check out www.catalystdemos.com and www.shadowrun4.com."

« Last Edit: <10-19-10/1658:26> by Bull »

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-10/1655:04> »
This is a special themed event we''re doing in conjunction with the Catalyst Demo Team this year.  It's a brand new event, and will only be run during the months of November and December.  Check the CDT site for games that might be running in your area, or sign up and volunteer to run one yourself!  Heck, if you have the gaming community, run it more than once.

For now, the adventure is only available for Gamemasters running this event through the CDT website to promote the canned food drive.  One of the CDT Agents is coordinating Gamemasters who need help connecting with a food bank in their area.  On top of that, for anyone who plays in this event, there is a unique item that they can get as a reward!

This is a great charity, and there are a great many people around the world who are going hungry, so even one game can help out a family this holiday season.  So please, come out and play and bring a lot of canned goods, take advantage of the extra Edge you can spend!  And if you don't have an Agent running events in your area, this is a great time to sign up and become one!

Bull

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-10/1709:13> »
Also, please, spread the word to other message boards (Where appropriate, of course)  We want to get this news out to as many people as possible, and get as many of these events running as we can!

And to answer a question that is sure to come up, yes this event will be made available after the holiday season at some point.  I don't have details on that yet though. 

Bull

Halabis

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-21-10/0922:37> »
Only slightly off topic? Do you have the link wher eI sign up for the demo team? I have been running Missions at Dragon Con for Kai for over 4 years now, and have actualy signed up after every year, but never get a response. (havent signed up this year because i cant remember the website). 

Thanks!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <10-21-10/1009:06> »
Only slightly off topic? Do you have the link wher eI sign up for the demo team? I have been running Missions at Dragon Con for Kai for over 4 years now, and have actualy signed up after every year, but never get a response. (havent signed up this year because i cant remember the website). 

Thanks!
Here is the Demo Team's website. If you click on the Enlist! link in the top menu, you can submit a request to join the ranks of the Demo Team (still waiting for my response...).

southpaw13

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <10-21-10/1833:10> »
Hi guys,

For anyone that has submitted an application to the CDT and not gotten a response, please email me at coordinator@catalystdemos.com

I've processed every application I've received in the snail mail.  If you've completed Phase 1 (online) and not phase 2 (snail mail) then you wouldn't be approved.

Thanks

Michael, aka southpaw13

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-21-10/1834:34> »
Talking with Southpaw, the Demo team Coordinator a bit, there's one big sticking point a lot of folks miss when applying to be an Agent...

Step 1 is filling out the web form.  

Step 2 is sending some information in via Snail Mail.  It's a bit archaic, especially for us Shadowrunners, but the reason behind it is that it shows the coordinator you're level of interest.  It's easy to fill out a webform.  Sending in actual paperwork takes a little bit more dedication.  

A lot of folks only do Step 1, and they either assume they don't need to do Step 2, or just miss it completely, and wonder why they never hear back.

If you've done Step 2, contact the Demo Team Coordinator at coordinator@catalystdemos.com, and he'll look into it further.  

Thanks!

Bull

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <10-21-10/1903:40> »
Um... What do I need to mail in? There's nothing on the Enlist page (not even an address) to let us know that we need to send something in and I haven't (yet) received anything back from my submission earlier this week.

A.A. Salati

« Reply #8 on: <10-21-10/2112:00> »
After submitting your webform, clear instructions are provided. Here is the link those instructions direct you to:

http://www.catalystdemos.com/Files/CDTAgentApplication.pdf

Thanks!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

A.A. Salati

« Reply #10 on: <10-21-10/2129:55> »
I get the impression it's supposed to be at least a little challenging. ;) Get your snail package in fast. This is a fun Mission with lots of twists, turns, and big action. Plus it benefits a great cause!

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #11 on: <10-23-10/1725:16> »
"It could be the solution to the problem of world hunger. Or it could just solve the problem of a few people having far less nuyen than they want.

There's a new breakthrough in food science, a plant that can grow rapidly in almost any climate and could solve food shortages across the globe. It could be the breakthrough of the century, which means it's worth an awful lot to some of the Sixth World's powers. Mr. Johnson's about to drag you into this mess--it's up to you to see what you can get out of the whole thing. And survive, of course.

Appetite for Vengeance is a new scenario that will give players fun wile also giving them a chance help out a local food bank. A canned food donation gets you in the game; additional donations let you re-spend already spent Edge points during the run. This holiday season, pull a run to help you those in need! For more details, check out www.catalystdemos.com and www.shadowrun4.com."

I will be running this Saturday November 13th at Sci-Fi City Starting at 10 am and running it as often as I can through out the day until Sci-Fi City closes at 9 pm.

Lets all get together for a good cause.

Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Shadowrun Special Agent #251

Catalyst Demo Team Member
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-07-10/2216:53> »
The adventure has been posted to the CDT site.  Get it, run it, have fun with it!

A.A. Salati

« Reply #13 on: <11-08-10/1059:31> »
I will be at Game Theory in Raleigh, NC at 1:30pm on 11/20, for the running of this Mission.

Mesh
author

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <11-08-10/1139:42> »
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Shadowrun Special Agent #251

Catalyst Demo Team Member

I swear, I need to talk to Randall. There are just too many Joel's running around Catalyst these days. We're getting to the point we'll have to have a Highlander show down...

Joel BC
BattleTech Freelancer
TRO3085 Product Developer
The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer