NEWS

So what is Munchy in the Run

• 56 Replies

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-29-10/1508:36> »
HAHAHA minotaur sneaking.

The way it's panning out is that he's the main distraction while my character sneaks in and out of the area moving in and out of the fight as need be hitting from flanks or rears (when, of course, my GODDAMNED GUN doesn't critglitch. I spent all that time sneaking PERFECTLY to walk right up behind a guard fighting dad and cap'im execution style... and then my gun jammed and the clip fell out. It was a big, "... well, balls." moment)
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #16 on: <09-29-10/1513:39> »
You may want to switch to knives.   :D

And the minotaur may want to invest in some very heavy armor or ramp up his dodge skills.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-29-10/1524:36> »
Well I got that purdy whip...

and I'm looking at swapping my pistol for a pistol crossbow and all sorts of fun ammo... Me and guns have never got along in any system ever. Or in real life. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #18 on: <09-29-10/1526:23> »
You know, if you're looking to sneak up on people and execute them with monowire, why not use a monowire garrote?  Classy and deadly!

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-29-10/1535:47> »
That's on the "ohay I had more BP than I thought I did" shopping list already. XD

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #20 on: <09-30-10/0305:10> »
Cram is your 10¥ per day source for a 2nd IP.

Jazz is your 75¥ per hour/combat source for a 2nd (some GMs even allow drugs to stack, so maybe 3rd,) IP with no negative effects.

If you can't or don't want wires, then get dusted instead.  +1 Reaction +1 Initiative Pass.  Cheap and easy.

Oh, and look into the Subduing rules from page 161-162 of SR4a.  If you run into a heavy opponent or a target you need to question, you can usually count on your "Strength + net hits" to exceed "the defender’s Body" and he's helpless while you automatically do 14S every IP.
« Last Edit: <09-30-10/0324:45> by Kontact »

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #21 on: <09-30-10/0739:28> »
You may want to switch to knives.   :D

And the minotaur may want to invest in some very heavy armor or ramp up his dodge skills.
My armor turns out to be 29/27. Since my Bone density takes me up to the stars (Bod 13). I'm actually toning back my armor since Doomed declared he's making a 20 die pool cap. No sense carrying extra weight just to look cool when I can do that without the extra weight. ;D
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #22 on: <09-30-10/0741:54> »

Jazz is your 75¥ per hour/combat source for a 2nd (some GMs even allow drugs to stack, so maybe 3rd,) IP with no negative effects.

If you can't or don't want wires, then get dusted instead.  +1 Reaction +1 Initiative Pass.  Cheap and easy.

Oh, and look into the Subduing rules from page 161-162 of SR4a.  If you run into a heavy opponent or a target you need to question, you can usually count on your "Strength + net hits" to exceed "the defender’s Body" and he's helpless while you automatically do 14S every IP.
This is good! I need to give this a go... SO I don't tear of opponents heads anymore!

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #23 on: <10-01-10/0324:24> »
I'm not used to DP caps being used for soak tests, only skill tests, (since the suggested cap is 20 or 2*(att+skill), whichever is highest.)

Anyone with 5 or more body is going to butt up against that 20DP soak cap with a little bone work and a good combination of armor.  Seems punishing to the tank, which is a fun build, and really the only way to do a melee beserker.  Hell, even the GMC bulldog comes with 24 soak dice standard.  I'd check with him to see if he means that cap to apply to all pools, but I guess the main tank counter, magic, being gone means that you've got to draw a line somewhere.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-01-10/0742:09> »

This is good! I need to give this a go... SO I don't tear of opponents heads anymore!

Looks like Coderizon will be drug dealing INSIDE the party... He's already a cram junkie and was considering dealing on the side for some extra cash...

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #25 on: <10-01-10/0840:51> »
I'm not used to DP caps being used for soak tests, only skill tests, (since the suggested cap is 20 or 2*(att+skill), whichever is highest.)

Anyone with 5 or more body is going to butt up against that 20DP soak cap with a little bone work and a good combination of armor.  Seems punishing to the tank, which is a fun build, and really the only way to do a melee beserker.  Hell, even the GMC bulldog comes with 24 soak dice standard.  I'd check with him to see if he means that cap to apply to all pools, but I guess the main tank counter, magic, being gone means that you've got to draw a line somewhere.
When Doomed found out I had not been adding my Bod to soak rolls and heard 28/26 He said 20 cap. I said OK. I'm cool with it, I have been a DM/GM for a few years & I understand the headache of trying to keep players... reasonable for them (DMs/Gms) to have some chance to have alittle fun too. I am kinda a know it all at times, but thats just cause I've done alot, I try to be reasonable as a player cause I knw the game isn't about Me winning its about us all having fun.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #26 on: <10-01-10/1923:14> »
Even with that much armor, I'd just aim for the face.  Or spray nanites at you.  Nanites are my friend.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #27 on: <10-01-10/1932:20> »
Cutter nanites?

Usda is that a 20 cap before or after modifiers such as APDS ammo?

Also just out of curiosity how do you pronounce Usda? I imagine it as Ooos-da.

REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #28 on: <10-01-10/1947:28> »
I love Cutters.  Shrikes too.  And there's the ever lovely Surtr (or whatever it's called.  The one that sets you on fire.)

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #29 on: <10-01-10/2017:08> »
Yeah they are nice... Just so darn expensive, it's like a months rent per dose. Especially Surtr, if I want to set someone on fire there's so many cheaper ways to do it.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada