NEWS

New Copy of SR5 has pages falling out!

• 93 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #45 on: <11-22-13/0858:16> »
Interesting bit, by the way, I got a chance to look at a german copy (girlfriend can handle German well so she got a German player of ours to order one for her, at 20 euros instead of 58 it's a bargain), and they bound in sections there. So rather than all pages glued directly to the back, they glued it in bits, and from the side it looks like a repeated u-shape of paper. Not sure how much sense that description makes to people.

basically the pages are bound in groups right? say 50 pages at a time if I am following you....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #46 on: <11-22-13/1022:16> »
Yeah, something like 30 to 40 pages per group I think.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ralff11

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <11-22-13/2225:52> »
Update on mine.  Got my replacement copy a couple weeks ago.  Been reluctant to open it but finally did today since I have a group coming over.  Looks like it's the same as the original book (with the pages attached to the back).  Just opening the book as gentle as I can, I can see the glue want to pull away from the back.  I'll be babying this copy too I guess...

Airswing

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <11-23-13/0640:04> »
So what is being done about these faulty books?

Has the printer been held accountable for the abysmal quality of these books?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #49 on: <11-23-13/0803:47> »
basically the pages are bound in groups right? say 50 pages at a time if I am following you....
I tried to count them and it's 16 groups, can't really see well at the end whether the final group is bigger or smaller. So that's roughly 32 pages per group.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <11-23-13/0849:58> »
So what is being done about these faulty books?

Has the printer been held accountable for the abysmal quality of these books?

That would be up to MR. Hardy and the other product managers. And we will probably never hear about what, if anything is done with/to/about the printers.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #51 on: <11-23-13/1641:14> »
I guess 500-pages of awesome is just too much.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <11-23-13/1738:11> »
I guess 500-pages of awesome is just too much.

agreed.

Lord Nikon

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <11-24-13/0926:12> »
Well something needs to be done. Its cool they are replacing the book as a one time courtesy, but its going to turn off new people or returning people.

If the Pathfinder folks can make a book with nearly the same amount of pages and its stood up to massive playing and reading time, so can this company. :) But I love them either way.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <11-24-13/0936:20> »
Well something needs to be done. Its cool they are replacing the book as a one time courtesy, but its going to turn off new people or returning people.

If the Pathfinder folks can make a book with nearly the same amount of pages and its stood up to massive playing and reading time, so can this company. :) But I love them either way.

actually, 2 of the 3 pathfinder books that my group has have fallen apart. Admittedly, not in weeks or days (took a couple of months)... so this problem is not exclusive to just Catalyst.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <11-24-13/1224:39> »

actually, 2 of the 3 pathfinder books that my group has have fallen apart. Admittedly, not in weeks or days (took a couple of months)... so this problem is not exclusive to just Catalyst.

Yes, My pathfinder core book is having issues. Not as bad as described, mind you. Best book binding I have seen is on the l5r corebook where it has separated from the spine, but the thick binding string is holding it together so well, you wouldn't even notice.

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <12-08-13/1246:11> »
I had this issue with two books in a row. The first book lasted about a week before the pages started coming loose which I took back to the store and the owner replaced it for me and the second book immediately started losing pages. I just e-mailed catalyst to see what they can do for me, here's hoping.

Airswing

• Newb
« Reply #57 on: <12-08-13/1950:32> »
I had this issue with two books in a row. The first book lasted about a week before the pages started coming loose which I took back to the store and the owner replaced it for me and the second book immediately started losing pages. I just e-mailed catalyst to see what they can do for me, here's hoping.

They were slow to get back to me but replaced the faulty books.

Just hang in there.

VonEros

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <12-09-13/1128:31> »
It seems that, since I bought my book from a vendor, I get to pound sand. I have not had any response to any of my emails and do not expect one at this point. I guess that the next book I order will have to come through Catalyst directly. If I order more. a $60 loss is quite the hit for me these days.

risoarisco

• Newb
« Reply #59 on: <12-10-13/1549:58> »
hey guys, im here because in this forum is where i found the info to get in touch with catalyst for my faulty book and just today Randall, the guy whose email is in the webpage answer me, so in case anyone in catalyst is reading, thanks guys!  and for the other users who havent heard from them, in my experience the answer came after 2 weeks, but it sure did, so hang in there, and i can assure you, the people in charge is cool,understands the problem and are eager to help.

in my case i put in the mail photos of the book and a copy of the receip, so you all should do the same in case you havent